Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - MICKAEL GUIRAND DELIVERS BOOMING MIAMI COMPASFEST VERDICT!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MICKAEL GUIRAND DELIVERS BOOMING MIAMI COMPASFEST VERDICT!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: MICKAEL GUIRAND DELIVERS BOOMING MIAMI COMPASFEST VERDICT! Reply with quote Back to top

This is what we got from CARIMI vocalist MICKAEL GUIRAND on his take for the 2012 Miami Compas Festival.

MICKAEL GUIRAND: "I'm very disapointed about the festival.. I still cannot grasp the concept that people pay big money to come to a festival and don't get a Chance to see the headliners... 45minutes before they shut down the park Kreyol la started playing with us, Nu Look and Djakout left. Sorry to Be blunt but I personally don't care about this event anymore.. Spending money to prepare a show is not a priority... It's about time that they understand that this formula for a festival is not working. Something new needs to happen or it's just gonna die and disappear...So when they are ready, let us know. This is crazy that on the l'union fait la force day.. Flag day we are portraying division with 2 festivals... So kat la merite rebat."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Mon May 21, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

dimitri_007

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: MICKAEL GUIRAND DELIVERS BOOMING MIAMI COMPASFEST VERDIC Reply with quote Back to top

Is this a Sign that Carimi will jump Ship to PEDRO LUCKY & AL FORT LAUDERDALE Original COMPAS FESTIVAL....

STAY TUNED
Shocked

kompamagazine wrote:

This is what we got from CARIMI vocalist MICKAEL GUIRAND on his take for the 2012 Miami Compas Festival.

MICKAEL GUIRAND: "I'm very disapointed about the festival.. I still cannot grasp the concept that people pay big money to come to a festival and don't get a Chance to see the headliners... 45mn before they shut down the park Kreyol la started playinn with us, Nu Look and Djakout left. Sorry to Be blunt but I personally don't care about this event anymore.. Spending money to prepare a show is not a priority... It's about time that they understand that this formula for a festival is not working. Something new needs to happen or it's just gonna die and disappear...So when they re ready, let us know. This is crazy that on the l'union fait la force day.. Flag day we are portraying division with 2 festivals... So kat la merite rebat."

KM!
Shocked Shocked

[img][/img]

yef

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's good to hear that people who understand the marketing and business aspects of things share my view point.

Since the conception of this second festival, I was against the idea of having two simultaneous flag day events because it made no sense financially. Both organizations are only making about 60% of the potential profit.

Now the artists are suffering because each event is trying to get an edge by squeezing in as many acts as possible.

The losers here are:
The organizers (they lose potential money)
The artists (They prepare a show and don't get to play)
The fans (They could have a meaningful unified weekend while catching all of their favorite acts)

-Fabrice Rouzier

Last edited by yef on Mon May 21, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

bigcliff78

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think the two heavy weight promoters should put their pride aside, meet up and talk about what needs to be done. No need to have (2) festivals in 1 day. Neg yo ap fait deficit, cash qui supposer faite la pa faite. Meter gran moune sous nous et address the situation.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Atis la di an francais

@@ Voye' and he's frustrated

tet chage"

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I understand the frustration that some may have about having 2 festivals and the comments as we as a people being divided, let's not kid ourselves and use that as another excuse as to why this festival turned out the way it did.

What does having another festival have to do with bands not being able to have sufficient time to finish their set or being able to perform? I know the rain put a damper on things but I can remember there have been perfect weather and ONE DAMN festival and these issues still seem to plague the organizers.

Maybe it's time that the powers that be go back to the drawing board because if this blatant disregard of the paying public and now even prominent artists (e.g. M. Guirand) concerns are not addressed properly and rectified this festival will not be event people look forward to anymore.

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those who went to Miami are complaining, moun Fort Lauderdale ap fè menm bagay ka plenyen....

I was upset with Compasfest last year..mwen te di mwen pap mete pied tout tan mwen pa tande gen yon chanjman.

Mwen al Fort Lauderdale for the first time....I was not impressed at all....

Could have been the rain.....

Si se pou mwen..yo mèt kanpe tous deux events sa yo.

Suspann manipile yon pep....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yef

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the fact that we have two on the same day, same time is the actual problem.

Because it means they are competing against each other. Which means they are both going to squeeze as many artists as possible to gain an advantage.

Add the squeezing to our lack of respect for timing and you have in your hands bands who ran out of time to perform.

-Fabrice Rouzier

Ekzaamp

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Antouka gen 2 sujet diferan la a piga nou melanje yo non.

2 Festival se pa sa ki fè schedule djazz yo pa respekte, se nan òganizasyon an sa ye. Noel & Cecibon gen anpil experyans nan fè event sa a chak ane epi pou toujou gen pwoblèm tan an ki poze chak ane.

Koze 2e festival la se pa biznis pa mwen donk 2 òganisasyon yo ki pou youn eseye aproche lòt sinon lajan ap depanse epi piblik la ap gen chwa ki kote li vle ale.

kompawoolala

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YON SEL MOUN TOUJOU BEZSYEN FE TOUT BAGAY. MWEN PA ALE NAN FESTIVAL ANKOR PASKE MANKE ORGANIZASYON. LE OU ALE NAN YON NFL SUPER BOWL SE BEL BAGAY NAN 25 MINUTE TOUT BAGAY KI GENTAN FET. AYISYEN BEZYEN FE LAJAN YO TOUT PE DEPANSE. SI WAP CHAJE MOUN POU VIN'N GADE YON INSPETAK DEPENSE EPI CHAJE PEP LA. NAN YON SEL STAGE OU VLE POU TOUT DJAZZ SA YO JWE. PA PRAN 10 DJAZZ POU FE FESTIVAL LA. PRAN 4 DJAZZ POU JWE POU TAN PA FE YO LAGE. TOUT MOUN ORGANIZASYON FESTIVAL SA YO SE POU PORCH YO FEL YOUN NAN YO PA POU DRAPO VRE.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: