Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - ALEXIS CONFIRMED THE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FOR UNITE
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ALEXIS CONFIRMED THE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FOR UNITE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: ALEXIS CONFIRMED THE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FOR UNITE Reply with quote Back to top

Ex-premier could outstrip Wyclef in Haiti election

By JONATHAN M. KATZ (AP) – 20 hours ago

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — Another potential powerhouse emerged Wednesday in the race for Haiti's presidency as the ruling party nominated ousted ex-Prime Minister Jacques-Edouard Alexis to lead the earthquake-ravaged nation.

The backing of President Rene Preval's newly formed Unity party could push the former premier's prospects ahead of the international star power of Haitian-born, Brooklyn-raised singer Wyclef Jean.

Alexis was nominated late Tuesday at a Unity meeting, presidential Chief of Staff Fritz Longchamp told The Associated Press.

The two candidates were pictured side-by-side on the front page of Port-au-Prince's Le Nouvelliste newspaper the next day under the headline, "Alexis designated, Wyclef decided." Jean says he will declare his candidacy Thursday night in an English-language interview from Haiti broadcast primarily in the United States.

The winner of the Nov. 28 election will be faced with monumental tasks including rebuilding a capital destroyed by the magnitude-7 earthquake and dealing with an estimated 1.6 million homeless.

Before Jean's impending announcement, first reported Tuesday by AP, political observers in Haiti were most closely watching to see who would be chosen to carry the standard of the president's party.

Preval, who is barred by the constitution from running, created Unity last year. It quickly absorbed Cabinet ministers, the presidents of both parliamentary chambers and almost half the members of the lower house with promises of helping to finance their upcoming campaigns.

Alexis was brought on in 2006 as Preval's No. 2 and head of government, tasked with uniting a fractious Cabinet after the ouster of former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide and two years of gang warfare under a U.S.-backed interim government.

Alexis was ousted by the Senate in April 2008 as Port-au-Prince melted down in a week of food riots that killed at least seven people including a U.N. police officer. He has since been largely invisible in Haiti, popping up now and then at speaking engagements in the United States.

Candidates have until Saturday to register. Scores are expected to seek the presidency, from small-town mayors and businessmen to other former heads of government.

All must be approved by an eight-member, presidentially approved electoral council that will verify constitutional requirements including having resided in Haiti for five consecutive years leading up to the election and never having held foreign citizenship.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gwk_RJA8imQ2nmsEHQfRcrTkzcJgD9HCTQJ84

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I told you folks Alexis was going to be Preval's candidate and last night it was confirmed. Also, expect he will be the next president. This last week he cut deal with Canada regarding a charge against humanity filed against him the Canadian government. It was resolved and he can now visit Canada. I wrote on the wall. Clef will probably be indicted for tax evasion soon and if he thinks he can hide out in Haiti Preval and buddies will find his butt and deport him to the US.

You are looking at the next president of Haiti, cheating or not, them boys are ready. I hear within two weeks Sweet Micky and Clef will be tossed out of the elections for lack residency. Clef is relying on some creative argument that he is an ambassador, but still that will not save him because prior to his ambassadorship he still did not meet the residency requirement.

Latest news!!!

Last edited by Haitianone on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rj production

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bon men bagay H1 pa renmen an Laughing Laughing

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:

Gade kijan ou kontan. Rj, how do you feel about Pres. Alexis and PM Preval? Laughing

Rj production

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:

Gade kijan ou kontan. Rj, how do you feel about Pres. Alexis and PM Preval? Laughing

how do you know Alexis will win H1 it's while open right now but he's the favorite right now cause of many factor

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:

how do you know Alexis will win H1 it's while open right now but he's the favorite right now cause of many factor

RJ

Are you kidding me? He wins cheating or not he wins. I got my sources and I have not been wrong!!!!

So kitem monche popcorn and se drama roll while the Union ap chita ap gade!! Laughing

dalida

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alexis was prime minister twice nothing changed.
Corruption- check
Thivery- Check
The country became worst than it was before, check.

This guy has no chance.

I hope.

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

H1, Alexis pap asiste tiraj... bay moun tet yo tande.

But I agree with you regarding wyclef's 5 year residency... I think he was named AMBASSADOR AT LARGE 3 years ago. MISYE AP PRAN KANET.

I am very glad he added his name to the list of candidates maybe that'll force the wannabes to join forces and select a serious young candidate instead of 30 of them trying to run separately.

TiZepeng

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well... i guess that a change in this thread's topic is in order...

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

depuis Preval te fin ordonner chanje lwa CEP sou zafe dechaj lan...juste pou te fe Alexis pase a...tout moun te gen tan we misyeu ta pral supporter Alexis.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: