Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - KOZE FANM AK GASON...A REAL TURN OFF ON R.CANGE/FACIL CD...
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KOZE FANM AK GASON...A REAL TURN OFF ON R.CANGE/FACIL CD...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: KOZE FANM AK GASON...A REAL TURN OFF ON R.CANGE/FACIL CD... Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to take away anything from the musical work and the other good lyrics on Reginald Cange/Facil's album, but the song Koze Fanm ak Gason turn out to be a real turn off and I really can't tell what went into the mind of the artist to come out with such degrading words towards women in general....
Here is the line that is giving problem and I think we should all take a moment to analyze it, especially YOU the ladies....si kochon pat manje’l yo di se fanm ki tap fè’l, et nèg ki manje konchon an sa’l ye”
What the hell do you think he is talking about....?
Yes...you guest right...lap pale de k.k...In other words...if pork didn't eat shit, women would have eat it...and to the men his message is you are what you eat
I have a daughter and 6 sisters. I have 12 nieces, I have 3 cousins, a lovely wife of 30 years, 5 beautiful sisters in law, and many female friends that I dearly love, not to mention my dear late mother and late grandmothers I can't take that from Reginald or any other artist...bagay la rive twò lwen mezanmi...On behalf of all the Haitian women on planet earth...and every men who love griot, bacon or pork chop....I want to say to Reginald Cangé....Mon chè ou **** enrage ak lyric sa.....
The other night I heard an upset radio announcer in Haiti blasting Cangé on the air, but I wanted to take a good listen as well and it is indeed a real turn off on a nice album.
Menm si mwen te adventist mwen pa tap janm dakò ak lyric sa....
Wa Dim Saw Wè....

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Staff,

We would need to get Reginald explanation on this one. From the description you gave I understand that Men should not talk bad about Women.
Quote:
si kochon pat manje’l yo di se fanm ki tap fè’l, et nèg ki manje konchon an sa’l ye”

He put YO di se fanm ki tap fel (Clameur Publique) donk vrai moun li blame la se Garcon I guess. Si mwen bien kompran'n ou pale fanm nan mal ou bien ou monte fanm nan epi ou pale 'l mal a la fin se tete ou pale mal. That's what I got from your explanation.

There is another lyric mwen pa fin'n kompran n nan Fassil la, le li pale de djazz Haitien yo ki pati yo pa jwe pou etranjer. I think he went a little overboard on this one. Otherwise this guy is pure genius.

daphnee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Mad

WHOAH Mad Shocked Shocked To be fair, i haven't heard the song..so lemme check it out but as for that one snippet that you provided here, it doesn't look good...hmph Shocked Mad and I actually liked this guy as a singer...is he the song writer Staff?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rj production

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i only got to listen to this song like once or twice since i have been set on that on that toto song they have on their album but for some i think he was praising women on that song maybe i'm wrong ill check it out again

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find this snippet to be a grossly unfair mischaracterization of what Reginald was trying to convey. From my understanding, this song is critical of men who badmouth and mistreat women left and right, yet will go as far as killing another man for the approval of a woman. His question is if all these nasty things you say about women are true, what does it say about you (the man) who’ll do anything to have her.

I agree it’s a pretty crude way of making the point, which Reginald himself recognizes in the lyrics, but come on!!!

Here are the opening lines. I hope Staff will post the song in its entirety so people could properly contextualize its lyrical contents?

(you'll pardon my Creole)

map di bonjou la sosyete
mswete mizik sa pa ofanse
paske intansyon’m pa pou akize
ni pou defann pesonn

se pito poum kesyone
bagay depim piti map tande
ant la fam ak gason
kroke nan goj mwen tankou zo pwason

depim piti mtande yo di pa gin fam ki bon
min poukisa tout la jounin neg ap tuye neg pou fam
mpa konprann
ou ka gin kay pou fam
ou ka abiye byen pou fam
ou ka pedi tout bien w...

daphnee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
I find this snippet to be a grossly unfair mischaracterization of what Reginald was trying to convey. From my understanding, this song is critical of men who badmouth and mistreat women left and right, yet will go as far as killing another man for the approval of a woman. His question is if all these nasty things you say about women are true, what does it say about you (the man) who’ll do anything to have her.

I agree it’s a pretty crude way of making the point, which Reginald himself recognizes in the lyrics, but come on!!!

Here are the opening lines. I hope Staff will post the song in its entirety so people could properly contextualize its lyrical contents?

map di bonjou la sosyete
ni pou defann pesonn

se pito poum kesyone
ant la fam ak gason

mpa konprann
ou ka gin kay pou fam
ou ka abiye byen pou fam

ok...that's better..I get it now...can you finsih off the song JVJ??

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rj production

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:

map di bonjou la sosyete
ni pou defann pesonn

se pito poum kesyone
ant la fam ak gason

mpa konprann
ou ka gin kay pou fam
ou ka abiye byen pou fam

that's i was thinking too but wasn't sure thanks for the clarification

passionkompa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Staff this song indeed puzzzle me but I think the way it was written was meant to cath your attention, to compel you to give some thoughts to this perpetual saga between men and women This one was brutal but I do not think it is reginald stance but he was trying to be the devil advocate.

Eddy Brisseaux has this topic in one of his cds but was a brilliant poetic piece. Actually Reginald' song made me look for Eddy song's.

Over all the song is more about man stupididy or weakness when it comes to women.

by the way it is one of the best music on the album quoique lyrique la on tijan debode

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Staff,
If you don’t get this, we’re in trouble. Many readers value your insights, but sometimes you be wayyyyy off.
Bro, do me a favor. Go and listen to the song again and come back and tell the readers it’s you who misunderstand the concept of the song.

This is one of the most creative compas songs I have ever heard. The song is actually about how we men look at we women in society and certain labels us men associate with women. The song challenges men to look at themselves while they saying these awful things about women. And that’s why he sings “nou di si kochon pat manje’l se fanm ki tap fe’l” epi li kontinye mande “e nou menm (gason) ki manje kochon an ki sa nou ye”!!!!!! bro, you don’t get this? You don’t see in the context in which the song was writing???

I beg everyone to listen to this song before commenting on this song…..

Can’t be serious.

Last edited by OZ'MOSIS on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:

ok...that's better..I get it now...can you finsih off the song JVJ??

I would darling, min vwam pa tro bon Sad Embarassed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: