KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DID NU LOOK DROP THE BALL WITH PEDI SHELBEW VIDEO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetkale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Raymi, I don't think I can add much to what you said...

NuLook wants to be known as the No. 1 yet they come out with a video that doesn't even come close to what the "other top" haitian bands outhere... Check out the lastest from: T-Vice, Zenglen, & Djakout even Kdans' latest is better...

I don't care how old the album is. If you're coming out with a product, COME PREPARED, no excuses...

Video pa bon e li pap ede koz NuLook...

Choices, not luck make up someones destiny...

haitianqueen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sanrick, Tetkale, Raymi, do you think this Video will hurt Nu-look and there status in the HMI?Why?

Tetkale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HaitianQueen,

Yes I think it will heart NuLook. A video is supposed to introduce a band to a new fan base and solidify the current one. In NuLook's case, this video portrays them as a band that is not serious about what they put out. In today's market, it's not only about good music. You need to have a "balanced" package.

Here on the board most of us agreed that NuLook has great quality music, why don't they bring a good quality video for a good quality album.

On djaz pa oblije fè video, men si wap fè youn fè'l byen...

This video will not help NuLook to get to where they want to be: "In the elite of the konpa world". The current NuLook fans will keep on supporting the band because they know what they are capable of on record and live but they are not going to get new ones. Si mwen pa janm tande NuLook live e ke mwen renmen Cd a se pa video sa kap fè'm anvi al nan bal yo.

Keep in mind this is not there first video... they've had better videos.

Choices, not luck make up someones destiny...

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Nu Look for this video, it may not be the next best thing but I understand since the album is almost 2yrs old...Now fans want a video, they get a video Rolling Eyes It's not that bad! Just missing Arly...Anyway next step is Souvenir's video, the promotion of the lives and I think a duet album between Alan Cavé and Arly Larivière Razz

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pAT,AS MUCH AS I AM A FAN OF NULOOK, MWNE POTE JAZZ LA SOU KE'M

BUT I WASN'T INTERESTED NAN VIDEO SAAA

IT IS WAY OVER DUE

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SOUVENIR VIDEO/ I THIN THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF DOING THAT. DIDN'T SOMEONE ON KM GIVE A CONCEPT FOR IT.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
This video will not help NuLook to get to where they want to be: "In the elite of the konpa world". The current NuLook fans will keep on supporting the band because they know what they are capable of on record and live but they are not going to get new ones. Si mwen pa janm tande NuLook live e ke mwen renmen Cd a se pa video sa kap fè'm anvi al nan bal yo.

Haitianqueen, that's exactly what I was gonna tell you. Thanks Tetkale. I'm a Nulook fan, I will always listen to their music or support them however if I wasn't a fan of the band, video sa pa tap fe'm vin yon fan.

Again, yo pedi shelbe yo

Stwilguens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: DID NU LOOK DROP THE BALL WITH PEDI SHELBEW VIDEO? Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
The reviews for the new NU LOOK music video from the KM Members have NOT been that good.

Did NU LOOK drop the ball somewhat with the release of the video?

What do u think?

KM!

Pat, drop the ball in what sense?
It is by showing clearly whom they are talking to?
There is a part on that video that reminds a lot of Gracia on the BS PRODUCTION vidoe of Zenglen and there's that other part where they're showing a guy that's imitating Pouchon of Djakout.

The video itself is a waste, I am sorry to say that but it is.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I spoke to Arly last night at La Nuit Des Jeunes. The "Souvenir" video is indeed on the way according to him.

KM!

JMPerry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For a video that took that long to come out, it seemed pretty rushed to me. Concept is not bad but the production of it lacked in my opinion. Like we all said, it's not going to get them new fans per say but it won't hurt them either due to their established fan base at this point.

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

Madman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote Back to top

Anmwey.....................!!!!!!!

Yanvalo... I am now on my knees begging to have you as a fan... cause you are truly devoted my friend with loyalty like that I wouldn't need anything else...... Very Happy

Raymi & tetkale Bravo!!!!!

Madman.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: