KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

LISTEN: CARIMI'S NEW SINGLE BAN'M PERMISSION WITH BLACK ALEX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Melokompa, let me get this straight so the only people who would use Black Alex simply for his skills as an artist is bands like Zenglen, Djakout and Nu Look BUT bands like CaRiMi, T-Vice, Sweet Micky, Kreyol La etc when they use an artist like Black Alex it is not because they want to add spice to their song or they actually think that Black Alex can be an asset to a song but it's because they want to show certain fans that have critiqued them in the past, that they are not bourgie bands but bands for all people and all social classes.

SAD STORY (Some things make you truly shake your head)

Gromosso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess Sweet Micky used Black Alex to push Denye Okazyon. Rolling Eyes

Tilouj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gromosso wrote:

Gro that is not what he means. He means that group like Carimi/t-vice since he did not add Micky but which I am pretty sure just slip his mind are using Black Alex because he is black. So, whenever someone play the race card or bourgeois crowd against those groups, they (Carimi/t-vice and Micky) can say we did a song with Black and not to push their album. At least that how I read what he wrote.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tilouj wrote:
Gromosso wrote:

Gro that is not what he means. He means that group like Carimi/t-vice since he did not add Micky but which I am pretty sure just slip his mind are using Black Alex because he is black. So, whenever someone play the race card or bourgeois crowd against those groups, they (Carimi/t-vice and Micky) can say we did a song with Black and not to push their album. At least that how I read what he wrote.

In that case, Papillon used Black Alex to push his song (can't recall the name of it).

Things you read that make you damn, what am I missing here! Rolling Eyes

PIYO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is nothing wrong with Carimi trying to expand his demographic market using Black Alex. It's just the way they used him on the track that does not sit well with me. Also as Tilouj said, the race issue is coming out more and more nowadays. Using Black Alex might be there card when they get hit. I'm like Carimi, but I think they have better track than that one.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Piyo, I like the song eventhough I think it's a remix of Player. But I like it nonetheless. Black Alex was underused in the song. He only had two verses

Madmwazel jevouzem
ou pa konnen kijan lavi'w ka bel

Oh well!

Raymi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've listened to the song a couple of times just to make sure that my ears were not failing me and I have to say that this song is really subpar.

The song does not necesaarily have to bring something new to make it a hit (Are U ready brought nothing new but it is definetely a hit).
But this song sounds like something an up and coming band would come out with, not a veteran group like Carimi.

I've said it and I will say it again, these musicians really need to take some time off from performing to go into the studio and come out with something that is suitable to their talents.

I refuse to believe tha a band who has such talented lyricists such as Carlo, Richard and Glenny and this is what they can produce.

A Refaire.
Grade C-

And Please don't waste Black Alex's talent in such a way. If he had a really good agent, they never would have let him do this song.

Much love
Raymi.

Melokompa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LADYKREOYOL
You may not like what i said regarding Black Alex being used by carimi and T-vice for to expand their demographic market and appease critics, but it's the danm true and that does not mean that i'm closed minded. You acted suprised that Carimi and T-Vice are not viewed as the bourgeoisie crowd and collaborating with Black Alex is a way to prove otherwise. Exposing the true is not ignorance, but it's something that needs to be appreciated. So keep lying to yourself.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: