Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - LAPORTE SAYS HE WAS FIRED FROM DISIP IN SHOCKING PUBLIC NOTE
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

LAPORTE SAYS HE WAS FIRED FROM DISIP IN SHOCKING PUBLIC NOTE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: LAPORTE SAYS HE WAS FIRED FROM DISIP IN SHOCKING PUBLIC NOTE Reply with quote Back to top

LAPORTE: After nearly 2 years of working with Disip, the relationship has come to a subtle end. Since there are lots of rumors and speculation about why and how this happened, I feel compelled to address the fans, media, and general public with the truth. I hope after you read this letter that the situation is clearer.

Time after time I have had meetings with Disip management staff to express my displeasure with the lack of transparency when it came to the band's finances. The "Mission" album--studio and live--was sold and I have yet to receive full compensation for my contributions to it. Gigs were
being booked without letting me know how much the gigs were for. As a co-owner & founder of Disip, I felt that the least Gazzman Couleur and Patrick Fabre owed me was clear information about how the money was being managed. After all, I produced many songs on "Mission" and I
was the maestro directing the live performances. During the last meeting I had with them for this issue, I stated to them that if I could not get paid my proper dues and/or be privy to the band's finances, then I should get paid a salary instead of a percentage. With no resolution, we
scheduled another meeting to resolve the matter.

Many have been led to believe that I left the band as a result of this unhappiness. Based on my history, this theory was easy to sell to the public in a press release by Disip that falsely announced my "departure." However, that was not the case at all. I did not leave Disip. On Friday, November 18th, I learned that my services would no longer be needed in Disip. The news caught me off guard following a visit by manager Patrick Fabre who handed a “letter of termination” over to me. I was always under the impression that I was a co-owner of Disip. It then became apparent to me, however, that I was only being led on by Gazzman and Patrick Fabre, walking behind the two while they blocked me from seeing what was ahead. It was never a side-by-side partnership with equal insights like I thought.

God gave me a talent to play the guitar. I am very passionate about this talent and refuse to allow others to exploit me with it. If I provide my talents on the guitar as a service, then I should get paid accordingly. Although I am no longer a part of Disip, I still expect the financial matters to be resolved fairly. Otherwise I will have no choice but to take this to court.

Moving forward, I wish Disip the very best with all of my heart. While I am disappointed that we separated without accomplishing all of the goals we had in sight, I am pleased to have been a part of all the success attained over the past year and a half. Please note that I have no plans on
joining any existing band or forming a new band with anyone at this time. However, my future will always include music as it is my #1 passion. Trust I will be back on the scene in due time with your support.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
Sincerely,
Gabriel Laporte

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mezanmi nou wè ke'l toujou bon pou'n tande tou 2 son kloch yo avan nou kouri akize.

Fok nou pa kondane san jije, koman pou yon moun gen biznis li epi yon manajè ap prive’w de aktivite financye pwop zafew monchè.

Gazzman di ke'l konveti epi pou'l met tet li ansanm avek Patrick fabre pou yo abize yon lot.....Neg yo pwofite de repitasyon instab Laporte pou yo tou avili misye piblikman, pou fe'l paret lèd devan zye tou moun.

Nou pran pwojè solo neg la nou fè album mission epi nou pa vle peye neg la ekitableman, sa pa bon mezanmi fè bagay pou nou gen rezon nou. Nou te kon akize Arly de sesi sela epi nou pi mal, Sispan'n fè abi…. menm title press release neg yo insiltan Gabriel laporte takes an exit what the hell was that about.

Last edited by MenkiJan on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

kelly2k08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GWO KOZE. GWO PAWOL KI DI LA A.

SO WHO IS LYING AND WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH

MWEN KONTAN MWEN PA MISISYEN PAPA PASKE NAN TRAVAY MWEN GEN LWA AND BOSS MWEN OBLIJE TRETEM FAIRLY WITH NO QUESTION ASK

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
owen1055

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After reading his statement, I am totally confuse about this situation. If everything he has said is true, which I really doubt, then he has the right to be mad and reacted the way he did. When it comes to La Puerta, it is hard to believe him bc of his track record. We all know that he is a fantastic guitar player but his like diva like attitude sometimes overshadow his skills..

dalida

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. I'm really confused.
Two totally different versions.

I wish both parties luck.

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh mwen panse se lucifer yo bay pou Arly a wi ki te konn fe moun abi selman. Gazzman di li fe 9 an anba gouyad dyab la, Laporte di menm 2 zan li paka fe anba dyab sa li menm...

Tipe-a

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yo akize Laporte de toute bagay.Bann fanatik gazmann yo ,toujou ap di gazz la se youn kool guy,bon moun,li pran poze frere levanjil li pou explwate moun,se youn moun konsa gazmann ye,se tete li selman li we.
Sa fe lapinn anyway good luck Laporte.
Kounie-a na we kiyes ki gazmann nan ye.Oportinis,explwater et blasfemer,avan anyin se kretyin mwen ye.
Car Dieu a tant aimé NULOOK qu'il a donné son Fils ARLY, afin que quiconque croit en lui ne périsse point, mais qu'il ait la vie éternelle. Jean3:16

Gazzman Pleura. Jean11:35

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

si nou dwe neg la kale'l lajan'l

joukaprezan Laporte pa joure pensone, way to go Wink

ZENGLEN PI RED

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck Laporte.

Monche mwen se yon neg ki kon TOUT goove misye.

It's pretty bad. Laughing

The guy is just good.

Antouka, good luck.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got nothing but love for Lapuerta! The man is just the best at what he does and I'm gonna miss him in Disip.

Good luck Lapuerta!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: