Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - ARLY LARIVIERE: A MAIN REASON WHY DISIP MOVEMENT IS POPULAR?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ARLY LARIVIERE: A MAIN REASON WHY DISIP MOVEMENT IS POPULAR?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: ARLY LARIVIERE: A MAIN REASON WHY DISIP MOVEMENT IS POPULAR? Reply with quote Back to top

ARLY LARIVIERE could be the MAIN REASON why the DISIP movement has been a very popular one among some major HMI industry people according to people in the business.

Below is a quote from a bass player in Miami who basically called it "The DISIP movement is very popular and can be described simply as an ANTI ARLY LARIVIERE MOVEMENT. Nothing more and nothing less."

Another HMI promoter in the New York area basically told Kompa Magazine that "Arly Lariviere simply rubbed so many people in the business the wrong way with his attitude, egotistical ways, as well as other stuff, this was just a movement ready to burst. Many people in the industry who had issues with Arly, and who also knew that GAZZMAN and ARLY were having problems, simply could not wait for this breakup to happen so that Arly could be humbled. With GAZZMAN even though they were not friends, he had the power as NU LOOK WITH GAZZMAN to dictate a few things because of the band's popularity. Without GAZZMAN, he might still have the NU LOOK name, but everybody sees that this current version of NU LOOK lacks the power that they once had because of Gazzman. Arly underestimated the power of Gazzman with the fans, as well as his relationship with many industry people. Arly is humbled and hurt, but he is trying not to show it by putting on a brave face. Once he realizes that NU LOOK without Gazzman will never be the same, he will start to adjust his attitude and more."

Another promoter in the Boston area told us this "I absolutely agree that this DISIP movement in a way has become popular because of Arly Lariviere's lack of popularity among many people in the business that he has butted heads with one way or another. There is no doubt about that. However, GAZZMAN leaving NU LOOK was a WIN/LOSS for ARLY. A win for him because he could not wait to get Gazzman out of the group, and now he is the undisputed leader of the group without his business partner looking over him, and it's a loss for him so far because the group lost quite a few fans because they look at him as the guy who pushed Gazzman out, and also the group's popularity has taken a hit."

KM!

Jeegy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

25%, I would say yes. but some people forget that Gazzman is very cool with his fans and the fans represent Kompa in general.

kelly2k08

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i simply agree with everything that those people are saying cause its true, but all Arly Need right now is an album with PIPO and if the album is good, Gade ki problem Nu look pral bay disip

Right now Nu Look problem is ou pase a gauche Nu look ap jwe album abor a ou pase a droite Disip ap jwe minm musique yo so moun yo komanse tired of it plus PIPO singing those song that gazzman used to sing with NU LOOk is not really good for Nu lOOk advantage cause anpil abitue ak voix gazz la nan music yo so thats y Pipo ap recevwa tout pale anpil sa yo but kou Look la put a new album out trust me Pral gen yon Kouri depi album look la bon

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kompekok

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still don't get it? What's the beef here? These people talk without saying anything.

(Dadou Pasquet)

Jeegy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kelly2k08 wrote:
i simply agree with everything that those people are saying cause its true, but all Arly Need right now is an album with PIPO and if the album is good, Gade ki problem Nu look pral bay disip

Right now Nu Look problem is ou pase a gauche Nu look ap jwe album abor a ou pase a droite Disip ap jwe minm musique yo so moun yo komanse tired of it plus PIPO singing those song that gazzman used to sing with NU LOOk is not really good for Nu lOOk advantage cause anpil abitue ak voix gazz la nan music yo so thats y Pipo ap recevwa tout pale anpil sa yo but kou Look la put a new album out trust me Pral gen yon Kouri depi album look la bon

I don't know yet. I know maestro Arly is capable to come up with a nice album because he is so talented. but Nu-Look movement will never be the same or surpass the real Nu-Look. l'ap fe bel mizik, bel album, bel groove. but don't forget i said we, the fans, reprenset Kompa. and that's the charisma the group won't have anymore.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What if the guy is shy? Not everyone can be Gazzman or Gracia Delva.

In the long run Arly LAriviere will prevail even in Production.
In Arly I find some Dadou Pasquet once Dadou fin'n jwe ou pap jwen'n li meme pou fe ou te nan bal la.

Musicien pa janm fin'n renmen musicien kap cree... yap toujou di sa.

Se bon Dieu ki bay don pou cree.

anslyto

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jeegy wrote:
kelly2k08 wrote:

I don't know yet. I know maestro Arly is capable to come up with a nice album because he is so talented. but Nu-Look movement will never be the same or surpass the real Nu-Look. l'ap fe bel mizik, bel album, bel groove. but don't forget i said we, the fans, reprenset Kompa. and that's the charisma the group won't have anymore.

Ou finn pale wi Jeegy, original pa janm sonnen menm jan ak copie..
pap janm gen original Nu Look la anko , Look 2.0 a pral fe zafe pa li.

Temperaman pipo pa fit jazz saaa, fanatik nulook abitye avek sens de l'humour de Gazzman, ki pa nan temperam pa pipo..
se fanatique ki fe konpa , memsi mwen plus fanatik Disip, men mwen vle pou Nulook reprann plas li , paske se pou Konpa Direk yap travay , mwen pa malade menm jan ak lotmoun mwen we sou board la..

pipo bezwen travay nan sens pou li ka kapte yon publik ki rele li pa li.. menm jan Gazzman fe li , Alan fe li , ak anpil lot jazz.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Another HMI promoter in the New York area basically told Kompa Magazine that "Arly Lariviere simply rubbed so many people in the business the wrong way with his attitude, egotistical ways, as well as other stuff, this was just a movement ready to burst. Many people in the industry who had issues with Arly, and who also knew that GAZZMAN and ARLY were having problems, simply could not wait for this breakup to happen so that Arly could be humbled. With GAZZMAN even though they were not friends, he had the power as NU LOOK WITH GAZZMAN to dictate a few things because of the band's popularity. Without GAZZMAN, he might still have the NU LOOK name, but everybody sees that this current version of NU LOOK lacks the power that they once had because of Gazzman. Arly underestimated the power of Gazzman with the fans, as well as his relationship with many industry people. Arly is humbled and hurt, but he is trying not to show it by putting on a brave face. Once he realizes that NU LOOK without Gazzman will never be the same, he will start to adjust his attitude and more."

Another promoter in the Boston area told us this "I absolutely agree that this DISIP movement in a way has become popular because of Arly Lariviere's lack of popularity among many people in the business that he has butted heads with one way or another. There is no doubt about that. However, GAZZMAN leaving NU LOOK was a WIN/LOSS for ARLY. A win for him because he could not wait to get Gazzman out of the group, and now he is the undisputed leader of the group without his business partner looking over him, and it's a loss for him so far because the group lost quite a few fans because they look at him as the guy who pushed Gazzman out, and also the group's popularity has taken a

First of all, not everybody has to be gazzman or gracia! Moun sa yo fe gwo fot la! Confused
Ayisien an renmen mediocrite et li pa vle moun kap fe bagay serie
Se youn nan pwoblem yo gen avek arly! Si yo te we arly ap trenen, yo tap kontan! Shocked
Bon m pa kon sa misie vle di by " movement burst la"? Confused
But, se pa ou " bull" mouveman! Confused
Second of all, maybe, these people have to listen to the new look, if they know music and see the difference? Confused
Sa yo sanble plis pwomote kap voye monte Confused
moun sa yo sanble moun kap mache deye ou mouveman san yo pa konen kote mouveman pwale Confused Shocked
One thing i know arly and nu look know where they are going! Confused
Moun sa yo plis ap bay tet yo chale pou rien Confused
Pedi de gren fans se tout tan sa ap fet, mezanmi poze Confused
Au moment opportun, tout fanatik serie ki kon mizik, ap tounin Confused
yo bezwen kraze ou djazz nan men ou neg et pi li frape pie li ate
kounie a ou tande tout moun di ou ceci cela Confused
Guess what! If arly was not that tough, well today, there would be no nu look, point barre Cool
yo te bezwen mete zagallo, but yo pa pran zagallo nan djazz pa yo
yo te foure laporte afte the guy had left on three consecutive occasions
Now, laporte tap kite, gazzman tap kite, zagallo tap kite?
Confused So, you see! Confused
Arly is a leader and as such he has to be tough! Cool
gazzman is loved, but arly is loved and respected!
Long run, nu look wins big time!
And, all these talks, it is nonsense and will not serve any purpose
pedi tan nou kontinue pale Confused Shocked
One more thing about arly, he never plays the victim card! Shocked

PS- Momo konsa dadou ye vre wi!
Dadou se neg bal fin jwe, ou pa gen dwa we li
Donc chak moun ou jean

Last edited by jeancelestin on Wed May 26, 2010 11:45 am; edited 9 times in total

J-Zoe

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the notion that this movement is setup to destroy Arly. Neg yo vle humilye Maestro a and they will stop at nothing to bring Arly down. They want to literally bring Arly to his knees, not Nu-look but Arly. So they've solicited the help of anyone in the industry who Arly has supposedly "rubbed the wrong way" to be part of this so call movement. Interestingly enough, if you were to ask anyone or most people that don't like Arly why they feel that way, you will not get a valid response other then the usual, Arly impozan, Arly toujou pran poz li pa nan pale ak moun and so on.. to that i say, "So what".
Mande yo eske Arly pran kob yo li pa jwe bal? non. eske li prete li pa peye w ? Non..min yo di "vye neg Arly sa se Vole li ye, li this li that. C'mon people..
The key word in all this is that Disip is regarded as a "movement" as oppose to Nu-Look which is a solid band with a proven track record. The "movement" has slown down. And the proof is reflected in the Bal numbers. Disip struggled this past Sunday to bring in 120 people at Club Boca....Moun komanse oue ke pa gin anyen ke diferan, ou ki nef ke disip ap pote nan HMI la.
Arly and Nu-look's main focus is producing music that the fans will enjoy epi yo ap preche unite.
Nu-look will prevail at the end becuase Disip is just what it is, a "movement" yo pa vinn regle anyin anko. So far as expected, the movement has lost momentum big time so we'll see how long the movement will last. Haiti poko jwen pa yo so nap tann apres summer a pou nou oue si moveman ap toujou la.

Stay tuned.....

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this news?

So basically there are two camps out there

The anti-arly camp that are just fed up with Arly's After God it's me attitude. I personally have never been a huge arly fan partially because of this, BUT I do respect his talent.

and the anti-PIPO camp which include two groups of people

1. The ones who wouldn't have embraced any singer replacing GAZZMANN. And Pipo just happens to be that singer.

2. The people who hate PIPO for what he's done to BELJAZZ.

Quite frankly I think it's all bogus.

Like I said... se dife pay mayi. Gazzman will prevail for a short time. But the music will prevail eventually. So I hope gazzman pral gen bon jan mizik nan disip. Otherwise....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: