KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Haiti Gen Premye Minis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neg2byen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Haiti Gen Premye Minis Reply with quote Back to top

Gary Conille was ratified to be the next Prime Minister receiving 17 yes, 3 nays and 9 abstentions.

A big win for the country. Now lets get the ball rolling. Haiti devan!!!

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Haiti Gen Premye Minis Reply with quote Back to top

Neg2byen wrote:
Gary Conille was ratified to be the next Prime Minister receiving 17 yes, 3 nays and 9 abstentions.

please tell me you mean big win for Clinton

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any background info on this guy?

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Any background info on this guy?

Conille, 45, could meet opposition as he goes before parliament for approval.

Lawmakers are almost certain to raise questions over his eligibility because he has not lived in Haiti for five consecutive years, a constitutional requirement for the post. The Martelly administration will likely argue that he is exempt from the residency requirement because he has been working for the United Nations.

Conille is a seasoned development worker. With a master’s degree from the University of North Carolina and a doctorate from the State University of Haiti, he began his career with the U.N. in 1999 and served in Ethiopia and, until June, in Niger.

After last year’s earthquake, Conille worked as chief of staff for Clinton in his position as U.N. special envoy. The former U.S. leader also is co-chairman of the Interim Haiti Recovery Commission, which is in charge of coordinating earthquake reconstruction efforts.

If approved as prime minister, Conille would assume responsibilities as the other co-chairman on the reconstruction panel, which has drawn heavy criticism for making little visible progress since the January 2010 disaster.

Conille could not be immediately reached for comment Wednesday night.

this is what i could get for now Syro will try to more for you later

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find it strange that someone would have a master's degree from another country and come back to HAITI to do a doctorate.

But hey...

Good luck to him and Martelly's hole administration.

I'm glad they finally have someone ratified, now let's get to work.

Rj production

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there is more Syro

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (defend.ht) – The Senator of the Ouest, Steven Benoit, heard allegations that Deputies of the Parliament had accepted $27,000 each to vote in favor of the Prime Minister-designate, Dr. Garry Conille, and is the reason behind the nearly unanimous vote in the lower house. Benoit suspects the possibility of scandal in the president's National Fund for Education and has likened it to corruption.

In a radio interview on Vision 2000 radio, the Chairman of the Senate Ethics & Anti-Corruption Committee, Senator Benoit, shared information that the amount of $27,000 per deputy are to be budgeted to fund the education of 300 children in each deputy’s commune. For senators, the means to educate 1,000 children would be given or $90,000.

Steven Benoit, much to his dismay, admitted to having no information regarding the National Fund for Education. Benoit says no one knows who is handling the money, how much has been raised or how it is being distributed.

On Vision 2000, Senator Benoit spoke directly to all the parliamentarians who would have accepted such monies, requiring them to maintain a list of:

- names of the students the parliamentarian's office is funding
- the school that the students will be attending
- and exactly what classes the students will be sitting in.

Furthermore, Senator Benoit feels the taxes being levied on international calls and international money transfers is illegal. Benoit says there are only two institutions legally allowed to recover taxes and that is the Directorate General of Taxes (DGI) and the nation's customs agency, AGD.

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's only ONE thing I need to know about this unknown: That he was APPROVED BY the parliament.

Tout moun konnen parliament members yo se yon kolann grangou opportunists ke yo ye, so, DO THE MATH.

If one is telling me that this guy is a straight arrow, then you're also telling me that the Parliament members have EACH changed their ethical and moral values OVERNIGHT.

Yo tout met al grate santi

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Haiti Gen Premye Minis Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
Neg2byen wrote:

The RISE OF THE UNION, part I

Part II coming soon. Micky' people dont like the guy and guy works for the Union. I suspect Cornille could end up being the greatest PM of all times!!!!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CAP - PORT MARGOT wrote:
There's only ONE thing I need to know about this unknown: That he was APPROVED BY the parliament.

Tout moun konnen parliament members yo se yon kolann grangou opportunists ke yo ye, so, DO THE MATH.

If one is telling me that this guy is a straight arrow, then you're also telling me that the Parliament members have EACH changed their ethical and moral values OVERNIGHT.

Yo tout met al grate santi

I agree but it was not them it was the gun their back. The gun is being held by the Mighty Union and for me the Union is who I trust!!!!

Pas vinn pale de poltician ayisien kaka chat!!!!

Rj production

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Haiti Gen Premye Minis Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:
Neg2byen wrote:

The RISE OF THE UNION, part I

Part II coming soon. Micky' people dont like the guy and guy works for the Union. I suspect Cornille could end up being the greatest PM of all times!!!!

welcome back Hhood i guess the job in haiti didn't work out well Laughing Laughing

but i do agree with you this is the begining of more things to come

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: