Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - ARLY LARIVIERE EXPLAINS WHY NU LOOK HAD TO PLAY............
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ARLY LARIVIERE EXPLAINS WHY NU LOOK HAD TO PLAY............
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: ARLY LARIVIERE EXPLAINS WHY NU LOOK HAD TO PLAY............ Reply with quote Back to top

We got a call from NU LOOK maestro ARLY LARIVIERE last night. He wanted to give his take on why NU LOOK performed this past weekend even after the death of their long time drummer CHANEL's wife.

ARLY: "There are a lot of things that the fans don't know about in the business. Unfortunately, death/mourning and the business that we are in, do not mix. First I wanted to say that CHANEL told us that NU LOOK could go and perform without him. He was ok with that. The fans must not forget that we cancelled an entire weekend of Compasfest a few years back when Chanel's mother passed away. We also had a lot of pressure in terms of the Saturday gig in New Jersey with Carimi. We had already cancelled that same gig before, so it was a bit hard to do it again because the promoter would not have understood. A perfect example being that after we had attended the funeral of Chanel's wife on Saturday morning in Philadelphia, I got a call on my cell phone from one of the promoters from that party asking me to do INTERVIEWS TO PROMOTE THE BAL....BECAUSE PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT WE WERE NOT COMING. Can you believe that?

Arly continues "I don't want the fans to think that we don't care about family members of our band members. I have been through the same thing myself after losing a very dear AUNT of mine who used to live in New York. She was like a mother to me. I had to go perform in Orlando on the day that she was being buried in Haiti. While my family was going to Haiti to bury her, I was driving to Orlando in tears where I had to play because the promoter had said that he would sue us if we did not show up to play (Epok Gazzman). I remember playing and I said that I could not play SOUVENIRS because it would be too much for me to bear. When I got to the song, I started crying. The band had to stop playing because of that."

Arly concludes "The MAIN reason we flew over there was because the funeral for Chanel's wife was being held in Philadelphia. It would have been hard to explain to the NEW JERSEY promoter for the Saturday bal that we could not come and play in Jersey, since we were already close by in Philadelphia. GIN DE SITUATION NAN BIZNIS NAN KI PI WO PASSE NOU. NOU TE OBLIJE AL JWE...EPI CHANEL TE DI NOU KE LI OK POU NOU AL JWE."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Neg Timid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mezanmi,

Nou mèt fè pa malere a. Li byen eksplike rezon ki fè l te oblije al jwe. Se pa nan mizik sèlman Arly santimantal... Li konn kòman pou l manyen manm moun byen lè l nan pwoblèm. Bouch li dous kou siwo ! Laughing

NT

yef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I commend Arly for clearing things up to keep up Nu Look's good image!

Now I think Arly should be more vocal on the Pipo front as well. He needs to come up and nip those rumors in the bud.

-Fabrice Rouzier

bkzone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i guess arly had read what was said about him yesterday

not to be mean or negative

but do we have to say negative about u for u to come and defend ur self

there are plenty of other issues that have been mention in the past u didnt come

and defends them, so arly the same way u came to defends this

next time something said about nu look thats not true come and defends

it the same (rumors could be true)

and great response

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Canatienne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yef wrote:
Well, I commend Arly for clearing things up to keep up Nu Look's good image!

Now I think Arly should be more vocal on the Pipo front as well. He needs to come up and nip those rumors in the bud.

I agree... Not to change subject but I can't get over the video with Arly and Pipo au Zenith, Paris...

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pa gen anyen okinnmoun ka di laa.

Thks for the clarification on the issue maestro.

Now let' talk about PIPO.

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys we have to understand that the guy cannot come and make a statement on everything people say about NuLook. If so, the guy would spend his entire time making statements. Sometimes you have to let people talk and you stay focus.
As far as Pipo, as long as they take care of their issues internally that's all that matters. The guy doesn't have to come and issue a statement. The funeral thing was a bit sensitive, so he had to clear things up.

All of you that are talking know that se nan America nap viv. Business is business. Not that people don't care, but sometimes you have to make tough decision. How many times we see professional athletes lose their loved ones and they still play. Perfect example: Brett Favre lost his dad on saturday and played one of his best game on sunday.
Do you guys remember couple years back, Michael Guirand lost his dad and performed on labor day couple days after.
I can go on and on with this but I'm sure you guys know what's up but just because it's NuLook people want to make a big deal out of it.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEG2BIEN

Just like I was telling ARLY yesterday....DO NOT COMPARE the MICKAEL GUIRAND or SHABBA issues to THIS one because it was those 2 artists who were DIRECTLY affected by the tragedy...so THEY took the decision to play THEMSELVES.

In THIS case, it was NOT Arly who lost someone dear to him...IT WAS CHACHOU/CHANEL. It is different than what you are bringing up. It would have been a different story had CHANNEL been the one who decided HIMSELF to get on the drums and play with NU LOOK "himself"...then PA GIN ANYIN Promoteur a or anybody could have said.

Having said that, Arly gave his side of things...so you have it from his side of things.

KM!

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm buying it Arrow Arrow Arrow

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Neg2byen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see where you're coming from, Pat!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: