Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - WYCLEF "OFFICIAL" PRESS RELEASE ON COMPASFEST!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WYCLEF "OFFICIAL" PRESS RELEASE ON COMPASFEST!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: WYCLEF "OFFICIAL" PRESS RELEASE ON COMPASFEST! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the OFFICIAL press release from WYCLEF on COMPASFEST 2010. This is NOT from hangers on, family members/cousins or friends of the camp, this is straight from his SAK PASSE RECORDS president/manager JOE MIGNON sent to us.

JOE MIGNON: "As Compafest is approaching there isn't any written contract w/ his Management and Team prior to the Promoters advertising his name and likeness. Wyclef has been advertised since February.
Nevertheless, We commend Compafest Organization for their long standing efforts in serving the community, however, due to circumstances beyond our control, and irreconcilable differences, it is unfortunate that he will not be performing at this year's CompaFest. Despite all impetus, we wish Compafest and it's organizers a great Weekend and continued success, and to the fans, you know we always represent you...We are here because of you!!!.

Keep Haiti Alive!!"

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Wyclef's absence will affect the festival a bit.....

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OZ'MOSIS wrote:

That my friend is really besides the point.

Here is the point:

I am going to have a Brooklyn Festival next week. Fliers are made with Oz in the MIDDLE of the flier suggesting Oz will be there.

And headlining the festival will be "Skyz Da Limit".

I have no WRITTEN contract with Oz or any member of Skyz Da Limit.

Is there an issue?

Loveliyah

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not surprised about this! Shame on the festival for using his face to promote the festival without having a contract.

Luckily for them, I wasn't going for Wyclef nor do I believe the other thousands of people were going just for a glimpse of Clef.

In my opinion, I think this year will be the best out of all the previous years because I for one am coming with hopes that some of the proceeds will make it to help out Haiti in some way or another.

~~All you need is love, & Love is all I have!~~

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
OZ'MOSIS wrote:

That my friend is really besides the point.

Here is the point:

I am going to have a Brooklyn Festival next week. Fliers are made with Oz in the MIDDLE of the flier suggesting Oz will be there.

And headlining the festival will be "Skyz Da Limit".

I have no WRITTEN contract with Oz or any member of Skyz Da Limit.

Is there an issue?

i understand you Kreyol....and you're right....well, Wyclef should sue if he really didn't give them the approval to put his face on the flyer....
it looks like they had some kind of agreement with him...maybe a verbel contract.....but somehow ego get in the way....maybe Clef is asking too much money and they feel like it's not worth it to have him there for all the money that he's asking....because as we all know it, Clef isn't that relevant as an artist as we speak...

Last edited by OZ'MOSIS on Thu May 13, 2010 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

pokann1

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

menm ti bagay la
BIZNIS LA RELEVE

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To me it seems really simple...back in February we were all about ede peyi and signing up for anything kap advanse Haiti.

Well now we are in May...unless you are in the trenches in PAP ou pa wer mize ki toujou ap passe...konyea business-mind take over again..tout charite yo fini..

Compafest te ginle tap expect yon "hometown" discount and maybe clef did but kob la te toujou twop epi @@ voye.

mwen ta swete nan tout pale anpil business sa...we can use this big stage that we have this weekend and the big names (which wyCleff being there coulda even brought more exposure) to make a huge impact as a haitian people that need our support still.

Mwen pa vrainment tande kisa exactly kap fet to do that..nor have i heard of any fundraising/drives being done by the festival committee..but I'm still hopeful that is not the case.

Toujou La

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As consumers and supporters of the HMI- we need to hold Promoters accountable for false advertising, Im sure Wyclef wanted to be at the Festival, but u can't blame him if he didn't have a contract. The man is focused on helping his country, before and After the Earthquake, I hope all Haitians are doing the same in any way they can.

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

People nou paka di False advertising paske note de press sorti avan event la take place pou yo annouce ke Wyclef pap la...it sucks pou moun ki anvi wer clef but its not False advertising as he was supposed to come...thousands of dollars have already been spent on the advertising that can't just be re-printed.

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a l'envers!!! Cool Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: