KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MISS UNIVERSE 2011 (2 Haitian Contestants)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
NOU MENM N'AP GOUMEN POU NEGRESSE AK GRIMELLE..
MWEN MENM SE PA PWOBLEM MWEN SA..
WHY ALL THOSE MISS UNINVERSE HAVE TO BE MAIGRE LIKE MOSKITOS? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
THAT'S NOT MISS UNIVERSE? KOUNYE AN TOUT TI MEDAM AYISYÈN YO LAGE KÒ YO NAN PA MANJE, REMONTÉ MANJE POU YO KA MENM GWOSÈ AK YON BWA BALÉ Rolling Eyes ..
SE YON KESYON DE DEUX TI BWA PYÉ SÈCH.. YON TI BOUDA KASAV, YON REIN SELSO.. AP MACHÉ TOU TÒDÉ TANKOU TI RAVÈT ABERCROMBIE YO.. Rolling Eyes
MEN MEZANMI NAN KI SALMANAZA'M TONBE LA... Cool
PEOPLE.. WORRY NOT ABOUT THE COLOR.. BUT LET'S MAKE SURE THAT WE FEED OUR WOMEN... SO THEY CAN STAY "PRESSE".. BORDER LINE LANE BRYANT!! Cool
CAN A BROTHER SAY AMEN!! Cool

borderline Lane Bryant! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
zipgenel wrote:
NOU MENM N'AP GOUMEN POU NEGRESSE AK GRIMELLE..
MWEN MENM SE PA PWOBLEM MWEN SA..
WHY ALL THOSE MISS UNINVERSE HAVE TO BE MAIGRE LIKE MOSKITOS? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
THAT'S NOT MISS UNIVERSE? KOUNYE AN TOUT TI MEDAM AYISYÈN YO LAGE KÒ YO NAN PA MANJE, REMONTÉ MANJE POU YO KA MENM GWOSÈ AK YON BWA BALÉ Rolling Eyes ..
SE YON KESYON DE DEUX TI BWA PYÉ SÈCH.. YON TI BOUDA KASAV, YON REIN SELSO.. AP MACHÉ TOU TÒDÉ TANKOU TI RAVÈT ABERCROMBIE YO.. Rolling Eyes
MEN MEZANMI NAN KI SALMANAZA'M TONBE LA... Cool
PEOPLE.. WORRY NOT ABOUT THE COLOR.. BUT LET'S MAKE SURE THAT WE FEED OUR WOMEN... SO THEY CAN STAY "PRESSE".. BORDER LINE LANE BRYANT!! Cool
CAN A BROTHER SAY AMEN!! Cool

borderline Lane Bryant! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ti nè pa dakò Rolling Eyes

sanblé ke ti èm les fil de fer bokou.. WI ou NON? Cool

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
sanblé ke ti èm les fil de fer bokou.. WI ou NON? Cool [/color][/size]

o moi meme? pa de diskriminasyon che mwa non, mon frere Very Happy

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fanm bow icit yo gen kouray radote.....
men requirements yo...
I wonder konbyen lan medam kap fe dyol pwess yo konbyen ki tap kalifye...

2011 Pageant
On July 27, 2011 contestant Anedie Azael won the title and was chosen to represent Miss Haiti Universe at the Miss Universe 2011 Pageant. Marie Darline Exumé was runner-up with about 14 young ladies vying for the title in total.[7] Magali Febles and Nadia Pressage (of Pressage PR) organized and coordinated the 2011 pageant which took place in the Karibe Convention Center in Pétion-Ville, Haiti.[8]
[edit]Contestant Requirements
As of 2011, the requirements for the constents are as follows[9]:
A native of Haiti
Unmarried without children
Age 18 to 26 by the week of the pageant
Of a good moral character with no criminal background
Enrolled in or a graduate of an accreditied institution
Possess beauty of face and proportionate body
Able to compete in all areas of the Miss Universe competition
Able to secure a sponsor
Able to travel, possess or be eligible for a valid passport.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the requirement breakdown JayBK. Wink

I'm quite sure seeing the requirements will lead to another friendly discussion or as JayBK so eloquently put it a radote session Cool and I think it should, because no matter how legit things may seem on the surface Haiti has proved a place that rule breaking or bending sometimes is the norm and we have become skeptical and I think that's where all our concerns and gripes come from. JUST MY OPINION

princessj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
SIROMYEL wrote:
Well, we are talking probability.

Just the mere fact that they are a smaller portion of the population would suggest that they would be represented fewer times.

Unless of course there are other factors at play. Such as, if they tend to participate in such activities more than others, or because of financial reasons. It might cost more money to participate in these events than others can afford.But all things being equal, they would be represented fewer times.

I think you've answered it Siro; all things are not equal!

Say 90% of the country is black and lives hand-to-mouth and 10% ranges from fairly well-to-do to wealthy with a mix of black, white, Mulatto, etc. The first group is probably more concerned with finding their daily bread than it is with extracurricular activities like pageants. It stands to reason than that there would be a higher probability that the contestants would come from the 10% pool where a fairer skinned person is in the majority or at the very least overly represented when compared to the general population.

I had an entire lengthy speech all planned out in response to this thread, then I read your comment: I agree with everything you wrote and it makes complete sense. Maybe someone who wants to sponsor a dark skinned "authentic" Haitian female can go down to Haiti and put in some work to get an otherwise disadvantage beauty in the pageants, or at the very least work to help change how things or done...launch an investigation. But hating on those girls...oh yes I see plain ol hateration in some of these posts...because they happen to come from a more mixed genetic pool then most of the population is so very high school. If it hurts sorry, it's true...hope it don't blister. I'm proud each time a person who shares my heritage is seen on the international stage representing us in a positive manner; such as Dark-skinned Jason Derulo and Wyclef Jean, now imagine if the grimos and grimelles raised a fuss about why all our "crossover" musicians are darker? Just like someone pointed out you don't see curvy women like myself crying about our representation day in and out, well not the secure ones anyway. So let's just accept the fact that it seems the entire world enjoys their women thin, light, with long hair. Say we accept that theory, look around and see who most of your friends actually settle down with and marry. Get a bit of self-esteem, learn to apply make-up to better suit you, and it won't matter who's supposedly representing you as you're the best representation of Haiti in your community.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PRINCESSJ,

Al grate tande.

I know exactly where your comment is coming from and I will not entertain it.

I just want you to know that I do see anba zel kat ou.

And just to let you know,

The next time I have concerns about anything, I will always voice it because i have no fears of being called a hater.

I am very secure in myself.

dalida

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh oh, can we all get Along? in Rodney King Voice. Very Happy
sak gen laa

ti-manmi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know I am off topic but check out this years winner Leila lopes
she is so beautifull ,Congrats for her wining the Title Miss Universe

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't watch that kind of crap anymore..

Its like watching redbones/light skin chicks entertain us (like they are the ultimate most beautyful women in the world)

WTF---> WE all know its all abt MONEY and more MONEY now

Yes ti grimel ka'p represent Haiti .. Si yo te vle pran an MISS pou Haiti.. Yo ta'p pran an TRUE HAITIAN beauty

TIRED to see those BS..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: