KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MISS UNIVERSE 2011 (2 Haitian Contestants)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: MISS UNIVERSE 2011 (2 Haitian Contestants) Reply with quote Back to top

Miss Haiti 2011 Anedie Azael

Miss Bahamas 2011 Anastagia Pierre

American-born Haitian-Bahamian beauty queen, elected as Miss Bahamas 2011

daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Big up big up...thanks KC...I heard a rumor that Ms. Turks and Caicos may have some Haitian blood running through her veins as well. Either way best of luck to all the participants. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't doubt it daf,

they have so many haitians in the turks and caicos.

But...

call me what you may, but are we going to keep having these eastern european looking women representing Haiti.

I mean I know they are haitian, but our country is 99 percent black. I'm just saying.

People are going to look at these girls and say yeah right!

daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
I wouldn't doubt it daf,

But...

call me what you may, but are we going to keep having these eastern european looking women representing Haiti.

I mean I know they are haitian, but our country is 99 percent black. I'm just saying.

Siro cherie...oui je comprends but Eastern European??? Idea I only know of the last two Ms. Haiti's being light skinned but aren't we also supposed to show the different complexions/faces that exist within the Haitian community as well.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
SIROMYEL wrote:
I wouldn't doubt it daf,

But...

Siro cherie...oui je comprends but Eastern European??? Idea I only know of the last two Ms. Haiti's being light skinned but aren't we also supposed to show the different complexions/faces that exist within the Haitian community as well.

Says the grimelle Laughing Laughing just kidding.

All jokes aside, I don't really get to bent on what the contestant looks like but I do question how the contestant has become Miss Haiti. Did she go thru the PROPER channels to become Miss Haiti. Did they even have any competitions in Haiti? Who were Ms. Azael competing against to win the coveted title of Miss Haiti? Etc, etc

In the end of course I'm going to wish those of Haitian descent and whoever is representing Haiti the BEST of luck and I hope they represent to the fullest & not just as the island that was hit by an earthquake in 2010.

daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol wrote:
daphnee wrote:
SIROMYEL wrote:
I wouldn't doubt it daf,

But...

Says the grimelle Laughing Laughing just kidding.

All jokes aside, I don't really get to bent on what the contestant looks like but I do question how the contestant has become Miss Haiti. Did she go thru the PROPER channels to become Miss Haiti. Did they even have any competitions in Haiti? Who were Ms. Azael competing against to win the coveted title of Miss Haiti? Etc, etc

In the end of course I'm going to wish those of Haitian descent and whoever is representing Haiti the BEST of luck and I hope they represent to the fullest & not just as the island that was hit by an earthquake in 2010.

karamel frekan!!! I worked hard on my tan...gimme that at least!!! Razz Laughing Laughing

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bel ti marabou ki gen nan peyi sel grimel selman yap ba nou pou miss haiti

daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:

Besides the last two contestants...what others have you been aware of? and why is it a big deal anyway? Either way, we come in all different shapes, sizes and complexions and I'm glad that's being exhibited as well.

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
Rj production wrote:

Besides the last two contestants...what others have you been aware of? and why is it a big deal anyway? Either way, we come in all different shapes, sizes and complexions and I'm glad that's being exhibited as well.

who says it was a big deal and yes many more before the last 2 were grimel but i was just wondered what happen to our beautiful chocolate that we always end up with a light skin miss haiti

daphnee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
daphnee wrote:
Rj production wrote:

who says it was a big deal and yes many more before the last 2 were grimel but i was just wondered what happen to our beautiful chocolate that we always end up with a light skin miss haiti

If it's not a big deal, why bring up the topic then? Either way. I tried doing a google search of the last Miss Haiti's and all I can find are the last two and one from 1962 so if you can give me a reference I'd greatly appreciate that. Thanks

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: