KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

**NU LOOK CONFIRMATION: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice review. The only surprise to me here is Destination Finale that KM think is a filler track. I think it's a hit, it should be their first video.

belfam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well done Pat great review as usual

PIZOU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great review Pat as usual. It's a strong album but even though Arly take a new direction with the band, one can't help missing Gazzman on the cd. Maybe its simply because he was one of the corner stone of the band for 9yrs. As a kompa direct lover, I find this album a bit weak just because to me it seems that Arly is running away from the kompa direct n be more like les Carimi t vice n stuff.
But overall its a nice album. Now its gonna be up to Pipo to work his magic on his tracks live as Gazzman used to do that will save him simple because Arly is all over that album.

RoiHenri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sa se on review 9/10
Pat pa fe 10/10 se paske..... The Sa poko janm fet line, I believe it came from Michea.
Very good assessment KM
As you stated on the review....Arly's songs will carry this album Cool
Good Job

yef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First of all,

Congratulations to Arly and Nu Look for putting out a nice CD! It's not easy to remain calm in the face of adversity and perform at such a great level! My favorites so far.......

JOU'M RENKONTRE'W... great topic. Reminds of Pipo in Beljaz

PASKE'M JALOU... great song! geared towards the young. However, it's long!! probably too long!

NO PRAN NAN MERA... very catchy (Nu Look avek konpa, se de fre marasa...) Good stuff man!

DESTINATION FINALE... if this track is promoted well, Pipo will have an absolute hit in his hand. Reminds me of COOKIE

Arrow Few comments:
- I don't think the album has enough song on it to last 3 years (9 new tracks?)

- Pipo is extremely versatile.... I thought Arly would have people sing a spanish or chansonnette francaise.

- Arly rejuvenated his keyboard grooves. The solo are simple yet catchy!

- Overall - Nu Look will recover from this CD for sure as the songs get more air play!

-Fabrice Rouzier

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat this is one of your best review, on point and very detailed.
this is the part i like the best, you said it all in this paragraph

Quote:
Gazzman was "DURI BLAN", PIPO IS "DURI COLE", what he is doing on this cd is instead of serving you white rice, he is giving you brown rice with other types of food that you have never been served with. SI OU RINMIN BON MANJE...CHEF LA DELIVRE SOU CD SA.

ALTHOUGH I HEARD THE SONGS FROM A FRIEND BUT I WILL STILL BUY THE CD TO SUPPORT THE GROUP
KUDOS TO PAT AND CONGRATS TO NU-LOOK

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Ernst

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: **NU LOOK CONFIRMATION: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIE Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, great job Pat. Like I stated before, I hope ou jwen'n jistis ou nan travay wap fe a. I'm a big fan of NL,but I just have a responbility to make sense. The CD is not a kiss ass cd as I expected. Maybe, It needs time to grow in me. I remember when Beljazz cd came out, I was jumping off my couch, calling a few junky compas like myself to tell them about the cd from the first audition. I don't get this with that cd. I must say that Arly surprises me musically speaking. He choses a new direction which is not easy to do. I'll keep listen to the CD. I'm sure it'll grow in me. The question remain the same, Can Arly write a Hit song for someone else?

RoiHenri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: **NU LOOK CONFIRMATION: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIE Reply with quote Back to top

Ernst wrote:
The question remain the same, Can Arly write a Hit song for someone else?

Manjew devan, epi wap di ou grangou Laughing
You have all the evidence right in front of you....so you can answer that question.
Destination Finale is the closest that Arly got, men music la sanble on bagay ki inacheve. Se sak fel vin pase kom on filler track.
That's Pipos territory, but those guitar grooves took away everything from the song.
Pipo still remains a hell of a singer in book...can't stop listening to that beljaz CD myself...but as Pat mentioned, you can see that he was restrained.
And let's not kid ourselves, delivering live is not Pipo's forte. He has a difficult task ahead of him....transforming an average song into a live banger Cool

XXplosive

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: **NU LOOK CONFIRMATION: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIE Reply with quote Back to top

RoiHenri wrote:
Ernst wrote:
The question remain the same, Can Arly write a Hit song for someone else?

Manjew devan, epi wap di ou grangou Laughing
You have all the evidence right in front of you....so you can answer that question.
Destination Finale is the closest that Arly got, men music la sanble on bagay ki inacheve. Se sak fel vin pase kom on filler track.
That's Pipos territory, but those guitar grooves took away everything from the song.
Pipo still remains a hell of a singer in book...can't stop listening to that beljaz CD myself...but as Pat mentioned, you can see that he was restrained.
And let's not kid ourselves, delivering live is not Pipo's forte. He has a difficult task ahead of him....transforming an average song into a live banger Cool

Arly te ka bay Pipo yon HIT sou album sa li patap paret. Depi ou we slow song nan Nu Look moun yo se Arly yo we. Mete yon lot vwa sou li moun yo pap pran'l nan main Look la. Mizik Arly ap overshadow nimpot lot slow mizik Pipo sou menm album lan. Si se Gazzman ke chante Notre Histoire, mizik la te ka pa HIT. Depi yo tande style mizik kriye an, se Arly pou tande.

kompekok

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The CD is not even a week old so I'm baffled when people are claiming that such and such song will not be a hit or will be a hit.

My personal opinion this a hit CD because all the lyrics are on point well delivered, the chorus lines are very catchy. Additionally, the versatility on this CD will be a big plus.

(Dadou Pasquet)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: