KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Thanks to KompaMagazine for this Contest!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fabrice Fombrun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks to KompaMagazine for this Contest!! Reply with quote Back to top

Hello KM!

Firstly, I want to thank and wish a Happy New Year to:

**Patrick of Kompa Magazine, the first person who deserves Congratulations for this «Next HMI Star» Contest.

**The KM members who took part in this contest by listening, analyzing, judging and giving their opinions. It was very constructive, thanks again!

**The HMI Judges celebrities, who have taken their time to give us their opinion, allowing us to progress and evolve as artists.

**And of course, all the contestants of this «competition». Many of them deserve the HMI's attention, and I hope they will get it.

Sincerly, I’m very grateful to the people who voted for me... I won’t hide that I was surprised when reading the comments and the scores I was given, especially when I listen to the other contestants' entries. So I guess that the day...Jou Ma Merite’l nan rivé lol Thanks!

As for those who didn’t feel convinced enough to vote for me, it only lets me know that I still need to work on my craft. I will take note and follow all the advice given by the HMI Celebrities and the KM members, and continue to work hard so I can catch your ears and your heart in my future projects!

By the way, I have to let you know that I’m working on my solo album. So far, many songs are ready. «Jou ma merite’l» will be part of it, of course! This album will be diversified in terms of musical styles. Some 60-70% of the album will be made up of Kompa songs, and the rest ranging from Bossa to Jazz, to Ballad, and Orchestral compositions.

To those who would be interested in listening to another composition of mine, you can find my recent Christmas track on Youtube, entitled «Yon sèl Nwèl, pou Tout Timoun».
By the way...Joyeu Nwèl en reta!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaestroFabrizio#p/a/u/0/VSQNvYmC-G4
Stay tuned for more...!

Today, I truly believe that the HMI is thirsty for some new flavor... It is rather obvious when we look at this original «Top 4»:

- Sarah Jane: a very particular style in our «Music Industry». She would certainly have more points in the final score with a «complete» song. Personally, I love her song and her voice performance, but...there is a part missing in her «miss u song» Smile I think Sarah teased us guys lol
Anyways, I’m sure about one thing for Sarah, if she wants to, she will have «a great seat» in the HMI Women's hall of fame.

- Melodi: these guys have an original touch in their songs. Not only in «Sa fe’m mal», but also in their other single «Yo bare’m». They use different chords, they have catchy melodies, and also a great singer...bel bagay. Why not a collabo? Nap suiv pou wè...!

- K-Mistry is also a great band, ready for the HMI in my opinion, and they have a lot of potential.

Actually, many contestants caught my attention as I listened to the songs.
All the artists who participated in this contest seem to have the motivation.

There is clearly a lot of potential ; if I'm allowed to make a suggestion, the next Contests should perhaps have a 2nd & 3rd prize (in my opinion of course Smile ) Li tap pi bon, pi fair...huh, Patrick, I may have some ideas for the next contest! Wink

And Pat, I really hope that «Next HMI Star» contests will take place regularly! Kounyé'a, m'pwal suiv contest sa antan ke bon fidèle...as the KM members did so well!

The HMI needs to discover new talents, and this type of «competition» is a great way to motivate the potential artists and also the public; the rules are fair and the concept is innovative in the HMI... Year by year, I’m sure it will become a Famous Award in the HMI.

Well...I'll let you know about the album/project updates during the next weeks.
Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR and best wishes for 2011 to all of you!!!

Fabrice Fombrun.

- F.F. -

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FABRICE

Congratulations on such a wonderful song. Apparently I was not the only one feeling that way because you sure were picked by many on their lists.

I have a question for you.....What made you PICK "JOU MA MERITE'L" as the song to send in for the competition? I am sure you have other songs that might have been ready....maybe I'm wrong. Tell us why.

Once again CONGRATULATIONS!

PS: CHECK YOUR EMAIL.....OU GIN GRO NEWS ki tonbe....Respond to "THAT" via e-mail please.

Congrats once again.

KM!

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

congrats patrice, looking forward to sample more products from you, wish you the best of luck and welcome to the board Cool
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Melfanatik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Fabrice!

Congrats once again and welcome aboard.

Your song was obviously extremely well-received, was there a background story or specific inspiration for it?

Fabrice Fombrun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patrick!

Well, thanks again bro!
Actually, I have to say that "Jou ma merite'l" is NOT the only "ready to go" music I have for my future projects.

So far, I have 4 musics now 100% ready, and 2 of them are in a Konpa style.
When I had to choose one of them for the "Next HMI Star", I was convinced that I had to take a risk: to propose a different music in terms of style...I mean, Konpa is the N°1 style in the HMI business, in full effect since a long time ago. But why not changing...?
And now, I'm happy to see that the KM members and HMI celebrities felt the same way in their choice (also for Sarah Jane too).

That means one important thing for me, for you, for Haitians who likes their culture: the Haitian Music Industry can still evolve in many ways.
We have so many artists, out of the "Konpa circle", protecting our culture, such as Belo, Beethova Oba, Alan Cave, Mushi Widmaier, Shedley Abraham and many more...but this part doesn't represent a lot in our HMI business today, especially when we enumerate how many live shows are done in this "Out of Konpa circle".

I definitely believe that "Culture" means "Diversity", that's my conviction...and that's why I chose this music for the Contest!

- F.F. -

Fabrice Fombrun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: My inspiration for "Jou ma merite'l" Reply with quote Back to top

Melfanatik,

About my inspiration, I didn't have a "specific inspiration"...actually, I think I didn't find yet the person to which I could dedicate this music lol
So far, the "background story" is still a dream... Very Happy

So jou ma mérite'l nan poko rivé Wink

- F.F. -

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations Fabrice!!! Even though I did not vote for you but people who are more savvy about music saw/heard something I coudn't see/hear. You seem like you already know where you're heading and with a great attitude like this sky should be the limit. Wish you the best man...

Fabrice Fombrun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neg2Byen,

I'll keep working...and I really hope that you're right when you say the "sky should be the limit"! Razz
Thanks for your support!

- F.F. -

Ayani

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aww Fabrice...congrats...!!!!

Sanrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fabrice, you deserve it man. I look forward to your CD!

Congrats!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: