KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

The false and true reasons of the rejection of Daniel Rouzie
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: The false and true reasons of the rejection of Daniel Rouzie Reply with quote Back to top

Nou we kijan neg paleman sayo se chien vre....

Haiti - Politic : The false and true reasons of the rejection of Daniel G. Rouzie
22/06/2011 13:19:15

The Assembly of Deputies rejected on Tuesday the selection of the Prime Minister-designate Daniel Gérard Rouzier. 42 deputies have voted against, 19 for and 3 abstentions. he deputies of INITE have voted in block, against Daniel Gérard Rouzier, despite "the campaign" conducted in his favor by the former president René Préval supposed to be the head of the group of parliamentarians of INITe and its allies. The deputies favorable to the Prime Minister-designate have "accused" their colleagues of INITE to want to paralyze the country.

The false reasons :
The Deputies have motivated their decision of the rejection of the candidacy of Prime Minister-designate, by the fact that they could not be certain of his Haitian nationality, on the question of his honesty on the tax charges, on allegations of having lost his nationality and favored the interests of another country when he was Honorary Consul of Jamaica to the detriment of those of Haiti as well as any potential conflicts of interest, because its businesses. Doubts and allegations that have not yet been confirmed by facts, tangible evidence...

The calling into question of the fiscal probity of the Prime Minister-designate is a blatant example of political manipulation. It was very easy for the commission, to obtain all evidence via the DGI, confirming the payment of taxes by Mr Daniel Gérard Rouzier and terminate the speculation and unfounded allegations, started intentionally to tarnish his reputation. At a joint press conference yesterday, Tuesday, before the vote in the lower house, Mr. Rouzier made ​​no difficulty to explain publicly, in a transparent manner his tax situation, explanations easy to verify:

"...Today I say before the nation that the only thing that I have is my name and my reputation. Every year for 30 years I do my tax declaration, for those who do not do it, let me explain how it works. Every month when my company which is called Sun Auto, which is based in Tabarre, pays its employees, it makes a withholding at source for the State. So when the Sun Auto has paid my salary, it has withdrawn the part which is for the State and which is delivered each month to the DGI. At the end of the year, I make my final declaration, and I submit it to the DGI, at that time, the inspector determines if the amount collected is higher or lower, that's how every year, the DGI, is asking me to pay an additional amount that is never less than 218.000 gourds.

For example, last year [2010] I touched 2,915,250 as salary, the Sun AUTO has taken 517.000 gourds on this amount hat have been given to the DGI, at the end of the year when I made my definitive statement, the DGI, asked me to pay 233.000 gourds supplementary, and this is what I did on January 31, 2010. In all, last year I paid to the DGI 750.000 of tax on my wages. For SUN AUTO, between the customs and DGI, my company has paid 112,420,700 gourds and 57 cents of tax. I hope that the press will take this information and that it will inform everybody from here and abroad that there are still consequent Haitian in the country, who invest in theit country, who love their country and which have decided to live without magouille..."

The vote also relied on allegations of loss of nationality due to the position of Honorary Consul of Jamaica in Haiti. Is that our members are, at this point, poorly informed or manipulated, to ignore the minor role, if not "symbolic" of a Honorary Consul, a voluntary basis function which involves no change of nationality and whose the role is more social than political and often limited to facilitating the contacts as needed. In no case an Honorary Consul can take political decisions on behalf of the country which has granted this function.

As for claiming that Mr. Rouzier, would have in this function, defended the interests of the Jamaica contrary to those of Haiti, is a very serious accusation that the parliamentarians have "forgotten" to document. Deny or doubt that Mr. Rouzier, is Haitian (birth certificate, Haitian passport etc...) under the pretext of not being able to prove that his parents, at any point in their lives, did not have deny their citizenship demonstrates the intention to exclude in one way or another, the Prime Minister-designate.

The true reasons :
Many of the Parliamentarians, who have voted against Daniel Gérard Rouzier, have accused the President Martelly and his Prime Minister-designate, to be "sufficient and intractable in the negotiations" without taking the trouble to ensure a functional majority. The Deputy Accluche Louis Jeune [Dame Marie] has described the decision of his colleagues of "irresponsible" and reported that the members of the party INITE who are the majority in parliament, "had conditioned their vote for Mr. Rouzier, to the obtention of ministerial portfolios."

If the electoral commission in charge to examining the records of deputies [and Senators] had been as scrupulous, that these parliamentarians, that go beyond on more than one point the prescribed constitutional, how much of them could participate in elections ? Very few undoubtedly.

One thing is certain is that the Parliamentarians have just opened a "battlefield" which no one can predict the outcome and consequences today, our fellow citizens are at the moment, the only real losers.

http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-3220-haiti-politic-the-false-and-true-reasons-of-the-rejection-of-daniel-gerard-rouzier.html

See also :
http://www.haitilibre.com/article-3211-haiti-politique-la-verite-sur-le-contenu-du-rapport-de-la-commission.html (in french)
http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-3217-haiti-flash-politic-prime-minister-designate-rejected-update-5-14pm.html
http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-3218-haiti-politic-reactions-of-martelly-about-the-rejection-of-prime-minister-designate.html
http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-3219-haiti-politic-reactions-of-daniel-gerard-rouzier.html

HL/ HaitiLibre

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AAAH....

Just as I suspected.

HAITI AS USUAL.

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

as much as it seems Mr. Rouzier would have been a good PM we can't blame those guys for doing the job ask by the haitian people. all this article shows it's more speculation nothing prove they wanted any job or money from anybody it's time for Micky to start working to get to the bottom of this.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
as much as it seems Mr. Rouzier would have been a good PM we can't blame those guys for doing the job ask by the haitian people. all this article shows it's more speculation nothing prove they wanted any job or money from anybody it's time for Micky to start working to get to the bottom of this.

It is speculation really!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You must be kidding me!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Rj production"]as much as it seems Mr. Rouzier would have been a good PM we can't blame those guys for doing the job ask by the haitian people. all this article shows it's more speculation nothing prove they wanted any job or money from anybody it's time for Micky to start working to get to the bottom of this.[/quote

AAAAHHH..... LAVALAS!

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:

RJ....ou grave anpil wi patizan....

sansan29

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As much I believe a combo of Martelly-Rouzier could have start the country moving forward, Haitian parliament members tend to play that game even when the President is one of their own. I remembered what they did to Erick Pierre and many others. Martelly should know, he only has 3 members in the lower house which sided with the majority block. Daniel Rouzier made a lot of mistake by understimate the legislative. The best solution is for president Martelly to negociate with them otherwise this country is doom to fail. Politic is an art; which Bill clinton learned the hard way when he tried to nominate a justice minister. they rejected more qualified people because of simple housekeeping issues before settle on Janet Reno.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please people tell me what can Micky negotiate with this thug style parliament. Please tell me!!!! All I know this is not about ideology here, it is not projects (been controlled by Clinton), it is not national priorities, so what is he going to negotiate!!! Bay vagabon job nan cabinet!!!!!!

You can negotiate something that is negotiable. Given people jobs or money or allow them to continue criminal enterprises is not negotiable. The man needs to show the world he ain't like the rest who took care of the local click and now you people want him too. What did the local click got Preval and Aristide? One got exile and the other got his visas revoked as well as his families' for what?

People don't get fool, if I was Micky just prepare for the eventual. Dissolvement of the Parliament of the next PM is not allowed.

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="SIROMYEL"]
Rj production wrote:
as much as it seems Mr. Rouzier would have been a good PM we can't blame those guys for doing the job ask by the haitian people. all this article shows it's more speculation nothing prove they wanted any job or money from anybody it's time for Micky to start working to get to the bottom of this.[/quote

AAAAHHH..... LAVALAS!

apa'w wap mete'm nan zin manman

i'm not saying they didn't ask for a job or anything non but that article didn't prove nothing that we didn't already know. when you come with an article like that you must come correct no he/she said this is some big accusation here.

Once Rozier came out swigging against Clinton he was out, if you any article before his radio interview and after you'll clearly see where he went wrong again i think Rouzier could have been a great choice

Rj production

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:

It is speculation really!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You must be kidding me!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

can you prove it? maybe, until then it is speculation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: