KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NEWS UPDATE: CHANGE OF POSITION ON IHRC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeancelestin wrote:
KE H1 SOU BISKET, PAPA
LI PA WE KOTE " statehood" li a, gad? Confused Smile
OU mele, papa
STATEHOOD OR BUST,
OU GENLE MELE WI, LA

Celestin

Fre'm statehood talk cannot start right now, it will only occur when I am certain Micky has failed right now he has not Micky is just messing up right now. It happens this is new!!! Laughing Laughing

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
MinkiJan wrote:
H1 am with you my man, but as I said to you yesterday, this was all about putting some pressure on the commission to at least get things started.

We have to admit that progress has been extremely slow, while people are suffering under tents for over a year.

Even the U.S. Government Accountability Office criticized the commission for “delays in hiring staff and a lack of transparency and for not meeting reconstruction goals”.

I think Rouzier's statement might have been a little bit premature, but he has a track record of successfully implementing huge projects in Haiti, therefore he wants to take a crack at this one as well.

Brother, I agree with you but also know the underpinning why its slow. The donors did not trust the Haitian government much to ascertain anything and they wanted assurances which the IHRC could not gurantee, which was a judicial system to deal with corrupt officials and dealing with land disputes that will arise with reconstruction. Well, Preval did nothing and now with this government it was hoped they would start to deal with this FIRST. Well, their first plan is to dissolve the IHRC, which in my view does not deal with the problem at hand. So a new Haitiano-Haitian agency will definitely not get no money in given you did not adddress the root of the problem.

Agreed, but I think Rouzier got the commission's attention at this juncture; therefore they are now going to meet and come up with real and palpable solutions for the people that are suffering and for the country.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MinkiJan wrote:
Haitianone wrote:
MinkiJan wrote:
H1 am with you my man, but as I said to you yesterday, this was all about putting some pressure on the commission to at least get things started.

We have to admit that progress has been extremely slow, while people are suffering under tents for over a year.

Even the U.S. Government Accountability Office criticized the commission for “delays in hiring staff and a lack of transparency and for not meeting reconstruction goals”.

I think Rouzier's statement might have been a little bit premature, but he has a track record of successfully implementing huge projects in Haiti, therefore he wants to take a crack at this one as well.

Brother, I agree with you but also know the underpinning why its slow. The donors did not trust the Haitian government much to ascertain anything and they wanted assurances which the IHRC could not gurantee, which was a judicial system to deal with corrupt officials and dealing with land disputes that will arise with reconstruction. Well, Preval did nothing and now with this government it was hoped they would start to deal with this FIRST. Well, their first plan is to dissolve the IHRC, which in my view does not deal with the problem at hand. So a new Haitiano-Haitian agency will definitely not get no money in given you did not adddress the root of the problem.

Agreed, but I think Rouzier got the commission's attention at this juncture; therefore they are now going to meet and come up with real and palpable solutions for the people that are suffering and for the country.

Brother

With the language he used, I am hoping they have an amicable relationship with the guy. I am worried INITE and their thugs buddies looking for a way in to start to dig and this is the beginning. One reason why I wrote this post trying and praying to not let the other side enjoy this moment but having a low level supporter take the lead like me. Laughing Laughing

I am trying here I hope it made a difference.

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
MinkiJan wrote:

Rouzier meant every words from yesterday statement and this is the kind of gvnt needed to get us out of the mess we are in not just seat say yes mon blan let your voice heard so they know you mean business.

Some pressure was definitely needed to get things going, but I think the government can work in conjunction with Clinton and/or the commission which mandate is due to end in October anyway.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: