KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KREYOL LA EVOLUTION: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tino_Mix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great review as always!
Kreyol La fe gro goal avek cd sa.
Si'w di ou pa renmen album sa. Konnen ou manke yon bagay problemmmmmmmmmmmmmm
(Tjoe's voice) Laughing Laughing Laughing

My favs: Yon Ti Dans, Oui Ou Non, Cheri'm Gueri, Avew La Verite & Move Flanne (Gro yanm) Laughing Laughing
Kreyol La crew good job guys!

Mélomane Tno

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
owen1055

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far the KREYOL LA is by far my favorite cd, no disrespect to all the other bands bc some of them are really good. I dont have to skip any song on the cd.

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review Pat, this is simply a great album. Indeed this guy is a story teller, misie few santi ke lap pale avew nan misik yo. I can't wait to see them live.......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Gromosso

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I said it before and I'm saying it again, Evolution son CD san pran souf li ye.

I've been listening to this album without skipping one single song since its release Thanksgiving weekend. Evolution shows a lot of musical maturity across the board by the band. It's an excellent CD. Evolution and T-Vice's "Welcome To Haiti" are two cds that I refer to as SPS (San Pran Souf) amongst the albums that have been released for the past year; I haven't stopped listening to them.

Excellent CD Kreyol La Very Happy

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PhizUniq wrote:
DJ Kreyol wrote:
SIROMYEL wrote:
Thks Pat,

I will disagree with you on two points.

1. the kick off track on this album sucks at every level. The song might be great live. But I just can't get into it on the studio album.

Siro,

I want you to do SOMETHING, when you have time.

Take a drive, down a highway, make sure you haven't been drinking.

Put down at least one window.

Play that SONG and wait for the KEYBOARD groove and tell me you don't feel that song.

And even that KEYTAR groove towards the end is SICK.

:lol:

Fem faveur sa.

The SONG is not that HORRIBLE the way you have proclaimed.

Mezanmi DJ Kreyol!!!!!!!!!!!

Gad'on groove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's usually what I do. I mostly listen to "M'ap Boure" when driving.

Syromiel anraje pou li di mizik sa suck. Jan groove sa rantre la, ou paka pa santi l' :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought the song was really bad when I was reading some people's comments about that song before listening to the album, especially Syromiel. Well it was the very first song that caught my attention. It just fits perfectly as the kick off track.

The only thing I don't really like in the song is when they cool it down in the middle with the English part.

Men apre sa... GROOVE!!!!!! Men konpa! Woy! M'ap boure wi..... boure boure w'........

Syromiel, please do what DJK told you.

Hahahaha LOL!

I can't do that sorry.

This song just gets under my skin. Everything about it. I don't think I can ever like it.

As far as the grooves, they are good. Which is why i say the song could be great live.

And I don't drive with the windows down when I have my music blasting.

Just because I want to listen to a song, doesn't mean everybody else does.

And besides, it's too much wind!

The one song that nobody talks about is the song featuring MIKA. It's a good song.

One thing about it, it could have easily featured on a CARIMI CD.

And the words "sa pa fou yo fou se nou'k fe yo krezi. Makes you wonder if this song was maybe meant for a krezi album.

Ernst

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: KREYOL LA EVOLUTION: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

Once again good job Pat. Map boure should not open the cd. This is solid cd,but I don't think there is hit song on the cd. It's imperative that a band has a hit song on a cd. A song that we'll make people remember the cd. Overall, it's a very good cd.

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great review KM!

Kreyol La has given me exactly what I’ve expected. I have this CD on heavy rotation. If Kreyol La don’t become one of the top contenders with T-Vice, CaRiMi, and Djakout with this LP, nou mechan. Like the review, this LP se “San Pran Souf.”

vava

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GREAT REAVIEW PAT AS ALWAYS Wink

THIS HAS GOT TO BE MY 2ND FAVE CD OF ALL TIME, WHERE I LISTEN TO THE WHOLE ALBUM NON-STOP. I WAS THE SAME WAY WITH BELDJAZ VAN VIRE.

IM NOT AN APACH, BUT THEY DID AN AWESOME JOB WITH THIS CD.

I USUALLY SKIPPED MAP BOURE, FOR SOME REASON. I DID HEAR IT LIVE & IT WAS GREAT BUT STILL NOT ABLE TO DIGEST THE STUDIO VERSION.
MY FAVES: AVWE LA VERITE, CHERI'M GUERI, FOLLI, FRUSTRATION, MOVE FLANNE, OUI OU NON, MENNAJ OU ENEVE'M, DANM I LOVE THE WHOLE DANM THING EXCEPT FOR LIKE 2 SONGS. Laughing Laughing Laughing
GREAT JOB KREYOL LA

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
ERNST: Once again good job Pat. Map boure should not open the cd. This is solid cd,but I don't think there is hit song on the cd. It's imperative that a band has a hit song on a cd. A song that we'll make people remember the cd. Overall, it's a very good cd.

Have you gotten the chance to see KREYOL LA perform "FRUSTRATION" (Also known as "KA*A VOYE" and "PLON GAYE" LIVE to see the crowd reaction?

KM!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat for the review!!!!

The issue regarding Map Boure is it is a nice track solid work by T-Ansyto and I give my hat down to the dude he is a solid keyboardist and musical arranger no doubt about that. The grooves was tight and this is new twist which can work.

The problem why some just cannot dig it though, no disrespect to T-Ansyto here, his vocals did not hit the right notes in the song. It seemed to some to be bit disjointed but that is the magic of the song though. People ears in the HMI are accustomed to constant formula beats and when they get something new they seem lost. T-Ansyto needed to have his vocals smooth over the beat but it seemed at times he was trying to overpower it which to some seem like screaming or djoling.

Too me, it fits right because it is a solid and very well arranged song and maybe what T-Ansyto did hear get those to be introduced to something fresh and new.

To me the cd is solid and on point!!!!

I endorse this product 1000000%

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: