KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Baby Doc message (lil something i found and want to share)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Baby Doc message (lil something i found and want to share) Reply with quote Back to top

it's an interview about the Situation in Haiti From Baby Doc(Jean Claude Duvalier)

http://wforimg.dayport.com/htm/wfor4player.htm?Art_ID=437

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JMPerry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yanva, gade jan Baby Doc fin granmoun mesieu. Thanks for sharing this. It's so crazy how he is willing to lend a helping hand to do what he can. Will he end up back in Haiti at some point? What do you guys think? Notice that they did say that he has no political barriers stopping him from going back !!

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

FUNKY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow m'sezi we li wi...gade kijan li vielli...antouka nap suiv Arrow

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think baby doc will end up back in haiti at some point, maybe very soon.

I say if aristide can come back so can he. Baby doc was nothing but a pawn in the duvalierist regime.

I just hope he continues life as a civilian and does not return to the political scene.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The years that I spent in Haiti were under Baby Doc, and those years were awesome. Therefore, I have no qualms about Baby Doc going back to his homeland. From 1986 to 2006, we have nothing with his departune, but we have allowed the country to deteriorate to a state of pure anarchy.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's good to hear his point of view on the situation in Haiti. Him going back back to Haiti could be a good thing for us.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I saw that for the first time it gave me the chills...specailly footage of him doing the peacce sign...Reminds me of that old Madter J video.

Duke

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jacomo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First and foremost, Yanvaloo thanks for sharing this with us. It is true that both Baby Doc and Aristide have no legal barriers that can prevent them from returning to their homeland but I think we would be better off if they both stay away. One of the major reasons Haiti is so far behind in the progression department is due to the mismanagement of the 29-year Duvalier regime. Let's also not forget after he left Haiti in 1986, the country was ruled by members of his brutal army from 86 to 1990 and again from 1991 to 1994. If my math is correct, remnants of the Duvalier regime ruled Haiti for 36 years and really what did they really accomplish? Was the country a little safer at that time? We have to take a lot of things into consideration, there were less guns in the streets, (By the way after the macoutes were disbanded in 1986 they kept their weapons) the population (Specially the population of Port-au-prince) was a lot smaller thus easier to control. We didn't have the "Deportees" to import the criminal lifestyles they learned from the ghettos of America. I can go on and on. This guy left the country with $800 million dollars that could have helped the country. Well over 30,000 innocent people were killed under that regime among them my uncle Dr. Laine who was brutally murdered by his thugs leaving behind my two little cousins who were only 2 and 4 years old at that time.

There's an old proverb that states that "Time heal all wounds"...If you ask a Chilean person about Augusto Pinochet, he/she will most likely rave about his accomplishments although the guy was a brutal dictator. Likewise, Dominicans rave about their former dictator Rafael Trujillo, the same guy that killed 37,000 innocent Haitians. I'm not surprised that some people in Haiti are actually entertaining the thought of having the former dictator back. We can make excuses for the guy; we can say that he was just a poster boy. As a leader you’re responsible for the actions of those under your command. If you blame Aristide for the actions of the chimeres then Duvalier should also be blamed for the actions of the macoutes. We can’t have different strokes for different folks....

Believe or not we have made some improvement since he left albeit very minor. In 1985 Haiti was the 194th poorest country in the world, we are now 174. The literacy rate has grown from just under 20% to 54%. There are more schools, hospitals, and paved road now then we did in 1986. I think we need to move on from both Duvalier and Aristide, let’s start fresh with Preval and see where it goes.....Haiti 4ever...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jacomo wrote:
First and foremost, Yanvaloo thanks for sharing this with us. It is true that both Baby Doc and Aristide have no legal barriers that can prevent them from returning to their homeland but I think we would be better off if they both stay away. One of the major reasons Haiti is so far behind in the progression department is due to the mismanagement of the 29-year Duvalier regime. Let's also not forget after he left Haiti in 1986, the country was ruled by members of his brutal army from 86 to 1990 and again from 1991 to 1994. If my math is correct, remnants of the Duvalier regime ruled Haiti for 36 years and really what did they really accomplish? Was the country a little safer at that time? We have to take a lot of things into consideration, there were less guns in the streets, (By the way after the macoutes were disbanded in 1986 they kept their weapons) the population (Specially the population of Port-au-prince) was a lot smaller thus easier to control. We didn't have the "Deportees" to import the criminal lifestyles they learned from the ghettos of America. I can go on and on. This guy left the country with $800 million dollars that could have helped the country. Well over 30,000 innocent people were killed under that regime among them my uncle Dr. Laine who was brutally murdered by his thugs leaving behind my two little cousins who were only 2 and 4 years old at that time.

There's an old proverb that states that "Time heal all wounds"...If you ask a Chilean person about Augusto Pinochet, he/she will most likely rave about his accomplishments although the guy was a brutal dictator. Likewise, Dominicans rave about their former dictator Rafael Trujillo, the same guy that killed 37,000 innocent Haitians. I'm not surprised that some people in Haiti are actually entertaining the thought of having the former dictator back. We can make excuses for the guy; we can say that he was just a poster boy. As a leader you’re responsible for the actions of those under your command. If you blame Aristide for the actions of the chimeres then Duvalier should also be blamed for the actions of the macoutes. We can’t have different strokes for different folks....

Believe or not we have made some improvement since he left albeit very minor. In 1985 Haiti was the 194th poorest country in the world, we are now 174. The literacy rate has grown from just under 20% to 54%. There are more schools, hospitals, and paved road now then we did in 1986. I think we need to move on from both Duvalier and Aristide, let’s start fresh with Preval and see where it goes.....Haiti 4ever...

BRAVO...!! I don't think there is nothing more to add to your post.

Many seem to have selective amnesia or they are just ignorant of the Duvaliers. After more than 30 years of dictatorship, the destruction of the country, some continue to say things were better off under the Duvalier regime, is just mind-boggling. Just like your uncle, many families were victimized under that regime. They've raped, murdered and stole. They’ve destroyed the mind of the country. They’ve left nothing undone. They’ve sold our women, men and children to the sugar cane plantation in DR. They’ve literally sold our blood to the highest bidders. They’ve allowed foreign doctors and institutions to use us as their guinea pigs for their scientific experiments. Yet, some go as far as saying that Aristide has done far worst then Duvalier. It’s funny because they were able to eat a plate of food, attend some mediocre school establishment, the hell with the rest of the country. What we have in Haiti today is the legacy of the Duvalier regime. The chaos, the poverty, illiteracy, the crimes and health problems are all legacies of Duvalier. All this talk about him returning to Haiti is just BS. Jean Claude knows that he will never be back. He knows that he doesn’t belong in Haiti. The people will never accept his return. This interview and countless others are just formalities.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Boulevard des tubes and jacomo, I agree with you both. I think the reason people think things were so much better when Duvaliers was around is because crime was so much more organized in those times.

As long as you kept your mouth shut and did not get involved nan bagay ki pa regade'w you were pretty much O.K.

pEOPLE COULD WALK THE STREETS BUT THERE WAS NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH. IT WAS LIKE LIVING IN A JAIL HOUSE OR I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THE MATRIX. A LOT OF THINGS HAPPENED TO A LOT OF PEOPLE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. LET'S NOT FORGET FORT DIMANCHE.

But, I still maintain that baby doc was nothing but a puppet. I don't think he really can be compared with Aristide who was in full control of his actions. AND again legally, there is nothing keeping him from coming back, we can all just hope that he doesn't return to the political scene.

CAN HE STILL BET RIED FOR THE CRIMES COMMITTED UNDER HIS REGIME?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: