KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

THE FANS MAY BE THE WINNERS IF RITCHIE LEAVES ZENGLEN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raymi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: THE FANS MAY BE THE WINNERS IF RITCHIE LEAVES ZENGLEN Reply with quote Back to top

While I sincerely do hope that Ritchie and Zenglen are able to work out their differences for the good of the band, I'll play devil's advocate here by saying that it wont be the end of Zenglen and the fans might actually come out as winners.

For one, Zenglen has proven to be the cat of the industry with at least 9 lives. Remember this is the same band that managed to rebound from the lost of great talents such as G.D. Perez and Gracia Delva. When a band can rebound from its lost of the voice and face of the band, that speaks volume for its tenacity.

If their performance at SOBs shown on KReYol TV is any indication, I think the band's live perfromances will not sufer as Zenglen is the Brazil of Konpa because they are loaded with talent at every position. Where they will suffer the most will be the lost of his leadership, his charismatic personality and more importantly, his talent as Producer and Hit maker.

I'm not quite sure if Nicky can step in as yet and carry that responsibility.

Now why do I say that the fans might be the winners?
What happned when Dzine dissolved?
-We now have one of the top bands in the HMI in Nu Look.
What hapened with the breakup of Kompa Kreyol?
-We now have 2 very good solid bands loaded with talent and with a different sound in Kreyol La and Krezi Mizik.

Since Ritchie is such a talented and a great recruiter of talent, if he and the band cannot work out their differences, I would be curious to see what he'll be able to come with.

I think Variety is good for music and Kompa. While I do hope that they can work things out because Ritchie is synonimous with Zenglen, if that cannot happen, Life wont be so bad for the fans, in fact it might even get better in terms of choices.

Much love
Raymi.
Some men see things as they are and ask why?
I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? RFK.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree 100%

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

True!!! More variety and competition as well.

belfam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi se bon bagay ou pale la oui. I agree with you. To me i will also be very curious to see what his band will have to offer if indeed he is leaving zenglen.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thats what i'm saying and i agree with you , That 1 man could make alot Happen here , but in the mean time Map Suiv Arrow Arrow But if only ifffffffffffff he do leave, watch out cause there will be change everywhere and that could be for the better for the Fan as you stated.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi, I think everyone is good intentioned towards Zenglen.

Zenglen would be smart to listen to the people. The majority had expressed desired for that band to stay as it is.

It is a high price to pay to get variety, way too high. Personally I think they would make a mistake if they disband. You just don't disband a band that is on top of his game.

I believe the sums of the parts is always greater. It has been proved in history. Lennon or Mccartney were never bigger than the beatles.

Zenglen have a chemistry and a tighness developed from years and years of playing together. Years....

They had worked so many years at this and now .............they are going to throw it away????

It may be something else and it may be good.....but whatever ritchie or zenglen do on their own..it would simply mean that all those years are gone and another zenglen is dead.

Instead of thinking on breaking up, they should be thinking on adding horns and on attacking the international market. They have gotten really good. They are ready to go out to play with the Buena Vista Social Club, Omu Sangare and people in festivals like that.

Why going backwards now? and start all over???

what reason?????????????????

mexk

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mex kompa roots, mwen dako ave ou 100%

while I see where everyone else is coming from, why is it that we always have to lose some to gain some.

THere are enough talented musicians in the market to form new good bands without us having to lose one to do it, especially one like zenglen.

I don't think I would be making too broad of a statement if I said even though they are not the most popular, zenglen is the best band in terms of everything else, tha we have in the hmi right now.

We can't afford to lose it, and we can't afford to change it.

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys and gals........guess what?

CAFE MARABU, Pines Boulevard, Fl. Last night.............

Zenglen. and System Band. >>>>

No, Ritchie was not there.

BTW >>>>>>>> it was the first time that I am at a Zenglen bal since the 2002 incident at the International Afro-Caribbean Festival in Mexico. I did met with them.

I got to run..............Going to check out NU look at Marabou........

SYROMIEL said it better.

Syromiel, mwen dako ave ou 100% ..aussie....tambien.....100%

mexkompa R >>

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mexkompa Roots wrote:
Hi guys and gals........guess what?

CAFE MARABU, Pines Boulevard, Fl. Last night.............

Zenglen. and System Band. >>>>

No, Ritchie was not there.

mexkompa R >>

How was that party ? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yanvaloo, the party was cool. There was a good turn out. In fact it was packed. It was peaceful as it usually is, had good ambiance and it was about the music.

System Band is coming back for their glory. I don't know what they did but it sounds like a new system band. Blaise is a very good drummer. The just sounded really good. I enjoyed. They played last. It is a joy to hear a full sounded Haitian band, it really is.

Zenglen did actually sounded very good. You know Niki is still there, Maestro is still there, Nicolina is still there, el pozo is still there, James is still there, Brutus and so for ...... the pool talent is huge. The people just rocked the house, you know, they love zenglen not matter what.

So Zenglen will survive if the bad news come true, YET.......

I guess the people have spoken. Just about every post writen said its a bad idea.

Mexkompa Roots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: