KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WANITO/KARIZMA SOBS NYC SNAPSHOTS & REVIEW! (FEB 2012)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: WANITO/KARIZMA SOBS NYC SNAPSHOTS & REVIEW! (FEB 2012) Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I had the opportunity to check out WANITO and KARIZMA in the 212, and I can tell you that I did not regret it one bit.

WANITO I had to see with my own eyes what all the buzz down in Haiti had been about for this guy. I had to confirm with my own ears if this guy was all that they made him out to be in the motherland. I GOT A RESOUNDING "YES" and more. PEOPLE...WANITO IS THE SH*T.

I was thoroughly impressed with the way that he took command of the stage and crowd as soon as he got on. His interaction with the public was on point, and they also seemed to know the songs he was singing based on the sick crowd reaction. If he got that response from the people that were there (Making it seem as if they were his backup vocalists (Guys and girls), think how even better it would sound in front of a bigger audience. (Hint Jaz Enterprise..La Nuit Des Jeunes). This guy DESERVES to blow up here in the States, and I can certainly see why "AYITI DAKOR". (Li fini res set li a ak yon guita string ki kasse...)

His songs are catchy, and I was actually hearing most of them for the very first time, and I still remember them solely based on THAT LIVE PERFORMANCE. If any of you get the opportunity to catch this guy LIVE, I guarantee you that you won't regret it. AYITI DAKOR....ETAT UNIS "Pral Dakor"...KOMPA MAGAZINE DEJA DAKOR ak yon D MAJUSCUL!

ANMWEYYYYYYY
ANMWEYYYYYYY
ANMWEYYYYYYY
ANMWEYYYYYYY
ANMWEYYYYYYY

KARIZMA I had not gotten the chance to catch KARIZMA in a long time. They caught my attention on a positive note the last time I saw them, but this time, I RECEIVED CONFIRMATION that they've been putting in some work in the LIVE department.

This young group sounds like a veteran crew, and they are getting tighter and tighter in the Live department, and it is not a stretch at all if one goes out of his way to predict a bright future for this band. Vocalist Emery has improved tremendously as a front man in terms of having the crowd's attention and command of the mic. The last time I saw them, understandably, he looked a bit nervous, but all of that is gone now.

Like I said in my last review of their Live performance, if there is a guy who personifies the name of the band KARIZMA for "CHARISMA" well, it is none other than guitar player JR. This guy is sick on the guitar, he has the SWAG on top of that in terms of the way that he conducts himself on the stage, and he comes off as a great actor/entertainer also because when you speak to him off the stage, he is not one bit like the guy you see on that stage. 2 NEG DIFERAN. Sanble se lwa ki pran'l leu li on stage. He leaves you looking forward to his solos because you just know that he is going to do something sick, funny or both. Keep it up bro.

One man who has stepped up more in the spotlight department is the musical brain of the group ROODY DELPE. He has an excellent command of his troops musically speaking, and he also has a good live voice on top of that, with the animation to back it up, to help lend support to Emery NAN BAN DEVAN AN. He does seem to sing more than a regular keyboardist should, but maybe KARIZMA is following in NU LOOK's footsteps, with him stepping up as a co-lead singer next to Emery. Nevertheless, this guy is an extremely talented individual.

The band in general was very impressive with some of their interpretations, including Kreyol La's "CHERI'M GERI", which ROODY says they are the only band who perform that song as well or close to the original authors. The BASS PLAYER and the GONG PLAYER also really impressed me last night with their JEU D'ENSEMBLE. The band is on its way to a very bright future in my estimation.

The skits that I liked the most was their "JAZZ SA GIN YON JAN/MODE"...kinda a COOL SWAG as they go into that pose in front of the stage. There was also that HEAVY METAL ROCK skit where MARVIN (Drummer) and JR were going bananas on. That was ill. KARIZMA GIN BAGAY NAN MIN YO POU YO CONTINUE NAN BON CHEMIN NAN HMI SA...until they reach where they are trying to reach on the HMI ladder. I ENJOYED THE SET VERY MUCH.

Here are a couple of snapshots below!

Laughing

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review Pat.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can see Wanito live.

BTW, is tht Garry Didier Perez Question ..an noul alez Laughing

bellou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, mwen byen kontan ou dekouvri kiyes ki Wanito a.

About two weeks ago, I sent you a review of the album to post on the board, but you didn't do it. Plus, I never got a response from you.

As a media personality, I suggest you listen to the album and come back to let us know what you think of it. (Your opinion matters a lot)

I must say I was very disappointed of you for not posting the review.

"Biyografi Mwen" is the best album out there. Pa gen manti nan sa!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello BELLOU

You as a KM member are free to post a review on the board just like you did for the Wanito cd.

PS: This post is NOT about the CD...but about THE SHOW THAT I ATTENDED last night.

THANK YOU.

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

KM!

bellou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Hello BELLOU

You as a KM member are free to post a review on the board just like you did for the Wanito cd.

PS: This post is NOT about the CD...but about THE SHOW THAT I ATTENDED last night.

THANK YOU.

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

KM!

I understand you, Pat. I'm not mad at you or anything. I just think it would have been appropriate for you to reply to me instead of ignoring me. That's all.
Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

I sincerely encourage you to listen to the CD though. lol

emicheljunior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review and Pics!!!
Good luck to both Karizma and Wanito!!!
Yo banm paren deja....LOL

Deutch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The guy is real good I love his CD great stuff real life stories great thinking, if you don't have a copy yet please buy one I didn't say go make a copy, I said go buy one at the CD shop near you...

*** LOBE'Y LA PRAN LARI ***

*** MWEN KANPE AN DIFISIL SOU GRIMEL YO***

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RICKY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a good time. Good music and vibe.. Looking forward to this again

Both acts performed well.

kelly2k08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

all i can say Karizma and Wanito impressed me big time.
Shocked to see how the public knows every words of wanito songs.
concerning Karizama mwen abo mwen minm

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Karenay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Biyografi Mwen" is on point; I have been enjoying that album for the last month or so. For those who care about content etc. like some claim to be on this board, these type of artists have to be supported, they are rare gems indeed in the HMI. I am glad he is able to deliver live as well. Hopefully, I can catch a performance the next time he is in Florida.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: