KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

VENUS & SERENA.... Are they beautiful or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dschaeff03

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Serena is no muscular she maybe looked so on a TV screen but in real life besides her athletic frame she's also very feminine.

boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wonder wrote:
But we have to know that money can't really make people beautiful, it can only showcase what was already there but was somehow hidden. Paske gen de moun all the money on earth pap fe anyen pou yo. Much love to the Williams sisters I love them both.

I like that comment.

If they were light skin, I think the comments would have been different.

They are two beautiful and very talented women.

Raymi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sou4U,

Great post but bad title. If you think they're beautiful, the "butches" part should not even be in there because it's not even part of the consideration.

The williams sisters are 2 beautiful and talented women, not beautiful black women, beautiful brown skin women, but 2 beautiful women period.

My friends have always thought that I'm crazy but personally I prefer Venus over Serena.
She just has this grace about her. And her long legs, My my.

Much love
Raymi.

Soul4U

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kafou wrote:
Most women are affraid of the williams sisters. they feel intimidated because these women are highly educated, strong both pysically and mentally, and on top of it, they are gorgeous,

The williams sisters are beautiful, any woman that hates, that's because they are jealous.

Hey Kafou, you nailed it right on the button my man! I honestly think most of the women that say these women are not attractive are actually intimidated or jealous and they don’t like the fact that men are attracted to these women that they think don't look good. lol... I also think the fact that they are dark and have strong African features have something to do with it too... Hmm, am I right???

Quote:
dschaeffo3 wrote: Serena is no muscular she maybe looked so on a TV screen but in real life besides her athletic frame she's also very feminine.

Yup. I had put a link at the end of my opening post. did you guys take a look at it?

Ok, Serena is getting alot of attention on here people Laughing ... Let’s take a look and analyze Venus now. Any pics? Dj kreyol why don’t you hook up a couple of shots of Venus...

It really helps to get feedback from some of you women on here.... For or against the sisters. I have afeeling some women think men only look at these women bodies and that's it. It's more than that if you ask me... Keep it coming guys.... Laughing by the way, did any of you see these girls on Oprah two weeks ago? They have a new book out now...

Peace,
Soul

PS- I'm in Florida at the moment and am getting to a computer when I can and some of my responses may come a bit late. I do read the messaages through through my phone though.

Soul4U

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi wrote:
Sou4U,

Great post but bad title. If you think they're beautiful, the "butches" part should not even be in there because it's not even part of the consideration.

The williams sisters are 2 beautiful and talented women, not beautiful black women, beautiful brown skin women, but 2 beautiful women period.

My friends have always thought that I'm crazy but personally I prefer Venus over Serena.
She just has this grace about her. And her long legs, My my.

Much love
Raymi.

I see your point Rami but the reason I put "butches" is because thats what some people say and it's a debate. I'm just keeping it real. But of course I vote for "Beautiful" too...

Soul

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
If they were light skin, I think the comments would have been different.

I don't like to read comments like this. This is really not a question of skin tones. Like I said before, gen moun ki panse depi yon moun rouge ou bel. I have seen plenty of ugly grimelles in my days. I don't think this comment really had its place here.

Back to the Williams sisters. Trust me, I am not the best looking girl in the world. But I have no reason to be jealous of anyone. I take what God has given me and make the best out of it. The williams sisters are UGLY. Pa gen literature nan sa.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for them. They have accomplished a lot. But when it comes to beauty they do not have it. Yes, the girls are sexy. They exercise their body regularly and so they have nice bodies and they are sexy, that I agree with. BUT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SEXY WOMAN AND A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. FEW WOMEN HAVE BOTH.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YON MOUN KI GEN YON BOTE NATUREL AVEC YON MOUN KI VIN PASSAB NAN LAJAN.

moun ki bel lan, li te met nan mize, li bel.

I have no problems with these girls. BESIDES, BEAUTY IS NOT WHAT MAKES A PERSON. I have no problems with saying a girl is beautiful. I believe in myself enough to be able to do that. THE WILLIAMS SISTERS HOWEVER, DO NOT FALL IN THAT CATEGORY

rorothebest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="kafou"]Phizzzzzzzzzzzzz;

Di'm kisa ou ta fe, si dada Serena williams ta vin sot tombe nan lap ou. talk to me please. Rolling Eyes Kafou neg pam gin le se bondie sel ki pou ta delivrem anba kalite dada sa apre se lopital pou-m ta ale.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Confused Oh lala...
Thanks Siromyel Exclamation

belchokola

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also objected to Soul's usage of "Beauty" vs "Butch" in referring the the William sisters. Confused Confused Butch is a direct reference to sexuality...and it should not be used in regards to whether one is "beautiful" or not Idea

Beauty is definetely in the eye of the beholder, and how one objectifies beauty. I once read a photographic book that states, "The concept of what makes up beauty is how the eye judges beauty based on previous images of beauty." (this by the way is paraphrased) In other words...beauty is based on what other standards of beauty are!!!!

The Williams sisters, Serena and Venus...while not the "typical image" of what "beauty" entails Rolling Eyes based largely on European standards, admit it or not...are attractive sistas.

It is a scientific fact, that White women and Black women's bodies greatly differ. This may largely explain why in comparison to White tennis female players the William sisters are more muscular, toned etc.... plus they are heavily into working out.

In any event, Serena and Venus are not proclaiming themselves to "beautiful" or not.... why we re focusing on it boggles me?!?!?!?!?!

Soul4U

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belchokola wrote:
I also objected to Soul's usage of "Beauty" vs "Butch" in referring the the William sisters. Confused Confused Butch is a direct reference to sexuality...and it should not be used in regards to whether one is "beautiful" or not Idea

My title seems to be distracting to a couple of you, therefore, I made some changes to it...

Peace
Soul

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: