KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KREZI "ZAFE YO": OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: KREZI "ZAFE YO": OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the KOMPA MAGAZINE official song by song review of KREZI's latest cd.

*ZAFE YO - Nice track about people that are "EGRI" about Davidoff and the other musicians. The song has some nice grooves in there. Having said that, it is not a typical kick off track on a cd in terms of the tempo, but the groove is very addicting. My favorite line on there is MADAM OU AP DANSE...OU RET DENT SERE.

*PRES DE TOI: Mellow track that could hit many heartstrings. It actually picks up after a slow beginning...when the English chorus comes in, followed by the guitar and Davidoff solo. Could not stop moving to the groove. The song also has a nice SAX in there. "I wanna be in your life, your arms, your bed."

*KOUZEN: David and Donald grooves lead this one. An enjoyable track that could be fun LIVE.

*TANPRI SOUPLE: Talking about his infidelity...begging his girl to accept him back. Another good one from Krezi on the slow jam vibe. Very catchy and mellow chorus. When this song ended, I was begging for more....so I kept on pressing the rewind button. David Dupoux keyboard flavor at his best.

*SPONSOR: Funny track about guys who have women taking care of their FINANCIAL needs...therefore "SPONSORS". James C. has to explain to his girl that She is the one he loves, but she must understand that she has to go "PUNCH IN" with his "SPONSORS" in other to pay the bills and other stuff. It is a fun track, but the lyrics score higher than the actual music in my opinion.

*KOURI DEYE: Unusual intro which makes it FRESH AS IN GOOD. That KOURI DEYE intro rocks. A great vocal performance by Stanley Georges on this one, in my opinion, his best on the cd. That rock guitar in the song is exceptional. This track is a breath of fresh air on the cd because it is different in terms of style than all the others on the cd. One of my favorites...if not my favorite on the cd. Mizik sa "VOYE'M NAN SKY". Awesome keyboard synth in there...but they made it too short.

*PA GAD SOU MWEN: Solid track "Interessante mwen kap kale'm" (LOL) It has live potential with a nice message in there about NOT following all the bad/negative things that the singer (Singing in character) is doing. Don't follow me if I am a bad influence type of thing.

*HAITI: The racine/Vodou ceremony type intro? THIS IS A PURE MAYI MOULIN COMPAS DIRECT TRACK that caught my attention the minute that I heard it. It's another one of the tracks that stood out from the rest because it's different than what's on the rest of the cd. This song alone is also a great strategic move in terms of the style when it comes to radio stations who prefer the hardcore stuff. Will be a favorite of the compas direct purists.

*VAKABON REPANTI: Player reformed...the reverse of Vagabond 4 life in terms of message. This track reminds you of Davidoff KONPA KREYOL stylee. Song should have had more impact when it was originally released as a single months ago. Maybe the cd will revive it.

*MANMAN: Nice hommage of a song for mothers. It was released months ago as a double single by the band.

*NOU KREZI: "Malgre sa yo fe nou subi" WHO? Who is it that made KREZI "Subi" this and that but...THEMSELVES? It's another one of those "US AGAINST THE WORLD" types of songs that bands like to throw on cds when their list of song subjects has been exhausted. I thought "ZAFE YO" addressed the same type/style of message already. This was not needed. Having said that, the track is solid.

**HIT FACTOR RADAR SONGS: To me, the songs PRES DE TOI, TANPRI SOUPLE, and HAITI are MY leading candidates in terms of what MIGHT hit the public on the cd in terms of HIT FACTOR.

*It is a very good cd that I enjoyed listening to very much. Davidoff, Donald (Guitars), and Stanley Georges (Vocals) scored big on the cd. I did not want to skip any of the tracks upon our first few listens.

*Davidoff should try and keep stanley Georges very very close because he brings a different flavor to the group...which matches well with David's music. He also writes/composes which is a huge bonus.

*This cd is a MAJOR step to putting KREZI on the HMI map...AGAIN, and this time, hopefully to stay for good without any drama/issues.

*JAMES C and STANLEY duo complement each other very well. I like this 2 singers format for KREZI as Davidoff coordinates it well on the cd.

KM!

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

de la bonne marchandise
thanks Pat for the review
my faves on the track is PA GAD SOU MWEN
sim te bien ak maestro wa mwen ta dil mizik sponso is the best candidate for a hit video
good luck you guys
Cool
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: KREZI "ZAFE YO": OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD RE Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

*Davidoff should try and keep stanley Georges very very close because he brings a different flavor to the group...which matches well with David's music. He also writes/composes which is a huge bonus.

KM!

I'm with you there 100%, Stanley Georges is a gifted artist who is a great asset to the band. I've had my eye on him since his work on the album, I believe the name of the song was "Kool".

WITH THE REVIEW, I love the cd.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krezi definitely has a good cd.
I am waiting to have some craziness soon It was to happen this past Sunday, but ou Kon Boston. Pwomote ap tire pie, lobey net
Good luck Krezi, bon bagay

zipgenel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YOU SEE KM..
I LIKE THE FACT THAT THIS REVIEW CAME A LITTLE BIT OVER 2 WEEKS AFTER THE CD CAME OUT.. Laughing

ANYWAY.. GREAT REVIEW..

cd an bel a mort...

but I don't see one song.. I MEAN ONE SONG.. that can carry it...

and please.. before anyone jumps at my throat.. understand what am trying to say.. Cool

Arly-Vice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

noukrezi is one of the best band in the hmi jou jazz sa derape lobey ap pete

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tks for the review Pat well done
Love the cd and all the songs
My favs are pres de toi, kouri deye,
And vagabon repanti
This cd has enough to put them back on the map
That's for sure
And the rest will come with great promotion

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Arly-Vice wrote:

they can't deny talents for too long....krezi will prevail...djazz la ap jwenn jistis li soon Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

princess fia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Arly-Vice wrote:

epa nou pa woue'w nan lot post lan Laughing Laughing wap fe le marronage Laughing Laughing just kidding Question by the way bel review KM/Pat and im a crazy loca coucou fan of NouKrezi Exclamation Davidoff Keybordist et maestro serieux Very Happy

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

princess fia wrote:
Arly-Vice wrote:

epa nou pa woue'w nan lot post lan Laughing Laughing wap fe le marronage Laughing Laughing just kidding Question by the way bel review KM/Pat and im a crazy loca coucou fan of NouKrezi Exclamation Davidoff Keybordist et maestro serieux Very Happy

wap pale francais la ou do pako menm achte cd djazz la Razz
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: