KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DID U KNOW THIS ABOUT NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE (KM HMI FACTS)!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: DID U KNOW THIS ABOUT NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE (KM HMI FACTS)! Reply with quote Back to top

According to MARIO DEVOLCY, did you know that founder of COMPAS music NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE in the span of 10 years (1955-1965), went through an astonishing 24 lead singers in his band?

On the opposite end of the spectrum, his rival, CADENCE RAMPA founder SICOT only had 1 main singer for his band.

If you did not know....NOW U KNOW!

*VISIT our DID U KNOW HMI FACTS SECTION by clicking on the link below
http://kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewforum.php?f=15

Last edited by kompamagazine on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW... Shocked

si se te jodi an... NEMOURS PROBABLY would never be considered as a legend then.. yo t'ap di legend nan ap fe traffic MERCENAIRE!! Rolling Eyes

GOOD STUFF.. konpa knowledge Cool

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One singer?
I think you may get something wrong here Pat...and Mario may have to explain some more to you....
Sicot had André Dorismond as well as Gerard Thezan and the great vocalist Garry French as MAIN singers apart from Dorismond...I can also consider Michel Pressoir even when he didn't record any song with Cadence Rampa he had several shows with the band...I'm VERY SURE that Mario will NOT forget Garry French and Gerard Thezan...

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

STAFF POZE

The original post said that SICOT only had 1 "MAIN" singer, and I think you missed that.

MARIO saw your reply and told me to tell you this.

DORISMOND was the MAIN Cadence Rampa singer. If a cd had 12 songs, DORISMOND would sing the lead vocals on 9 or 10 0f those songs. Mario said that there were quite a few "SECOND SINGERS", but the MAIN SINGER of the band was DORISMOND.

KM!

Melfanatik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the tidbits, Pat.

Any other bands/artists you'll be adding to the "Did you know" section?

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wait and see....Hope you'll like them.

KM!

Melfanatik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure I will. Thanks!

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! I wonder if that's the HMI Record. Laughing

Thanks for sharing that fact, KM.

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew there was a lot but not that much
Most of them I knew cz of my father
I loved listenning to ther stories and singing
At my house I was lucky great story
If it was today djaz sa pa tap eziste anko lol

tadito

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: DID U KNOW THIS ABOUT NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE (KM HMI FACT Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
According to MARIO DEVOLCY, did you know that founder of COMPAS music NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE in the span of 10 years (1955-1965), went through an astonishing 24 lead singers in his band?

On the opposite end of the spectrum, his rival, CADENCE RAMPA founder SICOT only had 1 main singer for his band.

If you did not know....NOW U KNOW!

*VISIT our DID U KNOW HMI FACTS SECTION by clicking on the link below
http://kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewforum.php?f=15

That maybe so, I was able to count twelve from 1955 to 1968 that’s the year I left Haiti and lost touch with Nemours. Let me name the names I could remember:
Julien Paul
Andre Dorismon
Louis Lahence
Jn. Claude Felix
Pierre Blain
Carlo Glaudin
Michel Pressoir
Arthur Lovelace
Willie Lacroix
Ricardo Lovelace

They were two others that I cannot remember their names. The genius of Nemours is the fact he always trying new things whether is instruments better musician that will give his band an edge. We should not forget all the innovations he instituted in Haitian music. First to bring electric guitar, Bass Guitar, organ, modern PA system, etc..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: