Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Nu look's cd released party at Hollywood live.. 7/16/11
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Nu look's cd released party at Hollywood live.. 7/16/11
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zipgenel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Nu look's cd released party at Hollywood live.. 7/16/11 Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I decided to attend the Nu look cd release party at Hollywood live in Hollywood..
When I got there around 1:15 the party was already jumping.. The club was packed..
When I got there the band was playing "wdysylm".. And tout moun t'ap ploge.. I quickly realized that it wasn't really a bal.. But live cd listening party.. Or more of a celebration.. Where all the musicians and fans were having fun.. I also realized that the front and back stage were loaded with posses.. So after wdysylm, the band took a lonnnng break, but Arly was talking to the crowd thanking the fans for their patience and support.. Then continued to play macho siwo, another long break this time they started to thank the fans from Haiti by cities.. But when they got to the fans from au cap the club got really loud.. And that's when pipo forced Arly to explain what was happening as he said that during their tour last year in Haiti, things were a bit rough for the band until they got to "cap haitien".. He explained that when the band got to his native city, the reception from coming to the airport to the night they played there, the people from the city stood behind him and basically made a statement "laaaaa se pa laaaaa, Arly se pitit nou.." Laughing he said that experience rebuilt the band mentally.. And carried on as the room was getting even louder.
Then he dropped a teaser of "le nouveau loo".. Mezanmi!! I've never seen Nu look in all my years supporting this band move a crowd like that.. I mean unbelievable.. So am standing there in shock saying what the he'll is going on? Not knowing this is just an appetizer, the highlight of the night came when right after he started playing "it wasn't meant 2 B".. From the first note it's like there was a thunderstorm inside.. The crowd was singing and basically admiring a master at work, but let me tell you fellow km members.. What follows is basically just crazy..
When we almost got to the part for the "gad on problem" groove to kick in, se kom si te gen yon vague anndan club la.. And then... BAM! Arly lags groove la.. Mwen pa cache di nou sa.. Club la kraze.. Moun anvayi djaz la, the posses backstage all of them, country, JPP and others basically cane down to hug Arly, as Arly broke down due to the reaction of the crowd, and the respect and love he was getting from those supporters.. The crowd started chanting "Arly, Arly!!!" he came back saying let's say "Nu look Nu look" instead! He talked some more, thanked specially "country".. While getting accolade from all the musicians..
But here's a lil something.. Arly broke down right after he said "gad on pwoblem" part of the song.. And had to move away from the mic and keyboard.. All you could hear inside from the fans who did not automatically understand what was going on was "anmweeyyyyyyyyyy!! Gad on pwoblem".. This slogan is the "it" right now!
But my GOD!!! W'ap Mande si gen pwoblem..
The band proceed to play other teasers from the album.. Played so what and electrified the club..
Based on what I saw last night... MIAMI, YOU GOT A PROBLEM!!!
The respect, love, tribute shown to Arly and Nu look last night was simply amazing.. THE CROWD celebrated as a sign of victory and THE RETURN of a KING, while the band celebrated as if it to cap a loonnnng journey by continuously thanking the fans and supporters..
Kino, ti Wes, Paz and others were in the club.. I told Paz before I left w'ap oblije di Kompamagazine sa'w we wi.. Laughing

Mwen pap di anyen pou moun k'ap li review sa konprann ke mwen egzajere.. However... MEZANMI.. Last night was not even the real thing.. It was a teaser night.. Let me wait when the band starts playing the songs live for real..
Amazing.. Simply amazing!! I was speechless... Mwen pedi camera'm.. But I saw "Patricia" was taking pics as well..
To the club owner.. If you happen to find a camera in your club.. Would you let me know through km? Thank you! Cool

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS ZIP
MON che, si se pu PWOBLEM, deyo a gen PWOBLEM, bro
BON, si ou pa we gen PWOBLEM, a mwen ke ou en deyo DE MONDE MIZIKAL LA
YES, GADE OU PWOBLEM is definitely ou bagay red mezanmi
WIHT THIS CD, Nu look has just added another 5 years to my life.
LE OU TANDE MIZIK SA YO, YO RANTRE NAN MWEL OU, YOU TOUCHE FIBRES SENSIBLES OU
J'AI NU NOUVEAU LOOK MAINTEANT! Cool

RED EYES

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Nu look's cd released party at Hollywood live.. 7/16/11 Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
Last night I decided to attend the Nu look cd release party at Hollywood live in Hollywood..
When I got there around 1:15 the party was already jumping.. The club was packed..
When I got there the band was playing "wdysylm".. And tout moun t'ap ploge.. I quickly realized that it wasn't really a bal.. But live cd listening party.. Or more of a celebration.. Where all the musicians and fans were having fun.. I also realized that the front and back stage were loaded with posses.. So after wdysylm, the band took a lonnnng break, but Arly was talking to the crowd thanking the fans for their patience and support.. Then continued to play macho siwo, another long break this time they started to thank the fans from Haiti by cities.. But when they got to the fans from au cap the club got really loud.. And that's when pipo forced Arly to explain what was happening as he said that during their tour last year in Haiti, things were a bit rough for the band until they got to "cap haitien".. He explained that when the band got to his native city, the reception from coming to the airport to the night they played there, the people from the city stood behind him and basically made a statement "laaaaa se pa laaaaa, Arly se pitit nou.." Laughing he said that experience rebuilt the band mentally.. And carried on as the room was getting even louder.
Then he dropped a teaser of "le nouveau loo".. Mezanmi!! I've never seen Nu look in all my years supporting this band move a crowd like that.. I mean unbelievable.. So am standing there in shock saying what the he'll is going on? Not knowing this is just an appetizer, the highlight of the night came when right after he started playing "it wasn't meant 2 B".. From the first note it's like there was a thunderstorm inside.. The crowd was singing and basically admiring a master at work, but let me tell you fellow km members.. What follows is basically just crazy..
When we almost got to the part for the "gad on problem" groove to kick in, se kom si te gen yon vague anndan club la.. And then... BAM! Arly lags groove la.. Mwen pa cache di nou sa.. Club la kraze.. Moun anvayi djaz la, the posses backstage all of them, country, JPP and others basically cane down to hug Arly, as Arly broke down due to the reaction of the crowd, and the respect and love he was getting from those supporters.. The crowd started chanting "Arly, Arly!!!" he came back saying let's say "Nu look Nu look" instead! He talked some more, thanked specially "country".. While getting accolade from all the musicians..
But here's a lil something.. Arly broke down right after he said "gad on pwoblem" part of the song.. And had to move away from the mic and keyboard.. All you could hear inside from the fans who did not automatically understand what was going on was "anmweeyyyyyyyyyy!! Gad on pwoblem".. This slogan is the "it" right now!
But my GOD!!! W'ap Mande si gen pwoblem..
The band proceed to play other teasers from the album.. Played so what and electrified the club..
Based on what I saw last night... MIAMI, YOU GOT A PROBLEM!!!
The respect, love, tribute shown to Arly and Nu look last night was simply amazing.. THE CROWD celebrated as a sign of victory and THE RETURN of a KING, while the band celebrated as if it to cap a loonnnng journey by continuously thanking the fans and supporters..
Kino, ti Wes, Paz and others were in the club.. I told Paz before I left w'ap oblije di Kompamagazine sa'w we wi.. Laughing

Mwen pap di anyen pou moun k'ap li review sa konprann ke mwen egzajere.. However... MEZANMI.. Last night was not even the real thing.. It was a teaser night.. Let me wait when the band starts playing the songs live for real..
Amazing.. Simply amazing!! I was speechless... Mwen pedi camera'm.. But I saw "Patricia" was taking pics as well..
To the club owner.. If you happen to find a camera in your club.. Would you let me know through km? Thank you! Cool

By reading your review I broke down myself gotta respect the man as a fighter thanks for the review

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx Thorland...
mwen te di deja pral gen jazz kap gen yon summer a zero
ce n'est que le commencement Laughing

patizan eske yo te bay yon tiz de mizik pam nan "a ki la fot"
mwen leve maten an ap di "ME CHAN" Very Happy
map tan jazz la New York Arrow

ZENGLEN PI RED

pokann1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zip Zip Zip gadon problem m pa rayi review sa menm gen moun ki pral konnen wap voye Monte pou djaz ou men pou sa kite la yo they know the real deal Arly di li pa konn kriye pou Garson se pou fille li kriye I enjoy my self last night se konnya gen look Ti Papi Nan plat men Miami Normans gon bass la jwe Nan moman sa la problem Alix Nozile pla main delivrans la you killed last night let's make the best of it
BIZNIS LA RELEVE

belfam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the review
happy for nulook cant wait
to get a dose live cz the studio
did not impress me much Wink

kompekok

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gentleman1 wrote:
Thanx Thorland...
mwen te di deja pral gen jazz kap gen yon summer a zero
ce n'est que le commencement Laughing

patizan eske yo te bay yon tiz de mizik pam nan "a ki la fot"
mwen leve maten an ap di "ME CHAN" Very Happy
map tan jazz la New York Arrow

Yes they did; as a matter of fact except for Jou M' Renkontre w' and Paske m' Jalou, they played all the songs on the album.

(Dadou Pasquet)

RICKY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pandan nap minnen yo mem yap plenyen Laughing m'regret mwen pa't la pou mwen fete ak djaz la. Thx for the review

OKTAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ARLY di 16 juillet annee passe nou pat konnen ki kote nou ta pral jwe mwen te decide kite mwen tap rete fe travay nan studio mwen, men musicien yo di non nou pa care de si nap touche ou pa .Nal haiti nou jwe devan 50,200 leu nou rive chantal la pluie gate bal but leu nou rive okap lakay mwen mou yo di non nou pak kite sa passe konsa moun debake,cortege machine se leu sa moral mwen remonte ki fe aswe a,aswe a sa kap passe la rive.Leu tout moun lague nou neg ki rele country a te toujou kwe jou sa tap rive li pat janm dekourage epui arly tombe krye.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OKTAN wrote:
Leu tout moun lague nou neg ki rele country a te toujou kwe jou sa tap rive li pat janm dekourage epui arly tombe krye.

mezanmi Maestro-a Kriyeeeeeeeeee Laughing
se pa kriye tristes fwa sa, se rejwisans de travay w ak patians w
kompliman anko pou yon bel albom, ME CHAN Laughing

ZENGLEN PI RED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: