KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

**NU LOOK CONFIRMATION: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompekok wrote:
The CD is not even a week old so I'm baffled when people are claiming that such and such song will not be a hit or will be a hit.

My personal opinion this a hit CD because all the lyrics are on point well delivered, the chorus lines are very catchy.

Kompekok,

With all due respect...

I don't say the following to disparage you.

You said, you are baffled that people are saying a SONG is a hit or not, within a week's time.

But yet, within a week's time you have concluded the CD in its ENTIRETY is a HIT.

Did you have the CD for months now?

Can you reconcile the inconsistency in your two statements?

Kompa Love

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait! "Destination Finale" is a filler track?? Shocked KM manke fe'm tombe sou chaise wi...

I reserve the right to come back with this post when this song blows up...

kompekok

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
kompekok wrote:
The CD is not even a week old so I'm baffled when people are claiming that such and such song will not be a hit or will be a hit.

My personal opinion this a hit CD because all the lyrics are on point well delivered, the chorus lines are very catchy.

Kompekok,

With all due respect...

I don't say the following to disparage you.

You said, you are baffled that people are saying a SONG is a hit or not, within a week's time.

But yet, within a week's time you have concluded the CD in its ENTIRETY is a HIT.

Did you have the CD for months now?

Can you reconcile the inconsistency in your two statements?

I prefaced my statement with "my personal" meaning I'm not proclaiming with certainty like others are doing on this board.

(Dadou Pasquet)

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kompa Love wrote:
Wait! "Destination Finale" is a filler track?? Shocked KM manke fe'm tombe sou chaise wi...

I reserve the right to come back with this post when this song blows up...

This track is very good, but it may be overshadowed by It wasnt meant to be, A qui la faute and Jalou...not a terrible problem to have.

I did wonder how Pipo would have sounded on Ralph's track and how Gazzman would have sounded on Pays Jeunesse Futur ---rite up his alley...what a great song that is...

Lyrically, man this album delivers!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KOMPALOVE

It's extremely HILARIOUS when from EVERYTHING THAT I WROTE ON THIS REVIEW....The ONLY thing that caught your attention was the "DESTINATION FINALE". WOW..WOW..WOW. ENFIN.

I have been wrong before. I did NOT think that TVICE's "CHACHE FANM PA'W" was all that ON THEIR STUDIO CD....but when they played it LIVE....It became one of their biggest hits.

KOMPEKOK....Your last statement in which you are saying that people in 1 week DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY that such and such song won't be a hit...YET YOU COME RIGHT BACK and say that TO YOU...THE ENTIRE CD is a HIT in the same amount of time......That is simply a BAFFLING comment to say the least. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The funny thing is PEOPLE WILL TAKE AND MAKE OUT whatever they want to HIGHLIGHT from the review FOR THEIR OWN PURPOSES. Some will highlight the POSITIVES and some will highlight the NEGATIVES...but hey whatever floats people's boats .....

KM!

Kompa Love

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure what you're implying KM, but there's nothing wrong if the only thing I don't agree with in your review is the one that I point out...

I can be wrong as well, nobody's perfect!

belfam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompekok wrote:

My personal opinion this a hit CD because all the lyrics are on point well delivered, the chorus lines are very catchy. Additionally, the versatility on this CD will be a big plus.

this is the most contradictory statement i have ever seen
on KM. i guess the true fans are the only one allowed
to say which song they think will be hit Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great review Pat.

I like the album a lot. With a few more listens, maybe I will love it. I love the fact that there is more of a variety of styles on it.

I feel the same way you do about PIPO being restrained. I don't know maybe it is the songs but I just feel that PIPO has given better vocal performances in BELJAZZ VAN VIRE.

SE PA TOUT PIPO sa ki sou album.

ALBUM NAN MANKE JABS. Hey I know se pa sa ki fe mizik but some of the songs are just begging for PIPO to say something kote konpa ap mache yo.

My favorite tracks so far: LE NOUVEAU LOOK, PASKE'M JALOU, YO PRAN NAN MERA. That will most likely change where the list will grow because gen nan mizik yo mwen po ko finn digere byen. I have a feeling I will love A qui la faute and the song sang by Ralph.

YO PRAN NAN MERA GEN ON KONPA LA DANN. OUT OF THIS WORLD...

I don't think PIPO sang enough songs on the album. I think he would have done a better job singing Ralph's song, and he should have sang pays jeunesse future.

And by the way Pat, you don't consider "LE'M TE RANKONTRE OU" to be a love song?

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KOMPA LOVE

All I said is THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT YOU BROUGHT UP from the review. I did NOT say anything else. It was a pretty long review and what you brought up about DESTINATION FINALE WAS THE ONLY THING YOU SAID. You did NOT say anything else.

No sweat. Enjoy the cd because it is a good one.

KM!

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

again anko Patrick, bon bagay...gen ti pwen kem pa dako
men angro, mwen apiye sa'w di yo
egzanp, mwen panse "destination Finale" taka HIT sou albom nan
si sete ave'l, Arly te prezante PIPO...
pou mwen se youn nan pi bel mizik ki gen sou CD sa...
li sou repeat

kom mwen di'l deja, eskize'm si'm repete tete mwen
"so, si PIPO pa mete menm GNB sa ouben plis anko
malgre tout talan ligen, tout bel vokal li, e bel mizik tou
sa ka rive vre, pwofet la tounen 2e singer
epi al pran leson nan main ti Regi"

mete tout fanatism de kote,
CD sa tankou tout lot CD NuLOOK bon anpil
eske ap gen 3, 4 hit sou li Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PIPO gonfle ponyet w patizan, nan HMI sa talan selman pa konte.
vann mizik w yo, menm jan zot te kon fe'l la
epi w nan batay net ale Arrow

ZENGLEN PI RED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: