KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

President Martelly met Former Head of States
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neg2byen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: President Martelly met Former Head of States Reply with quote Back to top

As he promised he would do during his campaign, President Martelly reached out to ex-president Avril, Aristide and Duvalier. I guess next will be Preval and Manigat.
This can be viewed differently, depends how you look at it. I have a mixed feelings about it. While I think that move might reunite the country and have everyone forget about the past and move forward for the common good of the country, a big part of me wants these guys especially Aristide and Duvalier treated as criminals for all the crimes they have committed. The negative message this might send is that one can do all types of wrong in this country at the end of the day you will not get punished for your crimes.
Either way, I must command President Martelly for a bold move. We shall see if this move brings anything positive for the country!!!

lakay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lakay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lakay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cuttableman21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This move is more of a let's bury the hatchet and let's start over instead of letting future criminals go unpunished.There are lots of resentment among some former presidents which can cause political stir at anytime in the country.With that move,I am being optimistic that they might create progressive coalition for the betterment of the country.We all know the animosity that Aristide had towards Avril and Duvalier, now I think the next move should be to invite some of the former presidents over a private dinner.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just because he is meeting them doesn't mean their crimes will go unpunished... does it?

I think it is a great move because martelly cannot focus on bringing themto trial right now... especially aristide.

It will be too much for the country to handle and he won't be able to accomplish anything else.

But eventually I think these criminals should pay.

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Just because he is meeting them doesn't mean their crimes will go unpunished... does it?

I think it is a great move because martelly cannot focus on bringing themto trial right now... especially aristide.

It will be too much for the country to handle and he won't be able to accomplish anything else.

HMMM....I see things differently...to me this is a Scratch-my-Back-I'll_scratch - yours ploy by Martelly.

If Aristide and Duvalier can get their croonies to fall in line and help push his agenda..he'll make sure they don't spend a day in a Haitian prison.

Seems unfair and unjust, I Know...but se politik kap pale la...someitmes you gotta make a deal with the devil to get things done.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see your point.

That would be a high price to pay to see Haiti move forward.

Without minimizing the cruelties that the victims of those regimes had to go through, I would be willing to pay it.

Rj production

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
SIROMYEL wrote:

HMMM....I see things differently...to me this is a Scratch-my-Back-I'll_scratch - yours ploy by Martelly.

If Aristide and Duvalier can get their croonies to fall in line and help push his agenda..he'll make sure they don't spend a day in a Haitian prison.

Seems unfair and unjust, I Know...but se politik kap pale la...someitmes you gotta make a deal with the devil to get things done.

look at Martelly government member and you would have a better understanding of things se ban'm pou'm ba'w wi

did you know ti Nicholas is an Martelly adviser

cuttableman21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

King Kino fenk komanse tire pye.Kounye a misye dwe pa konnen kote pou'l chita la,le'l tande Prezidan nomal la,sot fe rankont ak prezidan(Aristide) li te deye pran daso sou li an lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: