KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHIE "10 ANS PLUS TARD": SONG BY SONG BREAKDOWN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelly2k08

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i just bought the cd i havent opened it yet so later on after i listen to it i will come back and give my thoughts but thanks for the review KM so far ou banm tease poum al tande li

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: RICHIE "10 ANS PLUS TARD": SONG BY SONG BREAKD Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Is RICHIE the most complete artist of HIS generation?
Is RICHIE an HMI legend in the making, building his legacy brick by brick?

YES to both... just a slight modification to the second: Richie is not a legend in the making, he is a living legend, one of the great of this generation! One of my favorite musicians ever!

In my opinion, Richie is THE ARTIST OF THE 2000's DECADE!!!!

Just take a look at his record and work over the years: he produced all 5 Zenglen albums and most of them (Easy Konpa, Let it Groove, Do It Right, 5 Etwal) were very successful both critically and commercially. These albums are simply CLASSIC HIT ALBUMS in Konpa history.

He was also the only well-known musician to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Konpa in 2005 with his first solo album, another successful instant classic hit album "Le Konpa Happy 50". That was the perfect gift for the 50 years of Konpa and every konpa lover and melomane!

Well after this run, I think his work and magic declined through the collaboration album "Yo Remele" with Gracia Delva and Zenglen's "5e Vitès" which were kinda disappointing in my opinion and probably abused the winning formula that's been working for about half of the decade. He had probably reached his ceiling in terms of his production and failed to somehow innovate or reinvent himself.

But still, what Richie has done in the past decade is simply outstanding in every sense and definitely consolidates his legacy as a drummer first of all, composer, songwriter and producer. He probably has written and produced more successful songs and albums than any of his fellow musicians of this generation. So yes, Richie is the most complete and prolific musician of his generation, he deserves that respect and honor!

And he tops his legacy with this new solo album "10 ans plus tard". I bought the album as soon as it was released in December 2009 as I was anticipating it very much.

It's a very good album in terms of production, lyrics and arrangements, but not better than his previous solo effort "Le Konpa Happy 50" which is his best work ever in my opinion... I was kinda expecting him to surpass that masterpiece with "10 ans plus tard". I don't think he did, but it definitely beats his last two productions (Yo Remele and 5e Vitès).

It's unfortunate thought that the recent earthquake tragedy in Haiti took some momentum away for the album. Hopefully, Richie can get it back as soon as possible.

My favorite song on the album is "Gen moun li bay". That song is smply amazing. I just love blasting that song!!!! Kenny and Pozo performed very well on the song... yes man!!! Mizik sa anraje... Laughing

I also like "10 ans plus tard", it may not have a memorable hook as Pat said it but I like the vocal arrangements and lyrics; "Cap Haitien je t'aime" and "Je t'aime".

However, the song "Nanou" doesn't make any sense at all when you compare the concept and idea of the song to the delivery. Nèg yo gate sans mizik la nan voye monte konpa. The first time I heard the song, I was like "woy sa sa ye la?". Richie, Dabenz and Isnard made a big mistake on that one and failed terribly. Very poor execution!

Congrats Richie... mwen jwenn nouvèl la!!!

Once again, RICHIE IS THE BEST OF HIS GENERATION, A LEGEND!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PhizUniq on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is a nice CD, a couple nice track but too much adaptations on there WAY TOO MANY!!!! In the future, maybe one is good enough, it just became apparent fillers.

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
It is a nice CD, a couple nice track but too much adaptations on there WAY TOO MANY!!!! In the future, maybe one is good enough, it just became apparent fillers.

H1,

Way too many? I see what you'rsaying, but he only has 2 on the album.

And that basically should always be expected on a Richie album to have remakes.

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice breakdown Pat and Phiz thanks
i love (not obssessed) everything that
this man does he is a classic in my book
Richie HHHHHHMMMMMMM HHHHMMMMMMMM GOOD!!!

oliwood82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I LIKE THE ADAPTATIONS SO MUCH, BOTH JE TAIME AND I SMELL LOVE, FOR SOME REASON RICHIE LIKES TO DO THOSE MEDLEYS ON HIS SOLO ALBUM BUT NOT ON ZENGLEN ALBUMS, I THINK HE IS GONNA KEEP IT LIKE THAT AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT.

Neg Timid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice review Pat. Mwen jwenn nouvèl la !

NT

FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mon chè mwen resi tandé album la and i like it...anpil groove...anpil new flavor....mwen vreman jwen nouvel la...good job Richie Wink

Good Breakdown Pat Wink

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This album is great...

My favorite tracks are

10 ans plus tard very groovy. dabenz did a superb job on the vocals. nice to sing along to.

dont let go.
mizik lan dous epi se bon messaj net al kole. especially le konpa a tonbe right after ritchie says " my god"... im ready to go to heaven nan pati saa everytime. My only regret is that richie did not take out the "violence" thing. I would hate for anyone to think that this song is condoning violence in relationships.

gen moun li bay: funny song. once you get over the hard melodies it's pretty great. pozo killed it. and as funny as it sounds it's actually reality. depi on fanm pa vle tcheke ak on neg yo toujou pre pou yo bal non. vye jes!

Unite: What else can I say about this song? easily among the top 5 songs richie produced. adlerman did a superb job. dadou did great as usual. i love the waayy he sings " nou pa nan minnnnm pozisyon!" that's his signature note right there. cant stop listening to it.

Thks PATfor the review.

overall, this album is much more mature musically than richie's first solo album... and that's what you expect from a musician.

great job!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIWO......Ou ginleu JWEN NOUVEL LA?

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: