KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DID U KNOW THIS ABOUT NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE (KM HMI FACTS)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karenay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow that is a lot of singers. I can imagine the trials the konpa forefathers had to go through. More should be done to remember those guys. BTW, do we have an HMI hall of fame anywhere?

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: DID U KNOW THIS ABOUT NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE (KM HMI FACT Reply with quote Back to top

tadito wrote:
We should not forget all the innovations he instituted in Haitian music. First to bring electric guitar, Bass Guitar, organ, modern PA system, etc..

That what traveling does... Idea Idea

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: DID U KNOW THIS ABOUT NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE (KM HMI FACT Reply with quote Back to top

tadito wrote:
kompamagazine wrote:
According to MARIO DEVOLCY, did you know that founder of COMPAS music NEMOURS JEAN BAPTISTE in the span of 10 years (1955-1965), went through an astonishing 24 lead singers in his band?

On the opposite end of the spectrum, his rival, CADENCE RAMPA founder SICOT only had 1 main singer for his band.

If you did not know....NOW U KNOW!

*VISIT our DID U KNOW HMI FACTS SECTION by clicking on the link below
http://kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewforum.php?f=15

That maybe so, I was able to count twelve from 1955 to 1968 that’s the year I left Haiti and lost touch with Nemours. Let me name the names I could remember:
Julien Paul
Andre Dorismon
Louis Lahence
Jn. Claude Felix
Pierre Blain
Carlo Glaudin
Michel Pressoir
Arthur Lovelace
Willie Lacroix
Ricardo Lovelace

They were two others that I cannot remember their names. The genius of Nemours is the fact he always trying new things whether is instruments better musician that will give his band an edge. We should not forget all the innovations he instituted in Haitian music. First to bring electric guitar, Bass Guitar, organ, modern PA system, etc..

Thanks Pat...I just talk to Mario as well...and he said the same thing to me...
Let me note here that Tadito also know what he is talking about....Tadito was one of the singers that he mentioned above....Don't know if I can say which one...without his blessing... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sakapfet_Ottawa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow, 24 lead singers, se pa jwet non

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SO, CHANTE PA PWOBLEM, TI MESSIEURS
DONK, SE MOUN KAP FE BAGAY DEYE A KI KON KIJEAN POU LI JERE CHANTE A
MARIO DE VOLCY, L'HISTORIEN DU KOMPA DIRECT
MILLE MERCIS!

tadito

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sakapfet_Ottawa wrote:
wow, 24 lead singers, se pa jwet non

I am questioning the 24 Singers in ten years statement. I could only come up with eight singers during those ten years. It would be great if Mr. De Volcy could provide us with some names.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen panse Mario di 24 la c pou moutre ke Legend la pase anpil chantè nan jazz la (yon fason de pale)...men mpa kwe c 24 chante tout bon...
mwen pale ak papa'm e li di'm chif 24 la anpil.
eske a lepok yo te konsidere chak gren mizisyen kom chantè? Rolling Eyes

ZENGLEN PI RED

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure MARIO will provide more details because he did explain that there are several singers that DID NOT EVEN MAKE IT ON A STUDIO CD. He said that there are some that played a couple of times LIVE before they were either apparently shown the door, or they decided to go.

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nemours pase 24 chante lan 10 ans, Frero ap kouri sou 6 ou 8 Laughing Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: