KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MISS UNIVERSE 2011 (2 Haitian Contestants)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
hwat color got to do with it, i think the best candidate should qualify, dark skin or daphnee skin i mean light skin Very Happy
that competition is about brain, beauty, well manners, intellect...
it's the whole package folk
si se grimelle la ki te pi kalifye so be it, let's just support her 100%
haiti se yon pays ki chaje mulat natif natal ladanl
sa pa vle di keu yo moins ayisyen keu yon lot ki kouleu bouda chodye

Thank you Donc with your response!!

and map bat nou Bo isi a ak koze light skin/grimelle nou wi..it's karamel thank you :p

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ti-manmi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
ti-manmi wrote:
Correction

Haiti had a beautifull chocolate skin woman representing the country

Gerthie David, Miss Haiti 1975

Une beaute rare

Ps if one of you say that she is a grimmel than please explain to me what a grimmelle is Laughing

Thank you Laughing

Thanks Ti Manmi...I wonder if there was any talk then about representation of the country.

Tres bonne question ,Really good question Daphnee Exclamation

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
hwat color got to do with it, i think the best candidate should qualify, dark skin or daphnee skin i mean light skin Very Happy

You and DAF,

Have missed the point completely.

I'm not saying that she shouldn't qualify or was not the most qualified candidate.

I am just saying that in a country where 99 percent of the population is clearly of African descent, we must raise some Eyebrows when two years in a row the person representing the country in a beauty pageant is not.

How are they selecting these girls? is everyone given a fair chance to participate?

I mean I wish her the best of luck, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have my questions.

I'm not brain dead as far as I know so I'm allowed to point out the obvious here.

In terms of probability... this is next to impossibile

daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
DONCUE_69 wrote:

You and DAF,

Have missed the point completely.

I'm not saying that she shouldn't qualify or was not the most qualified candidate.

I am just saying that in a country where 99 percent of the population is clearly of African descent, we must raise some Eyebrows when two years in a row the person representing the country in a beauty pageant is not.

How are they selecting these girls? is everyone given a fair chance to participate?

I mean I wish her the best of luck, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have my questions.

I'm not brain dead as far as I know so I'm allowed to point out the obvious here.

In terms of probability... this is next to impossibile

I understand your point Siro and my question to you is whether the same questions would apply if it were reversed?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we are talking probability.

Just the mere fact that they are a smaller portion of the population would suggest that they would be represented fewer times.

Unless of course there are other factors at play. Such as, if they tend to participate in such activities more than others, or because of financial reasons. It might cost more money to participate in these events than others can afford.

But all things being equal, they would be represented fewer times.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Well, we are talking probability.

Just the mere fact that they are a smaller portion of the population would suggest that they would be represented fewer times.

Unless of course there are other factors at play. Such as, if they tend to participate in such activities more than others, or because of financial reasons. It might cost more money to participate in these events than others can afford.But all things being equal, they would be represented fewer times.

I think you've answered it Siro; all things are not equal!

Say 90% of the country is black and lives hand-to-mouth and 10% ranges from fairly well-to-do to wealthy with a mix of black, white, Mulatto, etc. The first group is probably more concerned with finding their daily bread than it is with extracurricular activities like pageants. It stands to reason than that there would be a higher probability that the contestants would come from the 10% pool where a fairer skinned person is in the majority or at the very least overly represented when compared to the general population.

ti-manmi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

check out the contestants this year and also the winner
great looking group of girls Exclamation

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150350233771241.394490.212577636240&type=1

ti-manmi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Miss ANADIE AZAEL

Aside from being a premier model in the industry and a student majoring in Business Management, Anedie has contributed to helping the children in her country, Haiti. Even before the devastating January 12, 2010 earthquake, Anedie and her mother helped impoverished kids in many ways, such as paying for their annual tuition, providing school supplies and moral support. In August 2010, Anedie founded her organization, Peace Love International, whose mission is to empower women and children. She is also the Head Coordinator for Word and Action organization whose focus is to protect sexually abused children. Their goal is to build a therapeutic center for children and women in Cap-Haitien, Haiti

http://anedie.com/anedie/about/

at 22 she actually created her own organization I guess it makes her a Beauty with Substance and Things to talk about during interviews !

I WISH HER ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD
Wink

Rj production

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
ti-manmi wrote:
Correction

Haiti had a beautifull chocolate skin woman representing the country

Gerthie David, Miss Haiti 1975

Une beaute rare

Ps if one of you say that she is a grimmel than please explain to me what a grimmelle is Laughing

Thank you Laughing

Thanks Ti Manmi...I wonder if there was any talk then about representation of the country.

RJ-I heard of last year and I don't agree with the process then at that time but what do you have to say of this year? And it's karamel now thank you :p :p

this year was more of the same bel grimel with the contest done in secrecy much like an invite only type a thing

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NOU MENM N'AP GOUMEN POU NEGRESSE AK GRIMELLE..

MWEN MENM SE PA PWOBLEM MWEN SA..

WHY ALL THOSE MISS UNINVERSE HAVE TO BE MAIGRE LIKE MOSKITOS? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

THAT'S NOT MISS UNIVERSE? KOUNYE AN TOUT TI MEDAM AYISYÈN YO LAGE KÒ YO NAN PA MANJE, REMONTÉ MANJE POU YO KA MENM GWOSÈ AK YON BWA BALÉ Rolling Eyes ..
SE YON KESYON DE DEUX TI BWA PYÉ SÈCH.. YON TI BOUDA KASAV, YON REIN SELSO.. AP MACHÉ TOU TÒDÉ TANKOU TI RAVÈT ABERCROMBIE YO.. Rolling Eyes

MEN MEZANMI NAN KI SALMANAZA'M TONBE LA... Cool

PEOPLE.. WORRY NOT ABOUT THE COLOR.. BUT LET'S MAKE SURE THAT WE FEED OUR WOMEN... SO THEY CAN STAY "PRESSE".. BORDER LINE LANE BRYANT!! Cool

CAN A BROTHER SAY AMEN!! Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: