KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2010 SONG OF THE YEAR KM AWARD WINNER IS......
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: 2010 SONG OF THE YEAR KM AWARD WINNER IS...... Reply with quote Back to top

*2010 Winner: CARIMI featuring MIKABEN "FANM SA MOVE"
*2009 Winner: HARMONIK "OBSEDE"
*2008 Winner: NU LOOK "NOTRE HISTOIRE"
*2007 Winner: RICHIE/GRACIA "A L'ANVERS"

*PART 1 is a short resume from us about what went down

*PART 2 shows you the number of votes + WHO voted for them on the 50 Member panel.

*PART 3 are some of the QUOTES from members of our panel FOR THAT CATEGORY.

The award goes to CARIMI featuring MIKABEN "FANM SA MOVE"!

ANALYSIS:
*CARIMI's "FANM SA MOVE" gets this in a landslide, as even their title track "BUZZ" could not even compete with the FANM SA MOVE phenomenon.

*VOTE BREAKDOWN

1) CARIMI "Fanm Sa Move" 23 Votes
Alan Cave, Herve Bastien, Mingolove, Ti Lunet, Sanders, Fabrice Rouzier, Roro Irene LOOK, Richie, Kenny Desmangles, VladKreyol La, A2Z, Nickenson, Pipo, Roberto Martino, Arly Lariviere, Nivens Young Quality, Moise Tempo, Dabenz, Alix Nozile, Jean Max Valcourt, Jaz Enterprize Evens, Junior Moschino, Sexybeef.

2) DJAKOUT/CARIMI "Profite" & "Buzz" tied 7 Votes

*Profite Votes: Ti Michel Tropidisc, Jude Severe Zenglen, PapitoSO NIce, Richard Cave, Bretner Delux, Ti Joe Zenny, Fito Farinen

*Buzz votes: Rodney Noel, AD Mizik, Papa Jube, Ti Regi, Reshka, Mickyrafrechi, Jethro Bisou

4) REGINALD CANGE/FASIL "Ti Pouchon" (5 Votes)
Black Ez, Mass Doudou, Flav, Moryl Gattereau, Mike Delux

5) RICHIE "Don't Let Go" (3 Votes)
Frero, Katalog, Princess Sassa

6) T-VICE "Epi'm Pa Bon" & GABEL "Gon Jan Pou Ye" (2 Votes)
*Epim Pa Bon votes: Ralph Delly, Staff Poze

*Gon Jan Pou Ye votes: Fanfan Epav, Lavaud

Cool NU LOOK "So What" (1 Vote)
Nandy Georges

9) DISIP "Pa Kondane'm" (0 Votes)

*****2 People did not vote*****

*FABRICE ROUZIER: "Carimi "Fanm Sa Move" Absolute winner. Mika needs dividends from Carimi at the end of this fiscal year. Goes neck and neck with the OBAMA song at parties here."

*RICHIE: "Fanm sa move (Carimi). Medam yo reyaji tout kote. Beat la avek koral la did the job. No strong lyrics just simple.."

*ROBERTO MARTINO: "I'll go with Fanm sa move...Pat gen fanm ki pat genyen'l on repeat when the album came out until Vi'nn Investi dropped with songs such as Toi et moi, Fem vole, Epi'm pa bon, Tell me why, tanpri souple etc..."

*NICKENSON: "Carimi "Fanm Sa Move. Carimi Did it again"

*ALAN CAVE: "Song of the year Famm sa move....based on crowd reaction where ever I go."

*FITO FARINEN: "Djakout profite- other then buzz and famn sa move.. profite had the most impact and it also talks about the reality of life."

*SANDERS: "FANM SA MOVE BY CARIMI THIS YEAR HAS REALLY BEEN THEIR YEAR."

*KENNY DESMANGLES: "Fanm Sa Move and DLG are the two songs that dominated the airwaves in haiti and abroad this year."

*MOISE (Tempo): "FAM SA MOVE is on automatic repeat in my car. Besides, that’s my daughter’s favorite song. I trust my princess’ judgment."

*FLAV (Gabel): "Song of the year to me is Fasil "Ti Pouchon" Great remake of a classic and we all know that in Haiti se mizik sa ki chef paske mesye a byen depoze sou li. Gon jan Pou li ye et mesye a jan saaaa deja...lol"

*STAFF POZE: "T-Vice "Epi'm Pa Bon". That song is by far the most catchy song of the year 2010. Others may be better in terms of lyrics, but people will be singing "epi'm pa bon" for a very long time."

*PRINCESS SASSA "Richie/Zenglen "Don't Let Go". This was an extremely tough choice as I was stuck between "Fanm Sa Move" and "Don't Let Go." Both are equally popular. Both have great impacts on their audiences when they are performed. In the end I had to go with "Don't Let Go" because the message was more powerful.."

*MICKEY RAFRECHI "Buzz from Carimi!! They did an amazing job of incorporating contemporary American style and a cool Middle Eastern part in the beginning that really makes this song “international”!"

*RESHKA (Fos Baron): "Although I really like the song Ti Pouchon from Reginald Cange & fasil, I will go with “BUZZ”. Due to a superb video, this also raised the bar in the HMI in terms of music videos."

*NANDY GEORGES: ""So What?" did it for me.....very catchy. Although it was a very hush reply to the the fans thinking without Gazzman the band wouldn't succeed, but well worked. "So What?" can still be a major hit if promoted well."

*PANEL MEMBERS FOR 2010 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARDS WERE:

1) ARLY LARIVIERE (Nu Look)
2) RICHIE (Zenglen)
3) ALAN CAVE (Zin)
4) ROBERTO MARTINO (T-Vice)
5) FABRICE ROUZIER (Mizik Mizik)

6) TI JOE ZENNY (Kreyol La)
7) KATALOG (Gabel)
HERVE BASTIEN (Zenglen Management/HMI Promoter/Miami Radio)
9) DJ MINGOLOVE (Miami Radio)
10) TROPIDISC TI MICHEL (HMI Executive Producer)

11) RICHARD CAVE (Carimi)
12) NICKENSON PRUDHOMME (Harmonik)
13) JUDE SEVERE (Zenglen Keyboardist)
14) RALPH DELLY (HMI Journalist/Showbiz FM)
15) MORYL GATTEREAU (Tele Caraibes)

16) PAPA JUBE (SOBS/SAK PASSE RECORDS)
17) KENNY DESMANGLES (Zenglen)
1 RODNEY NOEL (Compasfest/Harmonik Manager/Promoter)
19) MICKEY (Rafrechi Keyboardist)
20) PRINCESS SASSA (JP Relations/HMI Journalist)

21) TI REGI (Djakout #1)
22) RORO IRENE (Nu Look Gongist)
23) STAFF POZE (HMI Journalist/Historian)
24) TI LUNET (5 Etwal Maestro)
25) MIKE LAINE (D-LUX Chicago Vocalist)

26) PIPO (Nu Look vocalist)
27) AD MIZIK (Paris HMI Promoter Big Dog)
2 FLAV (Gabel Vocalist)
29) PAPITO MOMPLAISIR (SO NICE band leader)
30) JETHRO (Bisou Miami Vocalist)

31) JAZ ENTERPRISE EVENS (Top HMI Promoter/La Nuit Des Jeunes)
32) BLACK EZ (Oxygen)
33) FITO FARINEN (Carimi Manager)
34) FANFAN EPAV (Beldjaz)
35) NANDY GEORGES (HMI Media/Konparezon)

36) SANDERS (Harmonik Guitarist)
37) SEXY BEEF (Disip Bass/Studio producer)
3 REHKA (HMI Promoter/FOS BARON FESTIVAL in New York)
39) FRERO JEAN BAPTISTE (Tag Mizik)
40) BRETNER (D-LUX Chicago Musician)

41) A2Z (Popular Miami radio Host/HMI Promoter)
42) ALIX NOZILE (Nu Look Congas Player)
43) VLAD KREYOL LA (Kreyol La Drummer)
44) NIVENS (Young Quality Ent. N.Y party Promoter)
45) MOISE (Tempo Maestro/Keyboardist)

46) JEAN MAX VALCOURT (DOLA Mizik maestro/Keyboardist)
47) JUNIOR MOSCHINO (Prominent HMI Montreal Promoter)
4 MASS DOUDOU (Hangout Vocalist)
49) DABENZ (Oxygen vocalist/Former Zenglen vocalist)
50) LAVAUD (TVICE/HMI Sound Engineer)

PS: They were NOT allowed to vote for themselves or their bands. ONLY when 2 MEMBERS OF THEIR BANDS WERE NOMINATED in the same category were members given the option to vote for ONE pick.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chapo ba pou CaRiMi, yo al pou 2 toujou Arrow Wink

ZENGLEN PI RED

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fanm Sa Move is a no-brainer; the most popular song by far this past year. Congrats Carmi!

ps. I don't think Pwofite shold have been nominated this year; the song/album was released in late october.

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh yea!!!! that song just did his damn thang
congrats carimi Very Happy

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like we've stated countless of times...."DJAKOUT has been playing "PWOFITE" since MAY 2010 around COMPASFEST weekend. They started creating a buzz ever since then.

GO TO THE KM YOUTUBE channel and you will see the DJAKOUT "PWOFITE" from MAY 2010.....AND YO TE KRAZE BAL LA....Look at FITO FARINEN's quote as well...He must know what he is talking about.

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

they could have started playing the song since January, it still shouldn't have been nominated in my opinion. Same thing for Nu Look's Legacy last year; a song that was released in december of 07 and 2 years later, it's on a ballot. If we truly want to change things, we have to start with the most basic stuff.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Congrats once again to MikaBen and Carimi! Smile

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway...Thanks for sharing your thoughts/opinion with us on THIS matter.

Congrats to Carimi.

KM!

XXplosive

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sa se annee Carimi li te ye tout bon... Berto tou voye yon ti jab...Until Toi et Moi, Ou Fe'm Vole soti...LOL

Congrats again carimi

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to CaRiMi Very Happy epi map retan pou yo pran trofé group de l'anne a tou Mr. Green

One luv,

Kara

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AWW....

I wish "don't let go" would have won this one.

but congrats to CARIMI.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: