Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: HMI World
|Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:32 pm Post subject: 2010 GROUP OF THE YEAR KM AWARD WINNER IS.................
|*2010 Winner: CARIMI
*2009 Winner: NU LOOK
*2008 Winner: NU LOOK
*2007 Winner: T-VICE
*2006 Winner: NU LOOK
*PART 1 is a short resume from us about what went down
*PART 2 shows you the number of votes + WHO voted for them on the 50 Member panel.
*PART 3 are some of the QUOTES from members of our panel FOR THAT CATEGORY.
The award goes to CARIMI
*CARIMI is the 2010 GROUP OF THE YEAR as they edge out DISIP by a few votes for the honor.
1) CARIMI (22 Votes)
Herve Bastien, DJ Mingolove, Tropidisc Ti Michel, Jude Severe Zenglen, Mick Rafrechi, Ti Lunet, Reshka, Sanders, Nandy Georges, Rodney Noel, Princess Sassa, Kenny Desmangles, Ti Regi Djakout, Arly Lariviere, Nivens, Black EZ, Papa Jube, Alix Nozile Nu Look, Jaz Enterprise, AD Mizik, Sexybeef
2) DISIP DE GAZZMAN (11 Votes)
Richard Cave, Roro Irene Nu Look, Papito SO NICE, Vlad Kreyol La, Flav, Jethro Bizou, Roberto Martino, Jean Max Valcourt, Mass Doudou, Fito Farinen, Lavaud.
3) T-VICE (6 Votes)
Katalog, A2Z, Staff Poze, Nickenson Prudhomme, Dabenz, Junior Moschino
4) FASIL (5 Votes)
Ti Joe Zenny, Frero, Fanfan Epav, Moryl Gattereau, Bretner Delux
5) HARMONIK (3 Votes)
Ralph Delly, Mike Delux, Moise Tempo
6) NU LOOK (1 Vote)
*****2 People did "could" not vote*****
*FABRICE ROUZIER: "A tossup between TVICE AND CARIMI. Dead even in my book."
*RICHIE: "NU Look. Gen fè Hit gen pran Hit. Yo pran yon gwo fwap men yo kenbe. Respè-a pou mwen menm se pou yo (Arly and crew)."
*FITO FARINEN: "Disip has to be the group of the year after carimi.. they had the most buzz.. but it wasn't because of the album it was because of Gazzman."
*NICKENSON: "T-Vice to me. T-vice is very Hot. Se youn nan band ki jwe plus nan week end yo sel leu yo off se leu yap fe album yo.avek DISIPLINE neg sa yo no doubt ."
*ROBERTO MARTINO: "If we are talking about 2010 i can say that dISIP had a pretty good run specially without an album for most of the part. A lot of people say that it was the curiosity factor and they will have to prove these people wrong, but so far they had a great showing for 2010
*KENNY DESMANGLES: "Carimi they had a wonderful year after their BUZZ release, they've sold out Zenith, that says it all!."
*SANDERS: "CARIMI A GREAT CD PREDICTS A GREAT PERFORMING YEAR."
*MOISE (Tempo): "This is a tough category. Every single band listed is worthy of being nominated. Reginald Cange/Fasil is the epitome of perseverance while Gazzman Couleur and Disip showed us all what determination is all about. Carimi and T-vice were arguably the top two bands in the industry all year. As far as Nu-Look goes, everyone thought they were dead after Gazzman’s departure…they’re still hanging in there tough and playing extremely well. ZENGLEN: As long as Richie and Kenny are teammates, their band will always be nominated for group of the year. Djakout is Djakout, djazz pays ya all day and everyday.
With the release of Kreyol la’s new album, they are back as of the top in the HMI chart.
But my vote for group of the year goes to Harmonik for the following reason: I feel that they've graduated from being a new band to being an established band. With this type of progress and vertical mobility, they deserve to be group of the year.."
*FLAV (Gabel): "My group of the year has to be hands down Disip due to what they have done in less than a year. Mesye yo fe dezod tout kote yo pase and I'm a witness to it especially in Haiti since we played a few bals with them down there."
*STAFF POZE: "T-Vice played in several different countries, they put on the best konpa shows every time and they received a serious media coverage in Panama. Very professional band that is guaranteed to be on time.."
*PRINCESS SASSA "Carimi. CaRiMi entered the year 2010 with a bang. They set high goals for themselves and have accomplished all. From the sold out concert Au Zenith to traveling all over the world to bring konpa music to the ears of many. Marketing, management, musicianship, discipline, productivity, popularity, etc. etc. 2010 has seen it all from CaRiMi."
*MICKEY RAFRECHI "Carimi has surpassed all expectations this year in terms of regaining their popularity with all Kompa fans. Shedly definitely helped to make the band heavier, and these guys mean business!!!.”!"
*RESHKA (Fos Baron): "CARIMI has earned my vote for GROUP of the year due to their sold out shows through out the year, more international performances and by dropping the best album on the market for the year 2010."
*PANEL MEMBERS FOR 2010 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARDS WERE:
1) ARLY LARIVIERE (Nu Look)
2) RICHIE (Zenglen)
3) ALAN CAVE (Zin)
4) ROBERTO MARTINO (T-Vice)
5) FABRICE ROUZIER (Mizik Mizik)
6) TI JOE ZENNY (Kreyol La)
7) KATALOG (Gabel)
HERVE BASTIEN (Zenglen Management/HMI Promoter/Miami Radio)
9) DJ MINGOLOVE (Miami Radio)
10) TROPIDISC TI MICHEL (HMI Executive Producer)
11) RICHARD CAVE (Carimi)
12) NICKENSON PRUDHOMME (Harmonik)
13) JUDE SEVERE (Zenglen Keyboardist)
14) RALPH DELLY (HMI Journalist/Showbiz FM)
15) MORYL GATTEREAU (Tele Caraibes)
16) PAPA JUBE (SOBS/SAK PASSE RECORDS)
17) KENNY DESMANGLES (Zenglen)
1 RODNEY NOEL (Compasfest/Harmonik Manager/Promoter)
19) MICKEY (Rafrechi Keyboardist)
20) PRINCESS SASSA (JP Relations/HMI Journalist)
21) TI REGI (Djakout #1)
22) RORO IRENE (Nu Look Gongist)
23) STAFF POZE (HMI Journalist/Historian)
24) TI LUNET (5 Etwal Maestro)
25) MIKE LAINE (D-LUX Chicago Vocalist)
26) PIPO (Nu Look vocalist)
27) AD MIZIK (Paris HMI Promoter Big Dog)
2 FLAV (Gabel Vocalist)
29) PAPITO MOMPLAISIR (SO NICE band leader)
30) JETHRO (Bisou Miami Vocalist)
31) JAZ ENTERPRISE EVENS (Top HMI Promoter/La Nuit Des Jeunes)
32) BLACK EZ (Oxygen)
33) FITO FARINEN (Carimi Manager)
34) FANFAN EPAV (Beldjaz)
35) NANDY GEORGES (HMI Media/Konparezon)
36) SANDERS (Harmonik Guitarist)
37) SEXY BEEF (Disip Bass/Studio producer)
3 REHKA (HMI Promoter/FOS BARON FESTIVAL in New York)
39) FRERO JEAN BAPTISTE (Tag Mizik)
40) BRETNER (D-LUX Chicago Musician)
41) A2Z (Popular Miami radio Host/HMI Promoter)
42) ALIX NOZILE (Nu Look Congas Player)
43) VLAD KREYOL LA (Kreyol La Drummer)
44) NIVENS (Young Quality Ent. N.Y party Promoter)
45) MOISE (Tempo Maestro/Keyboardist)
46) JEAN MAX VALCOURT (DOLA Mizik maestro/Keyboardist)
47) JUNIOR MOSCHINO (Prominent HMI Montreal Promoter)
4 MASS DOUDOU (Hangout Vocalist)
49) DABENZ (Oxygen vocalist/Former Zenglen vocalist)
50) LAVAUD (TVICE/HMI Sound Engineer)
PS: They were NOT allowed to vote for themselves or their bands. ONLY when 2 MEMBERS OF THEIR BANDS WERE NOMINATED in the same category were members given the option to vote for ONE pick.
KOMPAMAGAZINE CONTACT INFO
Phone: (646) 529-5735
Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total