KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Question....?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Question....? Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a difference between a nun who covered her head and a Muslim woman?

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes... muslim woman yo nan gason.

nun pa nan gason.

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:

nun pa nan gason.

Reason I asked because a Muslim woman why nun allow to cover their head and get respected from pretty much everyone...Muslim women do the same but people get treated different..

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This might not justify it.

But Nuns are not in public life for the most part.

in Haiti I use to see them walking around every now and then around the schools or the churches. But for the most part they really do not go out.

Here in the states I havent's seen any walking around.

But muslim women are everywhere and for you to be covering up from head to toe is kind of weird. If you live in South Florida it is even weirder.

Imagine going to the beach and seeing someone covered from head to toe taking a stroll in this hot florida summer. What is the point?

Yes, you will get weird looks.

But me personally, the only concern I have with it is the fact that it hides y your identity. If something were to happen and a muslim woman needed to be identified by a witness, it would be basically impossible.

Anyway... that's my take on it.

XXplosive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Different religion, different "coutume" i guess. Muslim always has to cover sometimes all their face or just the head depending on if they are married or not. Nun is also a profession so they have to wear certain uniform. muslim women don't have to work for a temple to be dress like that.

Faby75

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest difference I can see is that Catholic nuns intentionally choose to enter a life of celibacy and religious practice and wear their habit as a part of that. The religious orders adapted uniform dress to allow those members to be identifiable by the public. Habits were also adapted to the culture of the area, such as Mother Teresa's sisters wearing saris. It was a sign of the woman's commitment to her order and her religion.
Muslim women in many countries make no such choice and it is a requirement of all the women not just those who dedicate their entire lives to religious practice.
I will accept that many or even most Muslim women would choose to wear what they do but the choice is often not offered so there is an ethical difference....

owen1055

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiocitadelle2006 wrote:
SIROMYEL wrote:

nun pa nan gason.

Reason I asked because a Muslim woman why nun allow to cover their head and get respected from pretty much everyone...Muslim women do the same but people get treated different..

The answer is one is a western religion and the other is not. No one is really scared of the nuns and we love to be scared of people who are different from us. The truth is most of us have a higher possibility of getting shot by a black man or crazy white guy than by a muslim woman.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: