Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - DJS CAN BE A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR PROMOTERS/BANDS SAYS.........
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DJS CAN BE A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR PROMOTERS/BANDS SAYS.........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: DJS CAN BE A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR PROMOTERS/BANDS SAYS......... Reply with quote Back to top

DJS CAN BE A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR PROMOTERS/BANDS SAYS retired HMI promoter VANEL.

VANEL: "Wap fe yon bal ak on jaz...epi DJ an vini LI METE yon FREE bal EN FACE OU...in the process messes up the bal for the promoter and the band."

KM!

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ pa travay pou charite non Vanel...Free wap pale la se "Ladies free before..." etc. an effective business strategy thats been goin on for years and one I have coined FTB Approach: Follow the Booty Laughing Laughing Laughing

Which pretty much works like this (unless you live in Orlando apparently Laughing )

"where there is booty, the men n $$$ will follow"

lew wap charge $30- $40 (at the door) pou yon bal and the lineup is not that attractive or one ki sot passe 3 months ago...a $15 DJ party sounds liek a better offer.

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bal promoters in the HMI really need to get checked.

Over priced events.....they play around with the price so much that $25.00 in advanced becomes $50.00 at the door...

When they pre sell tickets.......the capacity of the place is 500.....they only print 150 tickets.....then make believe tickets sold out.....before you know it at the door these promoters become sudden rich men.

They don't care about bal goers....

I made a decision not to support bal because of these issues....

DJ nights will always hurt bal promoters....and mwen kontan anpil ke sa ap fet......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SASSONLUVDEBOSTON

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
DJ pa travay pou charite non Vanel...Free wap pale la se "Ladies free before..." etc. an effective business strategy thats been goin on for years and one I have coined FTB Approach: Follow the Booty Laughing Laughing Laughing

Which pretty much works like this (unless you live in Orlando apparently Laughing )

"where there is booty, the men n $$$ will follow"

lew wap charge $30- $40 (at the door) pou yon bal and the lineup is not that attractive or one ki sot passe 3 months ago...a $15 DJ party sounds liek a better offer.
Mwen dako 100% avek analogi ou yo, yon bann vié djazz ki pa kanpé sou anyen , yap jwe 30-40 dola . Dj 10-15 dola épi chajé fanm.

djbobbyjam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HEE...HEE...HEE...HEE!!!!!!

FINALLY SOME PEOPLE GETS IT!!!!!

owen1055

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This promoter just does not undertands the concept of the free market system. It is about competition and providing great products on the part of suppliers. The consumers will do whatever is best for them. It bals cannot compete with DJ events, maybe promoters should start thinking about what's wrong with the system. Just from the top of my head I can tell him a few things

1. 30-40 dollars for the same show i just witnessed two weeks ago

2. DJ events are sometimes more and way cheaper. without the 1 hr set up.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

owen1055 wrote:
This promoter just does not undertands the concept of the free market system. It is about competition and providing great products on the part of suppliers. The consumers will do whatever is best for them. It bals cannot compete with DJ events, maybe promoters should start thinking about what's wrong with the system. Just from the top of my head I can tell him a few things

1. 30-40 dollars for the same show i just witnessed two weeks ago

2. DJ events are sometimes more and way cheaper. without the 1 hr set up.

Not to be harsh BUT if he had a clue and was business savvy maybe he wouldn't be an EX-PROMOTER or retired. Cool (I'm just sayin')

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: