KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DJAKOUT PROFITE: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: DJAKOUT PROFITE: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

Better late than never.....Here is the official KOMPA MAGAZINE song by song cd review of their latest release.

*PROFITE: Straight up hit out the box to kick off the cd is a brilliant move. It puts the listener in the mood. For some reason, it brings back memories of LA FAMILIA CD in terms of the musical vibe. Very easy call and chant that is easy to learn, and we are not surprised that it is creating havoc on the HMI bal circuit, as well as on the radio.

*REYALITE A: Beautiful intro with the classical piano by Ti Pouch. Sounds a bit different than what we are used to hearing from Djakout on the slow music front, with the exception of Pouchon's vocals. It certainly has a touch of Zouk Love circa 1990's; how do I know, I used to be a Zouk fanatic from that period with thousands of cds/albums. The female voices singing the chorus "Mwen Mande Retounin" adds a nice touch to the track. Make no mistake about it, the keyboard SOUNDS used by TI POUCH on there are UP TO DATE. I like that part when Pouchon says "Ti Pouch, Play on...You the best man". DREAD LA in top form vocally on this track. It is no surprise that many people love this song.

*PALE FRANSE: Djakout & Shabba making fun of the Shabba/French interview fiasco from a couple years ago. In terms of the lyrics, nothing special because it is not meant to be a serious song. The song does not officially start until RORO comes with that "DI DIAB BONJOU...PA DI'L BONJOU" part. DJAKOUT KANPE AN ZO BLOOD on this song like they actually refer to on the track. PURE DJAKOUT RABORDAY STYLEE HEAVEN on this one. Very exciting track with the TI REGI/KEYTAR formula in full effect on this one. Shabba always finds a way to get his hands on parts that will be popular with the crowd, and on this track it is no different with "PRAL PALE...SHABBA PRAL PALE FRANCE" One of the most exciting tracks on the cd in terms of what should please the crowds at bals.

*MARYAJ FOSE: The group slows it down on this very serious topic of forced marriages. For whatever reason, on this cd, their slow tracks are more mature MUSICALLY than in past cds. Very danceable "Ploge style" track despite the seriousness of the message.

*SHAKE DADA: Another one of these BAL SLOGANS that the band usually does damage with at bals, this one about the posterior as illustrated in the title "SHAKE DADA". While the actual "filler" in the song is nothing to go crazy about, THE CATCHY PARTS MORE THAN MAKE UP FOR IT and it is an almost guarantee that it will become one of the best crowd pleasers on the bal circuit for the band. That keyboard part before the "SE PA LAJEUR A...SE PA GROSSEUR A" with that "O O OH OH OH" chant is very memorable, as is the end when the girl says "POUCHON...NE TOUCHE PA A MON DADA OK?"

*PREMYE LO:This is the song that I kept rewinding over and over and over again when I first heard the CD. That is also what I told Shabba when he first had me listen to the cd in my car. MY FAVORITE SONG ON THE CD HANDS DOWN. SAN BATAY...SAN MANTI...I think it is the best song on the cd. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT SONG. There is a keyboard sound that sounds just like "That's what friends are For" (Dionne Warwick/Elton John) just before the "PREMYE LO" chorus. ANMWEY..ANMWEY...ANMWEY.....GADE YON MIZIK. The music and the words simply go extremely well together, and POUCHON's voice delivers the message home STRAIGHT TO THE HEART. Mizik sa fe dlo soti nan je'm...and not too many songs do that. (SOUVENIR from Nu Look, and Ayiti Pap Kraze from TVice are 2 that come to mind). DJAKOUT NEEDS TO PUSH this track big time...and I do mean with a MUSIC VIDEO as well. While people are raving about "Reyalite -a", in my opinion, it does not touch this beautiful masterpiece.

*NOU RENOUVLE POUVWA: The song has a serious message and some good grooves to accompany it. The "GARDE A VOU...A VOS ORDRES" skit will do the typical Djakout noise at bals, and basically helps DJAKOUT solidify their tag as one of the top bands where you are guaranteed to have a GREAT TIME when you go see them perform. FORMULE LA se MESSAGE SERIEUX mixed in with a KICK ASS GROOVE to make sure you LISTEN while you are JUMPING UP & DOWN to the tune. It works on this song to a charm.

*MWEN ENVESTI: A song that many guys that have gone through a breakup will relate to. When a guy invests in a relationship/marriage and it does not work, that's pretty much the story of this tune. This mid-tempo tune is very different than the others on the cd. While the topic is a sad one, the song MUSICALLY is actually "not" a down song. The SA FE'M MAL" chorus actually has a very happy feeling to it...WITH SAD WORDS. You would have to listen to the song to understand what I am saying. This is actually a SAD SONG that you will find YOUR HANDS UP SINGING & BOPPING YOUR HEAD TO.

*BRI SAPAT: Song that was released before many many months before the album. The song continues the notion that DJAKOUT is "DJAZZ PEYI A" as they express the complaints of what the majority of Haitians in Haiti would want to say.

*MWEN BA'W DEFI: The keyboard intro caught my attention big time. Djakout basically daring you to live without LANMOU (Love). A nice feel good song that does NOT have Djakout's identity from the past, and it works. MY SECOND FAVORITE SONG ON THE CD (Very close to PREMYE LO)...unfortunately MWEN SUSPEK YO PAP JANM JWE MIZIK SA LIVE because it is not formatted for that; but I really hope that they do because it is a MUSICAL GEM. When you sing the chorus you can't help but close your eyes and have a smile on your face.

*PROS: The major difference for DJAKOUT on this cd are the LOVE/SLOW tracks. They are more mature, catchier, and I believe will make a bigger impact for the band than recent slow tracks they've had on their cds.

*POUCHON "DREAD LA" Duverger FE GOL SOU PLAK SA vocally. A nice comeback especially after his critics wanted to throw him to the wolves after the JISTIS CD. DREAD LA RETOUNIN IN FULL FORCE.

*TI REGI, TI POUCH, and SHABBA scored on this cd with their compositions. The 2 keyboardists introduced new sounds/grooves and style to the band ON THE SLOW SONGS, and in the process reinvented themselves in that department.

*CONS: I am not sure if I would even qualify it as a CON because the same RABORDAY STYLE songs that I might think people "could" get tired of, SE YO MINM KAP KONTINUE KRAZE BAL YO...so as long as the fans keep eating it up, the group will keep feeding it to them. SE ZAM YO SA!

I really enjoyed this DJAKOUT #1 CD. A great weapon for the group in 2011 as it seems that many bands are stepping up their game on the cd front. DJAKOUT DI LI PAP RETE DEYE, so they went to the studio and came out with a product that will keep them competitive in this market...and it could actually help them move up the HMI ladder in the process. EXTREMELY GOOD JOB.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

yef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well said, Pat, premye lo is indeed an awesome track!! I'm loving it big time!!!

-Fabrice Rouzier

passionkompa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good and fair review Pat

I do like premye lo and mwen investi but musicaly mwen ba-ou defi is the best

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, we share almost the same exact opinion on this CD. I would swear I wrote this review. LOL

PREMYE LO IS MY ISH!!! I even have my 4 year old niece singing the words to this song, telman mwen jwe'l. I spoke about it so much someone sent me a ringtone for it! (Thanks again pal!) Laughing Pouchon sings this with so much emotion that it is no surprise that a tear can fall from your eyes. HANDS DOWN! This is my favorite track on this album. Very Happy

I really love this album. I congratulate Djakout #1 again for such a great job.

wallywal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

better late than never Laughing
misik ke mwen pa fin rinmin sou album nan se "SHAKE DADA" a part de ca tout reste chante sou album bon. Mwen ba'w defi is on of my favorite favorite song on the cd

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEF, PASSIONKOMPA, and DAREALNESSA

DJAKOUT fe GOL avek PREMYE LO a. I hope the popularity of "REYALITE A" does NOT kill the strong buzz for "PREMYE LO".

DON'T sleep on MWEN BA'W DEFI....even though I don't see how they will play it LIVE for the song to have a "great" impact like it does on cd.....but PREMYE LO a SE SA NET!!!!!!

KM!

tripplej19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well said Pat, this whole album is good. Djakout#1 has really done it. My 2 favorite songs are Reyalite & Premye lo. Premye lo is on repeat mode anytime, anyday, anywhere. Good job guys.

FoFo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH! dlo sot nan yeux menm! ahh Pat msuspek
on ti Histoire cahée oui! Laughing
Reyalite have that effect on me! 1er Lot came
close!

Very nice review! Album sa se yon master piece!
i listen to it, at work, at home, in da car,
in da shower, nan domi, 24/7!
D#1 (and the others): Bon bagay TOUTAN.

FoFo #1♥

Last edited by FoFo on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
YEF, PASSIONKOMPA, and DAREALNESSA

DJAKOUT fe GOL avek PREMYE LO a. I hope the popularity of "REYALITE A" does NOT kill the strong buzz for "PREMYE LO".

DON'T sleep on MWEN BA'W DEFI....even though I don't see how they will play it LIVE for the song to have a "great" impact like it does on cd.....but PREMYE LO a SE SA NET!!!!!!

KM!

If that is the case, Pat, and MWEN BA'W DEFI is the sleeper, then Djakout #1 should just go with that song for the next video. Give it a well produced extraordinary video and bring it to life. Idea

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FOFO amour...PA GIN HISTOIRE ak towo sa manman Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MET GRANMOUN SOU OU WI FOFO Laughing Laughing Laughing

On the real, certain songs have a certain effect on you....and it is what it is. Nothing wrong with that Sephora.

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: