KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DJAKOUT PROFITE: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoFo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
FoFo wrote:

All sarcasm aside, DJK, i would love
to hear ur opinion/comments on the album.

lol...ou su sa Fofovice??? Laughing Laughing

Mais oui Dadaph#1 Very Happy
mta renmen konn kisa DK penser,
no bias. real talk...

FoFo #1♥

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
Realite: Great song....

Mwen Ba'w Defi: This is the BEST song on the record.

After that.... no comment.

DAMN YOU DJ Kreyol.. se pou sa mwen gwo fanatik ou wi Zanmi'm! Very Happy Great minds think alike.. and we stay thinking alike on a Musical cloud...

I agree with you.. Mwen Ba'w Defi is MYYY personal best song on the Album. I usually have it on a repeat rotation. Reyalite is also a nice one but not my favorite. Not many list Premye Lo as their top but it landed on MY top. Their slow jams definitely worked for me...

The rest of the album.. IDK.. Pwofite is my fav' uptempo jam. The rest are okay but rarely listen to them. They never stuck on me. I give my top 4 rotation on a heavy moveman.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FoFo wrote:
DJ Kreyol wrote:
DJ Kreyol wrote:

After that.... no comment.[/quote]

are you sure about that??? Very Happy Cool

Pretty sure.

Seriously.

I think those TWO songs are GEMS. In fact "Mwen Ba'w Defi" is one of the best songs that has come out this year.

However, the rest of the CD, in my opinion, is more of the same and I am not really impressed.

I think the HEAVIER TRACKS in the "Profit" CD in terms of composition are worse than the HEAVIER TRACKS in the "Jitis" CD.

The "Jitis" CD was an ISSUE with GROSS or BAD/HORRIBLE MIXING. However there were GOOD songs on there, if you get over the MIXING. However, "Pwoblem" to me is a MUCH better song than "Profite". "Jitis" is much better than "Pale Franse" or "Shake Dada". When I mean better song, I am talking about IMPACT, GROOVE and COMPOSITION.

So what I am basically is saying is this...

You take the SLOW TRACKS from the "Profite" CD and you take the HEAVY SONGS and MIX them PROPERLY from the "Jitis" CD, then maybe Djakout has a CD that is near the level of the "Manniguetta" and "La Familia" CDs. Meaning you have a BALANCED CD.

But again that's my opinion.

What's yours?

Last edited by DJ Kreyol on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just opened my player just to hear Pwofite. Its definitely my favorite Uptempo on this album. I "Head-bop" so hard to this song, Im surprised I haven't snapped my neck out of place... Allooo RICKYYY!!...

Aaahhhh shiittttttt.... Pwofiteeee lavie moun pa anyen...

Main mwen!.. Main mwen! whhhaaatttt... Yup. My Ish right thurr! Smile

kelly2k08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat for the review i think the djakout cd is ok but not that great.
i think reyalite is a nice song but i dont think djakout will capitalize with it cause its not their style.

premye lo is a far better song than reyalite

as far as uptempo pwofite is the killer lot yo i dont like how they structured in the cd but apart from that lobey la gen yon 6 mois nan li anko apre sa pwoblem

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Neg2byen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kelly2k08 wrote:
Thanks Pat for the review i think the djakout cd is ok but not that great.
i think reyalite is a nice song but i dont think djakout will capitalize with it cause its not their style.

premye lo is a far better song than reyalite

as far as uptempo pwofite is the killer lot yo i dont like how they structured in the cd but apart from that lobey la gen yon 6 mois nan li anko apre sa pwoblem

Ala mechan... Anyway great review as always Pat!

FoFo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
FoFo wrote:
DJ Kreyol wrote:
DJ Kreyol wrote:

After that.... no comment.[/quote]

are you sure about that??? Very Happy Cool

Pretty sure.

Seriously.

I think those TWO songs are GEMS. In fact "Mwen Ba'w Defi" is one of the best songs that has come out this year.

However, the rest of the CD, in my opinion, is more of the same and I am not really impressed.

I think the HEAVIER TRACKS in the "Profit" CD in terms of composition are worse than the HEAVIER TRACKS in the "Jitis" CD.

The "Jitis" CD was an ISSUE with GROSS or BAD/HORRIBLE MIXING. However there were GOOD songs on there, if you get over the MIXING. However, "Pwoblem" to me is a MUCH better song than "Profite". "Jitis" is much better than "Pale Franse" or "Shake Dada". When I mean better song, I am talking about IMPACT, GROOVE and COMPOSITION.

So what I am basically is saying is this...

You take the SLOW TRACKS from the "Profite" CD and you take the HEAVY SONGS and MIX them PROPERLY from the "Jitis" CD, then maybe Djakout has a CD that is near the level of the "Manniguetta" and "La Familia" CDs. Meaning you have a BALANCED CD.

But again that's my opinion.

What's yours?

mte bay li deja! Laughing Laughing
You made a couple of great points. thnks!
(u see Dadaph Cool )

FoFo #1♥

JBMIX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WELL PAT GOOD JOB OF REVIEWING THIS VERY GOOD CD THAT'S MY BAND DJAKOUT#1 FOR MY OPIONION I LOVE REALITE THIS SONG WHEN I FIRST HEARD IT,IT WAS BASE ON A PREVIEWS RELATIONSHIP I HAD I EVEN COPY THE SONG SEND IT TO HER IT WAS REALLY TOUCHY FROM MY PART I LOVE IT SO MUCH I TOLD THE GUYS FROM DJAKOUT....SE SA BAY......

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite songs are:

maryaj fose. Very groovy song.mizik saa pral dous nan bal anpil.

MWEN BA OU DEFI. Very nice song.

Pat, premye lo is probably my least favorite song on this album.

The fact that DJAKOUT has songs that I can actually listen to on this album says a lot.

I don't like shake dada per se, but as Pat says, I am forced to listen to it because of the keyboard solo with that OOOOHH part. I simply love it.

Heart 2 Heart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
YEF, PASSIONKOMPA, and DAREALNESSA

DJAKOUT fe GOL avek PREMYE LO a. I hope the popularity of "REYALITE A" does NOT kill the strong buzz for "PREMYE LO".

DON'T sleep on MWEN BA'W DEFI....even though I don't see how they will play it LIVE for the song to have a "great" impact like it does on cd.....but PREMYE LO a SE SA NET!!!!!!

KM!

PAT IT'S STILL EARLY DON'T WORRY IT'S IN THE MAKING Laughing Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: