Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - WHY ARE BANDS SO CONCERNED ABOUT PLAYING FIRST?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHY ARE BANDS SO CONCERNED ABOUT PLAYING FIRST?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: WHY ARE BANDS SO CONCERNED ABOUT PLAYING FIRST? Reply with quote Back to top

I really dont understand this ISSUE they have.

If I were in a band, I REALLY could give a crap if I played first or second.

I know the agrument will be, "Well MOST of the people are here for us, so why should we play first?

Well, I hate to be so frank, if the PROMOTER does not realize it, then it doesnt matter.

In this day of age, many fans know that promoters CONTROL their parties and line-ups, so the blame does not fall on the bands.

So really get over it!

I would LOVE to play first and get the hell out of dodge.

It aint that serious.

pipirite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitians like to be acclaimed with the most people possible..and since haitians are always late...

Cubano told me that he used to arrive late to Skah Shah performances on purpose...and people would receive him like a God as soon as he hit the stage!!! Laughing

Me, I would not care...pay me, I play, I go!!!

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know what's funny...

They're always fighting to play second. Once they have it, something come up and they don't have enough time to end their set, they turn up the lights on them and cut them out, etc... they complain, start crying foul, sabotage.

Just f*cking play first then!!!

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
In this day of age, many fans know that promoters CONTROL their parties and line-ups, so the blame does not fall on the bands.

So really get over it!

Djk, wap suiv! Si promoter di ou jwer anvan, se pasker se ou ki pou jwer avan. By the way, the promoter by putting two bands in tandem, he knows exactly which is more popular than the other. I garantee that most likely the promoter will put the most popular band in second because he knows that the public will enjoy the second set better.
So, pa gin diskission nan sa

Fran7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Se sa’m ta di tou…payer’m, mwen jwe epi mwen jete’m…but des fois se kônn pa faute promoteur yo…musiciens yo kon’n al kashe…mwen te konstate on tolalito parèy Long Island entre Djakout/Zenglen on leu…youn nan yo p’at vle jwe en premier…so en conclusion se fanatik yo ki payer sa…

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pipirite wrote:
Haitians like to be acclaimed with the most people possible..and since haitians are always late...

Cubano told me that he used to arrive late to Skah Shah performances on purpose...and people would receive him like a God as soon as he hit the stage!!! Laughing

Me, I would not care...pay me, I play, I go!!!

Mon cher pipirite cubano se ou neg honnete. misier te kon en reta vrer ampil wi, bro Very Happy
By the way, congrats on your wedding Very Happy

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Playing first means LESS people....Playing LAST means MORE PEOPLE.

We all know how fashionably late Haitians tend to be when it comes to bals/parties.

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was talking to a friend of mine that went to last friday Miami DEGA/Carimi party, she said people were paying $50 to get in at 2:30am. Laughing [/u]

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat,

Is there a REDUCTION when a band plays for LESS PEOPLE as opposed to playing LAST?

I mean cmon... Cool

It aint that serious.

I want to GO and BE OUT.

Tilouj

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me I would like to go first e "KRAZE KAY" to borrow some Carimi words and the other band will have to do better. I would want to be the tuff act to follow.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: