Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - HARMONIK: THE MYSTERY BEHIND SOPHOMORE JINX BATTLE!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HARMONIK: THE MYSTERY BEHIND SOPHOMORE JINX BATTLE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: HARMONIK: THE MYSTERY BEHIND SOPHOMORE JINX BATTLE! Reply with quote Back to top

In KOMPA MAGAZINE's view (As seen by our cd review), we strongly believe that their second cd is better than their first. This second cd is one that in our opinion was set to take them to the next level in their HMI progression. I am also positive that we weren't the only ones with that prediction. Having said that, as you all know, NOT all predictions are bound to become reality; and as of right now, such is the case for HARMONIK.

Contrary to what people have said, they have done promotion for the cd; even though the biggest one of all (Music Video), wasn't taken care of because of an issue they had with the original final result for their "Let's Go" video...it was NOT released when it should have. People that we have spoken to in the HMI (Musicians included) have told us that the cd is a very good cd; but yet...there seems to be "something" stopping the cd from making the impact that it is supposed to be making. WHAT IS IT...MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW!

HARMONIK die hards (Some) will "try" to pin it on some people on the internet, bashing the group's product in order to protect their favorite bands' interest; and to that I would say NON-SENSE because if a product is good..LAP PASSE KAN MINM regardless on what is being said on the internet by certain fans. Others will say that their debut cd surpassed what was expected of them by many people, therefore maybe the level of expectations was raised a bit TOO HIGH by many fans, especially after the group did what NOT too many bands do on their debut cds; and that's deliver a mega hit song like "OBSEDE", and that was backed up by "JERE'M". We're not sure if that theory is the correct one to go by.

I have not seen a popular group that scored a huge hit on their debut cd face such a SOPHOMORE FIRESTORM (On their second cd) in the same way that things are being thrown at HARMONIK. I can't recall CARIMI getting HEAT like that, and the same can be said for KREYOL LA and NU LOOK in terms of facing HEAT like that on their second cds, especially after scoring on their first cds. From musicians and HMI personalities (Radio announcers in Haiti), it all seems to be unanimous that HARMONIK has a major battle on their hands with this one. The end result of this battle will depend on the several moves that the group has to make strategically in the next few months...those moves by HARMONIK will determine if they can turn the tidal wave currently surrounding this wonderful musical piece of work, and turn it around to give the cd what we think it deserves in terms of a final verdict.

JWET NAN MIN HARMONIK.....GOOD LUCK!

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Let's Go" isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. I'm feeling songs such as Pa Mode, Fe Sa Yo Vle (my favorite), Si Mte, and Yon Sel Bondye. For some reason, Angeliquie is starting to grow on me. Like I said a couple of weeks ago, the band just has to stay focused on the task at hand and fix a couple of things live and everything else will fall into place for them.

Nou ka jere ti sa HMK.

yef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat,

I don't think Harmonik has an album problem. I think instead they have a "Barrier" problem. And they did not promote this album the way they should have!

To illustrate my point, most people criticizing Harmonik today used to bash the first album too. It wasn't until Let's Go was released that they start calling Obsede a Mega Hit. My question is why couldn't they admit that before? Why now??? Back then they used to focus on the lack of Uptempo songs from the album. Harmonik took their advice and delivered some kickass uptempo tracks on the second album.

Most people refuse to recognize Harmonik for what they are worth. That is the problem. Harmonik had a better year than most established bands. And that will not sit well with most fans from other bands.

At this point, Harmonik's ultimate goal should be to continue attracting fans to their live shows. They can do so by:

1- Re-establish their online presence. This is crucial. Some candid videos of the band hanging out can do the trick nicely.

2- Deliver Kick-ass performances at bals/concerts. I'm confident they got this area downpack!!

3 - Release an official video. BUT NOT NOW!!! A video should give you exposure. Right now the market is too crowded. I would say an ideal date is around Mid October.

3- Learn from bands like Carimi and Djakout. Carimi's album entitled, "Se la'm prale" was not accepted at all in the beggining. I use to come on this board to defend this album. Well guess what: "Se La'm Prale" was one of the biggest hit at parties. So how did Carimi do it? Well Carimi kept their cool and killed this song live.

Djakout did the same thing with Lwe Christ la album.

Bottom line is that: Harmonik got too many songs they can leverage on this album. Now they need to sit down and figure out which one they are gonna push and how they will do it! Harmonik needs to plan their strategy from now until May of next year.

-Fabrice Rouzier

Last edited by yef on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mezanmi... SUSPANN BAY TET NOU MANTI!!!

SE KOM SI YON NEG K'AP GADE YON BEL FANM KE LI KONNEN K'AP PASE EPI LI DI" KYET!!! KOUMAN YON FANM KONSA PA KA GEN YON JWEN YON NEG KI RET AVE'L, NEG TOUJOU AP KITE'L?"...

VERITE AN C'EST QUE FANM NAN BEL SE VRE.. MEN LI PA BON!!! Cool

SE MENM TENYEN AN POU CD AMONIK LA!!!

M'PAP DI PLUS POU YO PA DI'M TARGET MOUN Laughing

yef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:

SE KOM SI YON NEG K'AP GADE YON BEL FANM KE LI KONNEN K'AP PASE EPI LI DI" KYET!!! KOUMAN YON FANM KONSA PA KA GEN YON JWEN YON NEG KI RET AVE'L, NEG TOUJOU AP KITE'L?"...

Zip, depi fanm nan pa gen "Nu LooK" nan non li, li pap janm bon!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Nou konn sa deja!

-Fabrice Rouzier

belfam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

one thing i know Harmonik done
lost their internet friendly side
they r become a bit arrogant and
ego is becoming an issue over the net Rolling Eyes
they need to regroup asap Wink

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yef wrote:
zipgenel wrote:

Zip, depi fanm nan pa gen "Nu LooK" nan non li, li pap janm bon!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Nou konn sa deja!

Bon..
Epi yo di ke se mwen k'ap foure Nu look nan tout post.. Laughing

Nou pap vire post la.. Cool

Sa'm di an ou konprann li..
Am just trying to save you some precious time with those "pronostik" Laughing

TiScooby1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a Harmonik fan, but i think it's a nice album, at first mwen pat konpran album lan, i had to keep on listening to it, and it sure grew on me, album lan gen on ti R&B flava, it's different, and i think it will make its way through!
Ti Scooby #1 ap pwofite

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TiScooby1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mezanmi bay Zip on ti break pou mwen.....he's entitle to his own opinion.
Ti Scooby #1 ap pwofite

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I personally love that Cd
i thougt songs like Angelique, i heart you, pa mode would be instant hit..
I think most people see Harmonik as a product that the investors are trying to force down their throat, and they reject it
maybe that's why tonton noel took a back seat, most fans see him as a bully, or they see the band as parachutted on the Hmi scene without paying their dues,
In this business most of the time pure music is not the priority
ampil group soufri de sa...
mes 2 centimes

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: