KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

T-VICE: KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW OF WELCOME TO HAITI!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konpaconvert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Review KM! mkonen gen kek moun ki tap mande pou review sa lontan Laughing

That too much bragging argument was the same thing said about Jay-z's The Blueprint 3 LP...i personally am on the fence...i particularily don't care for the djole talk but hey if the haters want to pale yo mal..its natural to want to respond and remind them of who T-vice is Laughing Laughing

As far as the Kite'm Viv comparision by soem posters its all up to perception...I personally know 3 people ki vin "konverti" after one listen to this album...so I think they have a winner on their hands.

How it will stack against the other albums yet to be released is still up in the air...but for now...T-Vice devan Exclamation Cool

Neg-Nan Pouli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx 4 da review (KM)
Apres album sa a.......VICE la fe pami SEPTEN, TROPIC, ZENGLEN & NU-LOOK........Djazz LOU tout bon.
Yo pran sa a a a a a a........
Kite'l pou yo!!!!!!!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

DADAPH

We all know you are a T-VICE "FANATIC"...So r u saying that you don't care too much for the "US AGAINST THEM/THE WORLD" attitude/lyrics?

A) What is your FAVORITE TRACK on the CD?
B) What is to you the WEAKEST track on the cd?
C) What do you want as the next VIDEO?

The question can also go to KONPACONVERT and others as well if you wish to respond

Thanks

KM!

FUNKY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for your review Pat Cool

daphnee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

DADAPH

We all know you are a T-VICE "FANATIC"...So r u saying that you don't care too much for the "US AGAINST THEM/THE WORLD" attitude/lyrics?

A) What is your FAVORITE TRACK on the CD?
B) What is to you the WEAKEST track on the cd?
C) What do you want as the next VIDEO?

The question can also go to KONPACONVERT and others as well if you wish to respond

Thanks

KM!

Laughing Laughing Shocked why am I on the hotseat..?!? Laughing

You're right about the us agisnt them thing though...Haters are gonna Hate regardless of what you do so no need to address them anymore..just keep the music going Laughing But I won't front neither those songs do get you hella hyped Very Happy

Favorite tracks: Kif Kif, This is IT, Epi'n Pa bon, Toi et Moi, Tell Me Why, Pou mwen Seul

least Favorite- "Welcome to Haiti"

Next Video-"Toi et Moi" or "this is IT"

Overall good album..me likes Very Happy Very Happy My boys never disappoint Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Haiti...
Great album starter... Black Dada added that flare which completed the track...

Tanpri Souple..
My favorite SLOW tempo track..
Its Perfect.. what else is there to add....

Tell Me Why..
Leur groove la tombe (keyboard) in the first half of the song.. Im like dammn.. it done took me to another level..

Epi'm Pa Bon..

Its a good track.. A fun party track.. I used to can't stand James part, but it very much grew on me. I get mad hype talking about: All my ladies in the house.. All my fellas in the house.. Put your hands in the air... two stepping and ish.. But my favorite part of the song is right after the 'follow the leeeadahh" line.. That bass line has my head boppin hard.. love it.. Bam Nouvel Uh huh... Bam Nouvel Uh huh... Map kitel pou yo.. That entire bass line is hot.. I love it.. I wanna go see Tvice simply for that part LIVE.. Ima go buckwild..

Fe'm Vole...
Ok next track comes on.. Slow things down a bit... w a nice smooth guitar as an intro.. Then Oliver steps up to the MIC and he does a great job. I love the lyrics to this one too.. Favorite part: Kimbe'm Kimbe'm Kimbe'm Pa Lage.... yesssss.... Makes a sista wanna get yoked up in a corner somewhere.. (smile) lage yon bagay serieuxxxxx... heyheyy

This Is IT..
Ok next track.. Makes you wanna come up for air from that previous tet kole and get ready to burn some calories on the dancefloor. Simply makes you wanna dance. I love this COLLABO with TiJoe n Roberto.. They flowed perfectly!.. Di'm saw santi an.. Ki maladi ou soufri an... some ish like that. Love it.. Esp the "Ou fe sa deja".. and that background keyboard. Feels like I got happy feet. I just wanna move & throw my hands up... "Monte sou chaise.. Monte sou tab".. by that point, I actually feel like doing JUST that..

Toi et Moi...
I have no clue what they're saying in half of this song. It went out of my "language" comfort zone.. but heck w it.. this song makes me wanna grab a Strip Pole and do a SEXY number... Its very smooth.. sensual.. I can see a few babies being conceived to this track Smile This track was a nice twist since many didn't expect such track from the V-Camp but it worked... Power Surge hooked it up... "Kite yo pale...lanmou nap monte pi wo woooo".. YEP, I co sign...

Pou Mwen Seul..
My least favorite track. I usually skip it for some reason. But its a decent track. Just not a favorite. Lyrically.. nice.. "Paka explikew babe jan ou belle belle belle..Oh Oh..."
yeah yeah yeah next...

Konne'l Pat Konne'l...
I like this song.. For some reason I can see a very good VIDEO for this track.. That crazy keyboard groove in mid-track is hot.. quick fingers.. but not as quick as Nicky.. lol.. But that was good!!

Mwen Damou...
Smile
My favorite MID TEMPO track on the album... I dont know what it is about this track.... well actually I do. They kill me with grooves.. It flows in me from head to toe... You'd think a sistah really DAMOU.. The song just does it for me.
Gade anwo Gade anba.. Ou kwe'm map bon... (KEYSSSSSSS)... The song snatched me right there...
JPerry's appearance was so necessary... Great job!!...
The keyboard grooves throughout this song are sick... to my ears at least.. I mean sick. It takes me away to la la land.. I mean damn..
.Then the line: My heart goes like this, My heart goes like this.. SALYEEE... ~~~> GUITAR.... DRUMS... Smooooth it out... Hell yea Thats the ish right there in that song.. Then yo touye'm anko ak yon kout GUITA... I mean what did I do to deserve such listening pleasureee.. Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....
Oooooh Oh Woyyyyy..... so smooth.. I am absolutely in love w this track. I hope that I NEVER EVER get sick of this song... Damn... Im sayin.... Enfin. Bon Bagay Net.. Smile

Nou Pap Lage...
A good way to end a good album.... A track to represent the album entirety... Love it...

Good Album.. Very Good... Look forward to catching them live. I saw them for my birthday but it was too dang hot to focus. Ill catch them next month... and see how well they've been holding it down these new tracks in the live circuit....
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BON... DJAKOUT... KREYOLA... HARMONICK.... Lets ROCK it out homies!! Show us watcha got... Me await and so does my Ears.. and so does my Feet.. Smile

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erotically Yours wrote:
Favorite part: Kimbe'm Kimbe'm Kimbe'm Pa Lage.... yesssss.... Makes a sista wanna get yoked up in a corner somewhere.. (smile) lage yon bagay serieuxxxxx... heyheyy

I Luv EY! Laughing Laughing

Erotically Yours wrote:
this song makes me wanna grab a Strip Pole and do a SEXY number...

I Luv EY! Laughing Laughing

There's just nothing like an Erotically Yours review Laughing Laughing

ketket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erotically Yours wrote:

Konne'l Pat Konne'l...
I like this song.. For some reason I can see a very good VIDEO for this track.. That crazy keyboard groove in mid-track is hot.. quick fingers.. but not as quick as Nicky.. lol.. But that was good!!

They did a video for that song already!!

lakay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Antouka moin pa konn pou sak soti deja, moin pa konn pou sak pral soti apre " Epim pa bon " is a mega hit.

"Toi et Moi" is a nice song that sparks reminiscing about the one that got away.

" Tell me Why" is an anthem for those who are heartbreak victims. One thing you have to admit.... Arly always writes songs that hit close to home.

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great review!

It's funny Pat raised this point on the review; which I had a discussion with many T-Vice fans.

If you keep complaining about people bashing your great work, it's working and people will continue to do just that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of people wanted to cut off my head over this statement, I'm going to say it again.

I like this LP way better than Kite'm Viv. This was more like like an LP "I have done and accomplished many things in my career and now I will experience something different."

That was a T-Vice LP and cannot be identified to anything else.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: