KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

EUD'S HOT BLAST REBUTTAL ON THE RADIO/TV HAITI CONTROVERSY!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: EUD'S HOT BLAST REBUTTAL ON THE RADIO/TV HAITI CONTROVERSY! Reply with quote Back to top

PRINCESS EUD responds to CAREL PEDRE in regards to the debate about TV and RADIO in Haiti NOT playing enough HAITIAN MUSIC.

PRINCESS EUD: "Map salue Carel pou bel intevantyon sa li fe a, e map felisitel tou pou kouraj li genyen nan travay lap fe a, yon ti feedback...paske mkwe mte konn fe ti pale ak Mr Carel avan, menm li vin famous nan domaine pal la, sin ka rele sa famous...ok cool.
(ENGLISH) I want to say hello to CAREL for the points that he brought to the table on the debate. I want to congratulate him for the work that he is doing. I used to speak to Carel, but that was before he became famous if that's what you call it. OK COOL."

EUD: Well si Carel pap supotem jodia se kounia li dim sa koz mpa konn sil songe, misye se youn nan neg kite konn banm anpil konsey defwa lem konn dil mwen dekourage ak koze mizik sa, li konn ap dim kisa poum fe, kijan poum cheche sponsor et tout, yon lot bagay nou pa konnen se Carel kite kontaktem pou feat. ke mwen te fe ak Nia a, enfin bref.
(ENGLISH)"If CAREL does not support me today, I AM ONLY NOW FINDING THIS OUT. He was one of the people who always gave me advice when I would get discouraged with my music. He used to show me how to go about looking for sponsors and all. As a matter of fact, the collabo that I have coming with NIA, it was CAREL who contacted me on that."

EUD: "Bon kounia ki problem ki genyen ak hip hop la, se vre son mizik ki pran nesans aux etats-unis men sa pa anpeche ke diams en france ap fe des euros avel poum site sa seulman, kote nou pa konprann sam vle fe soti a, le map pale de pase mizik ayityenn mpap pale de rap kreyol stp...tanpri KM mta renmenw pran premie atik ou te publiye lem te ekri sou fb, pou kisa yo pase plis rihanna ke Emeline, e plis Akon ke Belo tanpri fe sa pou mwen, la nou pat wem te fe referans ak Eud ou rap kreyol so please...et en plus mpa fe rap kreyol mfe muzik e album limye wouj la ap demanti nou tre led.
(ENGLISH) What is the problem now with RAP KREYOL? Yes it is a type of music that was born in the U.S, but that does not stop DIAMS from making lots of EUROS with it, and I am only giving 1 example here. What is it exactly that you are not able to understand in terms of the point that I am making? PLEASE KM, I would like for you to take the first article that you published when I first said that. I asked why were they playing more RIHANNA than EMELINE, and why more AKON than BELO. I did NOT make a reference about EUD or RAP KREYOL. Besides, I don't just play RAP KREYOL, I compose MUSIC, and the upcoming LIMYE ROUJ CD will prove that."

EUD: Ok mwen dako nou gen problem produktyon, men ki lajan ki gen la pou atis yo met talan yo an evidans...mwen si mpral jwenn sponsor se kounia mpral resi konn sak rele sponsor nan album limye wouj la, men mwen te soti yon demo 4 ans de cela, kite gen viv epi hey sou li, mizik yo fe 2ans yap trennen, yo pat janm pase yo, mte mache chache sponsor tout kote poum te ka fe video youn ladan yo, pyes moun pat reponn mwen, ye a lepok mwen tap travay nan yon liquor store se lajan travay mwen mte sanble poum te ka fe video a, et kon video soti ou tande tout moun se hey hey hey hey hey...bon si pitit Carel la pa konn hey hey hey sa tap etonem grav, e menm si pitit li pata konnenl li chage lot pitit zanmil ki konnenl, donk mesi.
(ENGLISH: "I agree that we have a production problem in the business, but what funds are available for artists to showcase their talents? As far as me, if I am about to get some sponsors, it will be the first time that would happen to me. I came out with a demo 4 years ago that had the songs "VIV" and "HEY", the songs were basically wasted for 2 years, no one ever played them. I went looking for sponsors, no one answered me. At the time, I was working at a liquor store, so I used that money to do the music video. When the video came out, everyone was singing HEY HEY HEY. If CAREL's son does not know the song, I guarantee you that his son's friends know it."

EUD: Apre demo a mte supoze soti yon album toute suite apres, men malheureusement kom se gason ki plis nan domaine sa yo, se deye fanm yo ye, se pa sou biznis yo ye, alors la mwen repliye, mwen ak ded krezi met tet nou ansanm nou sanble lajan, nou antre nan studio nou enrigistre yon album, e apre sa yo fin tande yo oblige banou sponsor, pagen rans nan sa, paske album limye wouj la son lot bagay, ok...bon kounia le wap mandem pou prodwi mizik konsa,e ou we sam sot explike la, se ak kob mwen ou byen bay map baw... pandan setan,mwen gen vi pam, e mwen gen pitit, so la sim byen konprann kom pagen yon lajan kap debloke pou atis yo fonktyone, pran tout ti ekonomim fe mizik bliye edukatyon pitit mwen an, ou byen mache kouche ak jen gason bliye sim gon personalite poum gere epi ba nou mizik.. Come on
(ENGLISH)"After the demo, I was to have released a CD right after, unfortunately guys are mostly the ones in charge in this business, THEY ARE AFTER FEMALES...THEY DON'T WANT TO DO BUSINESS, I had to take a step back. DED KREZI and I put our heads together and recorded a cd. After hearing the product, they gave us sponsorship. After hearing what I just described, it's either with my own money, or I GIVE IT UP TO YOU (To get a deal) that seem to be the options. In the meantime, I have my life, and I have my kid to worry about. Since there is no money to be found for artists development, should I go around sleeping with young men and forget that I have a personality, so that I am able to get my music out there?"

EUD: Mwen byen kontanw palem de tout atis sa yo ou sot site la, wi se yo menm menm mta renmen tande nan zorey mwen, bon depi kile mwen tande yon boukman nan radio poum site sa seulman, ok nou vle pouse kompas avek rasin, vas-y jwe yo, pa ret nan 3 group selman, jwe toxic, ajt ect, nou jwe rasin, lague azor, rel ect...mwen pa inkyete nou de mwen si nou pa vle jwe Eud fine i dont care
(ENGLISH) I am happy that you(Carel) spoke about all these artists. Yes they are the ones that I would love to listen to...but having said that, when is the last time that I heard a BOUKMAN on the radio? OK, you guys want to push COMPAS and RASIN, go ahead and play them, but don't limit it to just 3 groups. You have to play AZOR, REL, TOXIC...but DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME if you don't want to play EUD. It's fine. I DON'T CARE."

EUD: Bon ki avni ki gen pou fanm nan mizik la en ayiti, apre Emmeline Michelle kite soti nan yon bel epok e ki rive kotel ye a la, palem de yon lot fi ki janm atenn nivo sa...mwen mizik pa premye preocupation'm, daye se pat menm yon bagay kite nan planm, nou tout ka we mwen son atis ki tre poze koz se pa sam plis renmen, sam renmen an se fe Publicite, la nou dako avem, nou ka we kotem ye la, mwen pagen foli atis ou supesta...se album solo'm map tann mwen fin soti poum make pasaj mwen nan mizik la, e apre map kite sa...e leu sa mpap fe mizik anko, si yo still pa jwe mizik ayisyenn map toujou ka plenyen pou sa, kounia sa nou pral di smh...mwen soulve problem nan se paske mwen ap viv anndan peyi a mwen pa soulve problem nan paskem son hip hop artist or whatever.
(ENGLISH)What is the future for Haitian women in Haitian music after EMELINE? Tell me of another female artist that has achieved what she has done? MUSIC IS NOT MY FIRST JOB. I didn't even have that in my plans. You guys can see that I am someone who is extremely relaxed because that is NOT what I like the most. My preference is to do RADIO DROPS/SPOTS. MWEN PA GIN FOLI SUPERSTA. I am just waiting to drop my solo cd to leave my mark in the business, then I will leave the business. If after that they still don't play Haitian music, I will still continue to voice my opinion against that. I did not bring the problem because I am a Hip Hop artist, I brought it up because I LIVE IN THE COUNTRY."

EUD: Le map pale konsa, mwen konn lot mizik yo tre byen, e mwen tande yo tou wi an palan de mizik etrange yo, mpa di nou pa pase yo bon yo bel vre mezanmi, men at least fon 2h tan focus sou boukman, ram, jean bernard thomas ect, a noter la anko mpa pale de rap kreyol, e mpa we poukisa nou di se de rap kreyol map pale, lem di yo pa pase mizik ayityenn yo, bon se rap kreyol yo pase plis an ayiti, pi gro supesta ki gen nan peyi a nan moman an la, son rapeu li ye, so pa vin melange bagay yo la, e pa vire pawol mwen di...mesi anpil pou konpreyantyon nou, e mwen kwe kem fin pale sou kestyon sa.
(ENGLISH) "When I speak like that, I do know and listen to foreign songs. I did NOT say not to play it them because let's be real, the songs are beautiful. What I am asking is at least spend 2 hours playing Haitian artists. KEEP IN MIND AGAIN THAT I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RAP KREYOL. They actually play MORE RAP KREYOL than any other Haitian genre in Haiti. The biggest superstar in the country is a rapper, so please do NOT mix what is being said. I am done on the issue."

EUD:" E daye kiyes mwen ye de mon vrai nom Eunide Edouarin, kiyes ki Eunide lan, ki nom manmanl ki nom papal, kotel soti, kotel prale, la poum montre nou mwen pa pitit gro zotobre, papam pagen station radio ni tele, so mpap vin mouri pour la patrie la ke moun yo pase mizik ki nan lide yo, yo fe sa yo vle...map prete ti parol sa ke yon rapeu ki rele Dade te di (mpagen foli chef, mgen foli kob) mwen mvle di mpa gen foli supesta pou 2,3 ans e poum vin mouri pov apre, so mgen foli kob poum ka fe sam gen poum fe, epi ede moun ki nan bezwen...one love tout moun!
(ENGLISH) "Besides, WHO IS EUD EDOUARIN? Who the heck is EUNIDE? Where is she going with this? My dad does not have a radio or television station, so I WON'T SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR THE NATION,,so THEY CAN P[LAY WHATEVER MUSIC THEY WANT. I am going to borrow this line from a rapper named DADE (I don't have the need to be a leader.....I have the urge to make MONEY). I don't have the desire to be a superstar for 2/3 years so that I can die POOR later. I have the desire to make money, so that I can do what I need to do, and to also help those in need. ONE LOVE EVERYBODY."

KM!

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MMMHHH....

Mwen te pi renmen premye intervensyon ou lan EUD.

SAA VINN PARET TWO PESONEL.

SANBLE CAREL TOUCHE PWEN SANSIB OU.

BonKompa29

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man i like this girl... she make sense...that issue needs to be resolved because it got out of hand.

rocketman

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EUD pale trop!! anyway good luck to all

hope they're taking notes...

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you're emulating a culture; I much rather play the original said Carel. I don't see anything wrong with that statement. Beside, they play more Rap Kreyol in Haiti than they play Kompa, Zouk, and Racine.

Playing Kompa and Racine should have been the main focus of those Haitian radios from the get go. Now it is too late. The country has been plague with Hip Hop because of the work of people like Carel and others who have pushed the Hip Hop movement and put our music second.

Anyway, EUD expressed herself a little too much here.

rkmrecordz

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eud makes a lot of sense...

Pitit Ginen

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eud is definitely helping us understand how tough it is to make it as a woman in the HMI. She is telling us the personal sacrifices she is enduring trying to break the ice of the HMI. But nobody seems to understand that. Or, that just doesn’t matter. Or, we just don’t care about her personal trials and tribulations. Actually, the last woman to make a short-lived breakthrough in the HMI was Ti Fane with her captivating single ’Se Konmsi’’. We were expecting more from her but I haven’t heard from her since that video put her on the map.

Some personal issue in Eud’s statement? No doubt. But that doesn’t take away the essence of her testimony. That she should make it tomorrow in the HMI, we would know how hard she fought her way through. We would also have to show respect for her integrity. She clearly said she won’t prostitute herself. We are standing facing another Respectable, Courageous single mom Afrikan woman. Anything to retain here? In passing, we learn something a little deeper. Why Mr. Carel brushed off the subject of Rap music involving Eud when he had known the artist first hand. Food for thought. Personal friction seems to linger between the two. An evidence. But who was hurt and why?...

Is there anything we can learn from that reply from that young Haitian lady? I say yes. ’’She talks too much’’ just doesn’t add any dimension to the conversation. In a context of ‘’critical thinking’’, Eud’s reply could have been proposed for analysis, what would some have to say about it? That she talks too much. Dissecting Eud’s discourse would have been much better.

Pitit Ginen.

kompawoolala

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This girl is focus more on what radio station must do. If you have a business what ever make you money that's were you going with the business. Like i said before the problem is not the radio station, the problem is our haitian band they don't compose music anymore, the band are to lazy, you can't keep playing the same music over and over for years. Tell that girl how many cd's she had out for the last 3 years, she gave an example about Emmeline and Rihanna, for the last 3 years Rihanna has 2 brand new cd 's and Emmeline only has one, and also Rihanna being feature on a lot different cd with other artist. That girl need to redirect and hit the studio hard and focus on music leave the radio station alone.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompawoolala wrote:
This girl is focus more on what radio station must do. If you have a business what ever make you money that's were you going with the business. Like i said before the problem is not the radio station, the problem is our haitian band they don't compose music anymore, the band are to lazy, you can't keep playing the same music over and over for years. Tell that girl how many cd's she had out for the last 3 years, she gave an example about Emmeline and Rihanna, for the last 3 years Rihanna has 2 brand new cd 's and Emmeline only has one, and also Rihanna being feature on a lot different cd with other artist. That girl need to redirect and hit the studio hard and focus on music leave the radio station alone.

I mean no disrespect, but you really are not getting the point.

Please read her reply again.

owen1055

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just hope dont become one those Islands that have no culture to call their own. It is another case of us willing to import everything and not embrace our own. It is hard to be successful following someone else. I think it is a shame that we have a rich culture but we rather embrace something foreign. Now we have a bunch of fake rappers running emulating something that they see on TV.

I am a huge hip hop fan, but it sicken me when I see radio stations give it priority. I understand that they're playing what they think people want to hear, is just another example of us losing our identity and becoming a step child to a bigger culture.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: