KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DID NU LOOK DROP THE BALL WITH PEDI SHELBEW VIDEO?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: DID NU LOOK DROP THE BALL WITH PEDI SHELBEW VIDEO? Reply with quote Back to top

The reviews for the new NU LOOK music video from the KM Members have NOT been that good.

Did NU LOOK drop the ball somewhat with the release of the video?

What do u think?

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Sanrick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, it's one of the worst video that I haver ever seen and coming from Nulook, It's a no no. I expected much from them.

Like I said before "YO PEDI SHELBE YO" nan video sa

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well not really , it's a vidio low budget that we seen before and since it's from an old album i could deal with it. Atleast they try since we been crying for one. let's not go that far.

Why would they spend mega bucks on a video for a cd thats been out a while. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad we ask for it let'ss deal with it. It's not different from any vidio we seen lately excluding T-vice. . The video serve it's purpose.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
haitianqueen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don' t think they did, like yanvaloo said "Why would they spend mega bucks on a video for a cd thats been out a while. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad we ask for it let'ss deal with it. It's not different from any vidio we seen lately excluding T-vice. . The video serve it's purpose."

I think Nu-look did a great job, the song is 1 1/2 year old, they honestly did not need to release a video,however, they did. I'm sure they only released it to please there fans. So we need to give Nu-look there credit. The song is great, in all honesty, it made it's way up without the video, and the song will only get better with or without the video.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haitianqueen wrote:
I don' t think they did, like yanvaloo said "Why would they spend mega bucks on a video for a cd thats been out a while. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad we ask for it let'ss deal with it. It's not different from any vidio we seen lately excluding T-vice. . The video serve it's purpose."

I think Nu-look did a great job, the song is 1 1/2 year old, they honestly did not need to release a video,however, they did. I'm sure they only released it to please there fans. So we need to give Nu-look there credit. The song is great, in all honesty, it made it's way up without the video, and the song will only get better with or without the video.

Thanyou we Haitian Nou Pleyin trop ............. And that's the power of Km and were here complaining so they did so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee Deal with it

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We can agree that the video isnt great....

But I was against making the video, in the first place. After a certain time, you cant just make a video. Point blank.

And Yanvaloo is right, people were begging for a VIDEO and I understand why, but the band didnt need it. The band was KICKING ass LIVE and still is.

There is no PURPOSE for Nu Look to DROP ANY VIDEO for the Still News CD.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yanvaloo

Are u saying that the KM MEMBERS that complained about the video have NO RIGHT to express their opinion about the video?

KM!

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Yanvaloo

Are u saying that the KM MEMBERS that complained about the video have NO RIGHT to express their opinion about the video?

KM!

woyyyyyyyyyyyy. Au contraire........... and i i'm expresing KM power here , and if they didn't express their opinion here I bet you and you could try to prove it to me there wouldnt have been no Video here.

So that said it was good and they did , And they did so to please the critick but there was no need for it. Beleive it or not KM is a big part of the reason they did that Video.

So to answer your question Mr KM it was right , the Fans wanted it and they did what they had to do . And they did it at a low cost but still work, and to tell you the truth even with a few exception that's the same thing we been getting for a while.

THEY DID WHAT THEY HAD TO DO. And i like it just the way it is even if if it's not perferct. It serve the purpose. Wink

haitianqueen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanvaloo wrote:
kompamagazine wrote:
Yanvaloo

KM!

woyyyyyyyyyyyy. Au contraire........... and i i'm expresing KM power here , and if they didn't express their opinion here I bet you and you could try to prove it to me there wouldnt have been no Video here.

So that said it was good and they did , And they did so to please the critick but there was no need for it. Beleive it or not KM is a big part of the reason they did that Video.

So to answer your question Mr KM it was right , the Fans wanted it and they did what they had to do . And they did it at a low cost but still work, and to tell you the truth even with a few exception that's the same thing we been getting for a while.

THEY DID WHAT THEY HAD TO DO. And i like it just the way it is even if if it's not perferct. It serve the purpose. Wink

Well said Mr. Yanvaloo

Raymi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NU Look Dropped the ball big time by releasing this low budget nightmare of a video.

What's the role of a vidoe anyway? We could say that it's a viusal representation of the band. It is used to promote the band's music.

If Pat were to announce today that Tvice or Carimi had a new video out, without even seeing it once, we'd already know that it would be professional and visually appealing.

More than anything I beleive one of the top goal of a video is also promote the band outside the haitian market.
Do we think it's by coincidence that groups such as Carmi and Tvice are so popular in the French Antilles.
I showed the Carimi's Bokotew and Tive's Pou jan ou pale to a couple of non-haitian friends of mine at school, and their first impression was: Nice video, Good music.
One followed the other. Without The video's story line and vivid imagery, would they be as interested in a group that's foreign to them: NO.

It speaks volume when a group like Tkabzy can produce a better video then NU LOOK....(I say their video of relax also had an impact in their popularity in the Antilles).

This cannot be looked at from a standpoint of Well the Cd's already selling, The haitian public wants a video, so here' s a lackluster video showing a bunch of guys bragging about Crysytal.

Accepting this video will only let this band know that its fans will accept anything from them in the name of fanaticism.

Li Pa bon. A Refaire.

Much love
Raymi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: