KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

SLEEP PARALYSIS OR SOMETHING DARKER?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: SLEEP PARALYSIS OR SOMETHING DARKER? Reply with quote Back to top

kot bon Ayisyen ki sou bod la?...kot Neg Timid, Syro, Zip and others? Very Happy

The other night I found myself awake staring at my mirror and telling myself, "I know I'm awake", yet I could not move a muscle. I then felt like there was someone in the room. aprem finn rele "JEZI" a few times, things got back to normal. Laughing

I swear I wasn't scared or anything...cuz afterwards, I just turned around and hugged wifey from the back and fell asleep.

When I shared the story with friends of mine over the weekend, they shared similar experiences. One came up with the term "peze nan domi" Laughing

Moun yo, annweeyyy, eske gin MECHAN ki deye manje neg an nou?...edemmm Laughing

daphnee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do I qualify as a bon jen ayisien?? Laughing Laughing

Well I've heard of the term as well. My sister actually says it's happened to her in the past and so did el padre and all I've been told is to pray. So go pray Mr. JVJ. I'll pull out my rosary beads for you as well. Cool

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
do I qualify as a bon jen ayisien?? Laughing Laughing

Well I've heard of the term as well. My sister actually says it's happened to her in the past and so did el padre and all I've been told is to pray. So go pray Mr. JVJ. I'll pull out my rosary beads for you as well. Cool

Mesi davans wi Daph...

osana lakay la satan pa ka antre Very Happy

Gadon pwoblem! Laughing

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had that experience I woudl say about three times when I weas younger. Although my eyes have never been open.

Just conscious that some form is keeping me from moving... or sometimes talking.

WEIRD.

And I have heard of the term peze nan domi as well.

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i had a few of those back in haiti, never have one since i moved in the states, but my 3 years old son always screaming in his sleep when i rush to his room he told me he saw a monster on top of him....this is a bad feeling you are awake, you can't talk you can't move, but as soon as i call jesus i am free, a frank mason told me once there are bad spirits hovering when you go to sleep your spirit tend to go awry and if it encounters an evil spirit you might have a nightmare or have the" peze lan domi" feeling, he even told me this explains the reason some healthy people die in their sleep.....i don't believe in evil, but kom granmoun lontan toujou di, "LE MONDE EST MECHANT WI"
BIBLE MWEN BIEN DI AMBA TET MWEN SOU PSAUME 23 PAPA

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE,

I do believe that there is a lot going on around us iin the spiritual world that we are not aware of during the day and at night.

Especially during the hours of midday and midnight.

And yes, sometimes physical beings get caught in the crossfire.

I do believe that when we go to sleep our spiritualselves wonder and experience things. Sometimes I have dreams that are so real to my senses. I mean I could feel things, physically and emotionally. There is no othe way to explain that but to say that I actually experienced it.

FoFo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JVJ funny you mentionned that as it happened
to me over the weekend..
I use to always ridicule these "peze" stories until
it started happening to me few years ago. Then i got
a whole new understanding on this phenomenon. Like you,
when i told my mom, li dim jus rele Jesus, and it
always works for me.

FoFo #1♥

dalida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This shit happens to so much, sometimes mwen santi lap vini, map prese ouve jem poul pal pa gentan rive, oo, salopri a marem tankou on krab. I'm aware of what's going on but i can't move a muscle. Very Happy
sometimes i scream, but nothing comes out. It's unbelievable.

Mwen gen kek jou sa pa rivem non.

Mesie roo. Pika JVJ fe ten ten sa vin pranm aswe a non.

I'm always wondering le yo touye(toudi) moun an Haiti si se konsa yo santi yo.

cuttableman21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I was a kid in Haiti,I used to encounter those situations many times and often in my sleep.Most of the times, I used to feel as if I could not move,talk,nor even screamed for help.Growing up Catholic,and as a kid, I used to love saying that prayer "Je crois en Dieu". Everytime I found myself in those situations,and I would try to fight those evil spirits alone,I was always unable to escape until I started saying my prayer" Je crois en Dieu". As soon as I started praying,I felt like the evil spirit just ran for its life.A few times I don't know if the spirit had gotten ready for me when I start saying my prayer, because he would not move.I would quickly change my prayer to "Our Father" and everything would feel normal again.

In the states,I have experienced a few of those several years ago, and I can't remember when was the last time such thing had happened to me.Bagay peze nan domi sa,mwen pa renmen feeling sa ditou.

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen gen inpresyon ke bagay sa a rive tout moun, non pas seulement Ayisyen....Sa rive'm plizye fwa loske m'te an Ayiti, loske'w santi'w powerless malgre ke'w konsyans ke je'w kle men ou paka fe anyen pou'w ede tet ou.....se komsi'w pran nan mera Laughing Laughing NL style.

Mwen te ap gade yon emisyon kote ke yon dokte te ap pale de fenomem sa a, but mwen pa sonje teminoloji medikal ke yo te itilize pou dekri koman'l epi kisa ki koze'l. Ou ka panse ke se djab kap peze'w vre wi. Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: