KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Help- Baptism Certificate

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fancy01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Help- Baptism Certificate Reply with quote Back to top

Good Afternoon Kmers!!!

I need some serious help. I'm getting next year (June) and since I'm catholic the church is requesting a copy of my baptism certificate but my mom & I cannot find it for nothing in our archives and since I was born in Haiti, the problem is: my church was destroyed during the earthquake and I definitely can't get in touch with no one and I'm pretty sure all records are destroyed (assuming). Has anyone been in a situation like that or know someone who's been? If so, please help.

Thanks

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My brother was going to get married in a catholic church and for that very reason decided to have a pastor preside over it.

He knew there was no way to get his hands on both of their baptism certificates now.

The catholic churhc is strict about those things. It's ridiculous if you ask me, especially now after the earthquake.

Only thing you can do is to try to get the certificate re-issued.

Good luck with that.

Fancy01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Siro. I spoke to my mom and she said she's going to speak to a friend in Haiti and see if the person can try to see what our options are then after that...I'm not sure what my next step is. I will be speaking to the church and see what they say if it's impossible.

Mizik_Lakay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

En face contribityon an, neg ou we ki chita ak ti type writer yo, ap ba'w sa sou 2 chez.

That's if you want to go that route. if not you can go to the church and see if the can help.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: