Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - OLIVIER DURET WILL BE AT COMPASFEST ACCORDING TO............
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

OLIVIER DURET WILL BE AT COMPASFEST ACCORDING TO............

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: OLIVIER DURET WILL BE AT COMPASFEST ACCORDING TO............ Reply with quote Back to top

COMPASFEST stage manager RODRIGUE ALCINDOR told us this.

RODRIGUE ALCINDOR: "One of the requests made by the TPO team (Pierrot Al-Khal I was told) to the COMPASFEST crew was to push their time a little bit back so that it can allow OLIVIER DURET to have the time to return to Miami from Haiti (At President Martelly's inauguration) that day, so that he can perform with the crew TPO. The request was granted by COMPASFEST, so we expect OLIVIER DURET to be performing with TPO as per the team's request."

KM!

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Franchman si bagay TPO sa mache bien...i have a funny feeling oliver pap rete anpil tan nan Vice la....just a hunch Smile

GranBine

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
Franchman si bagay TPO sa mache bien...i have a funny feeling oliver pap rete anpil tan nan Vice la....just a hunch Smile

You may have a point here....He is a great performer. At first, I never thought much of his addition to T-Vice. His vocals yes, but stage presence not so much...Now I stand corrected...I was at a T-Vice performance last month and OliD did a fantastic job. Prior to last month, the last time I saw the group perform was in May 2009 and I was just dancing the night away, not paying much attention to the stage.

This time around, I was able to take it all in and OliD was really energized, he kept on making these high-pitch calls and winding his little hips. I was like whoa, where did all of this come from? It was quite a pleasant suprise. So who knows what the future holds for him but I do believe it's a bright future. Arrow

Ti Bob Danger

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know what, I been so eager to always talk about this "Affiliation" that Oli D has with TPO. I think being a part of a successful band like T-Vice is something that one should not take for granted. Olivier has to understand that he is a OFFICIAL member of T-Vice and there should be certain restrictions when it comes to gigs outside of T-Vice.

Like it or not Olivier is starting to be one of the faces of T-Vice, and what sense does it make for him to be performing with a upcoming group/artists like TPO??? What credibility have you put on your resume by doing so? I'm not saying that Oli can't work with TPO in the studio but Olivier shouldn't have had performed with TPO whatsoever and he should not do so in the near future!!! I know Olivier Duret as a musician/singer of T-Vice not no other group!

I find this Olivier/TPO thing very similar to the situation with T-Vice's ex conga player Ti Wes affiliation with rara bands and playing at voodoo ceremonies...after all that is one of the reasons why he was released by T-Vice right??? Talk about being hypocritical Rolling Eyes

Nonetheless I think it will very easy for TPO to find somebody to have as a singer with his group....in the mean time kite Olivier fe travay li nan T-Vice tande!

rkmrecordz

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ti Bob Danger wrote:

Like it or not Olivier is starting to be one of the faces of T-Vice, and what sense does it make for him to be performing with a upcoming group/artists like TPO??? What credibility have you put on your resume by doing so? I'm not saying that Oli can't work with TPO in the studio but Olivier shouldn't have had performed with TPO whatsoever and he should not do so in the near future!!! I know Olivier Duret as a musician/singer of T-Vice not no other group!!

Interesting response...So because he's an already established artist he can't/shouldn't land a hand to an upcoming artist? Obviously, if T-Vice was performing at the show, Olivier would have jumped on stage with TPO...so is your beef with Oliver performing with them or with T-Vice not being able to perform at the festival knowing that they could have played both gigs that day?

XXplosive

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ti Bob Danger wrote:
You know what, I been so eager to always talk about this "Affiliation" that Oli D has with TPO. I think being a part of a successful band like T-Vice is something that one should not take for granted. Olivier has to understand that he is a OFFICIAL member of T-Vice and there should be certain restrictions when it comes to gigs outside of T-Vice.

Like it or not Olivier is starting to be one of the faces of T-Vice, and what sense does it make for him to be performing with a upcoming group/artists like TPO??? What credibility have you put on your resume by doing so? I'm not saying that Oli can't work with TPO in the studio but Olivier shouldn't have had performed with TPO whatsoever and he should not do so in the near future!!! I know Olivier Duret as a musician/singer of T-Vice not no other group!

I find this Olivier/TPO thing very similar to the situation with T-Vice's ex conga player Ti Wes affiliation with rara bands and playing at voodoo ceremonies...after all that is one of the reasons why he was released by T-Vice right??? Talk about being hypocritical Rolling Eyes

Nonetheless I think it will very easy for TPO to find somebody to have as a singer with his group....in the mean time kite Olivier fe travay li nan T-Vice tande!

Interesting point of view, a litle to extreme but i get where you're coming from. Olivier is starting to be a key face in T-Vice but not the main face. He can and i would encourage him to be part of something on the side as long as it's not a kompa band. BUt he has to be careful about the TPO side project as well cause if they get a bad rep for something, it will inderectly be associated with T-Vice since Olivier is involve with them.

Ti Bob Danger

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rkmrecordz wrote:
Ti Bob Danger wrote:

Like it or not Olivier is starting to be one of the faces of T-Vice, and what sense does it make for him to be performing with a upcoming group/artists like TPO??? What credibility have you put on your resume by doing so? I'm not saying that Oli can't work with TPO in the studio but Olivier shouldn't have had performed with TPO whatsoever and he should not do so in the near future!!! I know Olivier Duret as a musician/singer of T-Vice not no other group!!

Interesting response...So because he's an already established artist he can't/shouldn't land a hand to an upcoming artist? Obviously, if T-Vice was performing at the show, Olivier would have jumped on stage with TPO...so is your beef with Oliver performing with them or with T-Vice not being able to perform at the festival knowing that they could have played both gigs that day?

I don't have a problem with Olivier giving a helping hand to any upcoming artist/group. As I stated before Olivier could always help out with STUDIO PROJECTS instead of performing live with another group besides T-Vice.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: