KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

T-MICKY REP. JUBE RETURNS FIRE AT KM MEMBER ON.........
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: T-MICKY REP. JUBE RETURNS FIRE AT KM MEMBER ON......... Reply with quote Back to top

We got this message from T-MICKY representative PAPA JUBE on a comment made by KM Member BOBORI on a post yesterday.

JUBE: "With all due respect, but I find your statement of "Me forcing T-MICKY down people's throat" preposterous, I have never called any promoters or anyone and asked them to book T-MICKY. I have yet to ask anyone for any favors for T-MICKY. It's beyond my control he is the president's son, it's beyond my control he is the son of "SWEET MICKY" !!!

Just for information purposes, I didn't just jumpe on T-MICKY's band wagon, I managed and represented Sweet Micky The Father for the past 5 years prior to him becoming President, I have also known Sweet Micky for over 25 years, I am not new to this, I am True to this brother!! I am here for all haitian musicians, perhaps you need to reach out to some of the upcoming groups and ask them, if me being there is measured only by matching them with the successful groups, then, that's a different story, because there are quite a bit of politics within that concept, you are not in my shoes, so it's easier to point fingers, but I have done it many times!!!

So, when you see T-MICKY with T-VICE, or CARIMI, at COMPAFEST etc...it's not me using relationships to make it happen, it's promoters calling me curious wanting to book T-MICKY.
but while we are at it let me give you his itinerary:
T-MICKY FOR THE MONTH OF MAY:
MAY 12th: T-MICKY @ French Guyanne (Cayenne)
May 16th : T-MICKY IN PARIS w T-VICE
MAY 17th: T-MICKY @CLub Hollywood Live with CARIMI, MIAMI
MAY 18th: T-MICKY @ TURKS & CAICOS
MAY 19th: T-MICKY @ COMPAFEST
Patience is our virtue, the kid is young, only 19 years old, there is no rush on anyone part, the priority right now is for him to finish his college studies, then, we go hard!!! right now, we are just in preparation stages!!!
'DON'T HATE THE PLAYER- HATE THE GAME"

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue May 01, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

KonpaKontak

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Outchhh saa boule...In other words go and make friends with the president or be the son of some famous person and they will book your band. You don't need to be talented. Sak pa kontan anbake...

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KonpaKontak wrote:
Outchhh saa boule...In other words go and make friends with the president or be the son of some famous person and they will book your band. You don't need to be talented. Sak pa kontan anbake...

LA PAIX BON DYE AVE'W Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

RICKY

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alon HMI sa papa. M pa we sa djaz sa ap regle

kompawoolala

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PAPA JUBE LAGE KASE METE NAN MEN YO. DAT PAPA JUBE AK SWEET MICKY SE BON PATNER. BAYO GEN NAN YO BO ISIT LA YO PA CHACHE INFORMATION AVAN YO POSTE. SE CHITA DEYE COMPUTER YO VOYE MOUTE. OU TAP MANDE POU PAPA JUBE MEN'M LAGE KOZE NAN BAROU.

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Papa Jube wrote:
Quote:
I am here for all haitian musicians, perhaps you need to reach out to some of the upcoming groups and ask them, if me being there is measured only by matching them with the successful groups, then, that's a different story, because there are quite a bit of politics within that concept, you are not in my shoes, so it's easier to point fingers, but I have done it many times!!!

It would be very unfair for me to stay quiet at this point. This statement by Papa Jube is 1,000% true. I can certainly vouch for him here.

I am someone who has always been passionate about working with the upcoming groups. I have worked with Fahrenheit, Bel Jazz, Chale Mizik, 718, and a slew of others in the background. If there was one promoter whom I have reached out to or has reached out to me for any of these bands it was PAPA JUBE. Even if he knew it would be money loss, he would take the chance, and give them the SOBs stage. Jube is also a man who will get contacted by major international events and call you up to see if you are available or interested. Whether or not he works with your group is not a factor.

I've stated this to KM before and I will say it again: Message to the upcoming bands: KNOCK ON DOORS!! Be persistent with it and consistent with your material. Eventually, the right people will notice and open up their doors to you. It's hard work but the entertainment industry is never easy. If you are serious about your craft, then eventually you will succeed.

BoBoRi

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Jube... BoBoRi is NOT one who just come here and post just to post! And Im sure when you read between the lines you realize Im NOT brainless. I appreciate T-Micky as a musician... Although I think he is a better musician than a singer, but that's an other topic. He is young, not bad looking so ti medam yo ka distre yo a misye lol.... but you know very well that Karizma is way way way better than T-Micky and they're also young... As a big dog you need to step up and rethink your strategies.

Yes you've been representing Martelly when he wasnt hot and I commend you for that!! But as PAPA JUBE, a name that says a lot in this business, Im NOT asking you to pay the same attention to all upcoming bands like you're doing for T-Micky, but there are ways to spice up the business! And I already mentioned some of them.

I think it's NOT smart at all when the upcoming bands play at your venue when no established bands are available. At least have them open up shows for these big bands so they can get some exposure! So that people have a chance to discover the talented ones.

What bothers me with the T-Micky episode is the fact that before his father was president no one wanted to have him as a match up; even his dad Sweet Micky no band wanted to pair up with him!!! and BOOOOOOM he became president and now all these established bands are suddenly flatered to play with the son of the president...

Bottom line... Stop matching up 2 or 3 major act one friday, and the next Friday you have 1 or 2 upcoming bands kap vin mal pase epi nap plenyen HMI la down... Like I said before, and that applies to every body... I wanna see if that same A$$ kissing continues after the reign of honorable president.

Mr. Jube Im not picking on you brother! And it's not about T-Micky... It's about being fair to all POTENTIAL new acts.

Even LNDJ... they're not really helping any upcoming bands... Mind you Melodi! a very good upcoming band with a lot of potential... Why not give them a good time slot so people discover them??? Why have these guys play at 9pm when a bunch of solo acts perform late? Dont we see anything wrong in this picture?

Kompafest/Tonton Noel... The same thing. All these guys build a wall to stop Krezi... Why not push Krezi and the competition between Krezi and Kreyol la become a reason why people wanna come out? NOOOOOOOOO they instead wanna push one and destroy the other... That same wall was put in place for Gabel... Gabel is trying hard to get rid of it so much so now their tenacity start paying off.

I can go on and on and on and show you how most if not all so called BIG DOGS in this business are far from being real businessmen.

RICHIE SUPERSTAR MAKER PI RED

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like i've said in the Previous post

No one 1 big promoter will change the way business is done in
the HMI , but will say that like him or not
JUBE have given many a chance when he din't have to

Don't like the way it's done too bad he still got a business to run, New band
also need to work hard and have themselves notice without laying in
hope to be safe by some big dog.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RICKY

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bobori peze fren ti gason. Ou ale ak twop vites sou yo Laughing

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

T-Micky happens to be at the right place at the right time...
Misye chanceux anpil..se pandan papa'l prezidan li lance karye li...
Pa gen moun ki pa tap
Profite de sa..
Gen promoteur ki pran'l paske misye jeune, li pa led, li ka rale fanm..
Gen ki pran'l paske yo se zanmi papa'l..
Gen lot ki pran'l tou lan ashte figi. Sa yo pral mande papa'l favor pi devan...

Bay piti yon break. Se pa fot si papa'l Prezidan..
Si'm te lan plas misye, mwen tap bay papa'm presyon pou'm ka jwe shak jou..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: