KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HIV TEST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: HIV TEST Reply with quote Back to top

Would you ask your partner, boyfriend/girlfriend, future husband/wife to take an HIV test before going further in a relationship, before having a sexual relationship, or before marriage?

Have you done it already?

How would you react if he/she ask you to do the same thing? Would you do it eventually?

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It better safe than sorry...there is never a wrong time to ask someone about that, and it wouldn't hurt to do it together....and especailly if they have ahd a past......

Times have changed and it is not uncommon to meet someone who has slept with several partners (more than 2).

The only way I can see it being a potential issue with your mate, is if they claim that they are virgins. Cool

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon mwen menm mwen pa nan bagay sa yo anko, but if i had to start all over, hell yeah and if you don't want to, m'ap kembe pot la ouvert pou ou.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Yes surtout nan tan ke nap viv la...anvan nou ouve le kow fok nou konn kote nou kanpe Rolling Eyes

belchokola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i would ask him for a HIV exam before getting deeper into the relationship. If not I ask when was his last exam...and if he does have proof of his status. This is something I need to know.

Yes, I've done it before...asking for proof, and or asking him to do a HIV test.

I'd be pleased that he did ask me as it shows he too values his life. Nobody is perfect and we all go through things...I just want to be certain that I'm not catching anything.

Chachou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: HIV TEST Reply with quote Back to top

PhizUniq wrote:
Would you ask your partner, boyfriend/girlfriend, future husband/wife to take an HIV test before going further in a relationship, before having a sexual relationship, or before marriage?

Have you done it already?

How would you react if he/she ask you to do the same thing? Would you do it eventually?

Yes I would and Yes I have! I wouldn't react any differently if I were asked to take an HIV test specifically because I know I keep my crap clean! Being married to the person I am married to leaves room for doubts at times because he is constantly on the road but I'm sure he sometimes stops and thinks about the possibilities of the flip side as well. Trust is a very big factor in a relationship like mine but being oblivious and stupid is not an option either Laughing

By the way this HIV thing is very real for me. My very good friend's sister--a as we Haitians call them "zu-zu" died of AIDS a couple of years ago and it was really sad because the girl was just too freakin young Crying or Very sad I overheard a conversation one day where some girl was talking about she knew this girl who had AIDS and that her mentality was when she goes to Haiti or Haitan events depuis on gacon mandél soti li soti se pa vini gacon an ki pou sovél because li pa di si li gin AIDS and li pa mind couché ak n'importe gacon ki besoin couché ak li.

Beware men and women because people with this disease are often bitter and feel that a man or a woman gave it to them and so they will spread the wealth! Rolling Eyes Gacon Haitien ki rinmin fanm a gauche fanm a droite yo pran note Laughing

"The Brightest Future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches." Anonymous

Young70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, yes and yes again. My husband and I had it done before we got married. Better safe than sorry.

Young70!

PrincessSaSa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phiz, absolutely YES! You can never be too safe nowadays. Also, BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.
We will take it together. This way he can feel more at ease and understand more.
My thought, WHY NOT?

konpadiva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I don’t see why not. If you are to engage sexually it should be done. However, there are cases you may not need too if the person was only involved with One other person which was years before. During the time of celibacy the individual had been tested so they are clean up until meeting you. In any case, both should do it together, more so like a “date”. Although, the two of you have tested, another test should be done every so often, especially if you have an instinct with trust with the person. You may love the person; however, Men/Women are sneaky sometimes and may slip and sleep with someone on the side. Protection may be used, but you never know the person may catch something and give it to you. And you being trustworthy you never get tested again because you are in a relationship and may be carrying something and you don’t even know it. Just because you test in the beginning does not mean you should not test again. You may find out something the next time around.

cici

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yes for sure!!! If I get married, I would want to know if my husband does not carry a disease [ just for my sake and his]. Just food for thought!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: