KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

VENUS & SERENA.... Are they beautiful or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machiavel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:

BUTCH???

Shocked

Let me get this BUTCH then....

Damn! A la bagay who? ta fè

Timafi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OOOOOOOOOO who? ki sa ou ta fe a papa?

Machiavel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

malheur a yon neg ki aveg ki pa ka admiré bagay sa.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Quote:
If they were light skin, I think the comments would have been different.

I don't like to read comments like this. This is really not a question of skin tones. Like I said before, gen moun ki panse depi yon moun rouge ou bel. I have seen plenty of ugly grimelles in my days. I don't think this comment really had its place here.

Back to the Williams sisters. Trust me, I am not the best looking girl in the world. But I have no reason to be jealous of anyone. I take what God has given me and make the best out of it. The williams sisters are UGLY. Pa gen literature nan sa.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for them. They have accomplished a lot. But when it comes to beauty they do not have it. Yes, the girls are sexy. They exercise their body regularly and so they have nice bodies and they are sexy, that I agree with. BUT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SEXY WOMAN AND A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. FEW WOMEN HAVE BOTH.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YON MOUN KI GEN YON BOTE NATUREL AVEC YON MOUN KI VIN PASSAB NAN LAJAN.

moun ki bel lan, li te met nan mize, li bel.

I have no problems with these girls. BESIDES, BEAUTY IS NOT WHAT MAKES A PERSON. I have no problems with saying a girl is beautiful. I believe in myself enough to be able to do that. THE WILLIAMS SISTERS HOWEVER, DO NOT FALL IN THAT CATEGORY

What in regards to this comment that does not have its place here. It’s funny how some people make it seem like color prejudice does not exist. I have seen the reaction of many when it comes to Serena and Venus vs. other players who are not attractive at all. The rude comments and the animosity that are directed towards these young women are unbelievable. Siromyel, you may not want to admit it, skin color/features etc. have a lot to do with it. There are lots of unattractive looking women in tennis, but their beauty was never an issue. Whether you want to ignore it or not prejudice and racism exist and it will always show its ugly face one way or another. However, Siromyel, I have one question for you, what make these women so” UGLY” in your eyes? I would love to know your criteria of BEAUTY…..

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

contrary to what you may think, my opinion of beauty has nothing to do with skin color. I'm not saying that racism and skin color is not an issue, I'm just saying I don't see it's relevance here. I don't think anyone on the board is judging these girls' beauty based on skin tone. We are all black here.

Besides, like someone already said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Stick to your opinion and I'll stick to mine. I am not the one who brought up this post, so I'm not the one making their looks an issue. I am just stating an opinion. Like I said, I haver a lot of respect for them because of what they have achieved. But that aside, I think they are sexy and maybe attractive, but they are certainly not beautiful. I give people credit where it is due, that is all.

konpadiva

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am absolutely amazed at some of these comments. I shake my head in front of the PC. Some of us do not know beauty, which is not surprising to me either. The Williams Sisters and all other Black Women are Beautiful, whether some of us agree or not!. It is sad to see our kind make the comments I’ve read here. I do understand “to each it’s own”. However, it is not the Physical Appearance that does justice for these two Women, it is their Character. Have any of you seen them being interviewed? They are smart and have been successful in a Sport that many of us have struggled in the past. The Characteristics of an individual makes them Beautiful, the physical appearance should not matter. So what they are muscular!!! They play a Professional Sport that requires them to have these physiques. I have grown up these two Women from the beads to seeing another side of them. I agree with what another poster stated..Wonder. And on what basis of Beauty are some of us criticizing them? The European standards?? If so, that is all BS. We know what the standards are… There are many things in this society that has such a wrong connotation of what Beauty defies. It is everywhere, and if do not see this, than you are blind or just choose to ignore it. Nevertheless, beauty from the inside creates beauty to the outside, Character. If One is willing to look, than they know the true term of Beauty.

Soul4U

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
contrary to what you may think, my opinion of beauty has nothing to do with skin color. I'm not saying that racism and skin color is not an issue, I'm just saying I don't see it's relevance here. I don't think anyone on the board is judging these girls' beauty based on skin tone. We are all black here.

Besides, like someone already said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Stick to your opinion and I'll stick to mine. I am not the one who brought up this post, so I'm not the one making their looks an issue.

Hmm... Gotta love KM! Well, those of you that know me and my posts know that I don’t write NEW Topics that often. When I do post something new, it’s usually something that I ask for the members feedback or their personal opinion or beliefs on a particular topic. I’m a person that’s not afraid to keep it real. I explained clearly what kind of feedback I’ve gotten regarding Serena and Venus and I am 100% positive some of you have had similar discussions. I gave my opinion and shared with you guys what people have told me. The funny thing is that if it gets tense or if the reality is “negative, Ugly or whatever” people tend to turn their cheeks. Maybe it’s because they don’t want people to know how they really feel in order to protect their image or whatever… And yes, I am making a GENERAL STATEMENT HERE.

I know their’s a lot of mature people on this board that can keep it real and I knew sooner or later, this topic would start to take a turn somewhere and start to get tense. That’s not a problem and I hope we don’t start making any personal attacks. If you have your opinion or beliefs, Great! share it with us and it’s always good to give reasons or “definitions” to back it up… Especially when asked. I am sure we will all learn something. So, to clarify, I am not making Venus and Serena Williams’ looks an “issue”. I’m making it a “TOPIC”. Don’t be afraid to keep it real folks.

Quote:
boulevardestubes wrote: Siromyel, you may not want to admit it, skin color/features etc. have a lot to do with it. There are lots of unattractive looking women in tennis, but their beauty was never an issue. Whether you want to ignore it or not prejudice and racism exist and it will always show its ugly face one way or another.

Boulevard, you have a point there. Plain and simple...

Peace,
Soul

PS- DJ, I'm not sure if it's my computer but for some reason, I dont see the new pics you put up. I have the red x in the box. Hmm... I'll refresh it to make sure.

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! mezanmi, as much as I like those ladies as tennis players but medames sa yo PA BELLE... I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder min si nou medame sa yo belle nou **** blind.

Ki bagay character nap pale la a...kote'n kon moun yo poum map pale de character a.

Great tennis players devan L'eternel...

Serena has a very nice and tight body that's it.

Venus has a nice figure that's it.

Min yo pa belle.

chenette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was trying to stay far away from this post, but i can't help it.
Beauty does not have anything to do with your skin color, gen ampil crimel ki laide.
Are those two ladies belle nan figure, not in my book; however, they do have a nice shape; are they beautifull on the inside? i have no idea Rolling Eyes
but i am very proud of them.
Anyway, mwen pa pense que beaute aussi important que ca, who knows, i might be wrong?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: