KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FLAV OF GABEL: THE KOMPA MAGAZINE INTERVIEW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM INTERVIEW CLASSICS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: FLAV OF GABEL: THE KOMPA MAGAZINE INTERVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

KOMPA MAGAZINE talks with GABEL's second vocalist FLAV, who came into the spotlight by singing their hit song "OU SE MELODI'M".

1) For those of us that don't know you too well, How would you describe FLAV in terms of the "personality"?

FLAV: I'm very cool and down to earth type a guy, love to spend times with friends and family.

2) How did you end up playing with Gabel?

FLAV: Well I got a call one day while I was in class from someone in Gabel's camp and they asked me what I thought about joining the band, I told them that I was very excited and I would love to, then i went to audition for almost a week and they asked me to join...the rest is still unfolding!!!!

3) If you were to get an offer to go join a more popular band, would you leave?

FLAV: Never say Never but as of now NO, simply because in life you must earn and work your way to the top, anything that is giving or handed to you sure wont last. To some people it would be ideal but not for me...Gotta earn my stripes and I'm in a great position to do so.

4) Why should we believe in Gabel's potential like you and the others in the band?

FLAV: The band is a young band with young musicians, meaning that we are still learning and also we're in a position to climb up the ladder, Our management has done everything to keep the band relevant for almost 3 years since we had the tag of a "local Band", I believe we hit rock bottom already and now its time for the phoenix to rise Pat and rise we shall rise.

5) Katalog just got the news that he is able to travel with the band outside the U.S. Is that a huge burden off your shoulders because had it not happened, you would have had to lead the band in other markets, especially the tough one known as Haiti.

FLAV: Its a huge burden off the band's shoulder and huge burden of his shoulder after nearly 10 years now he will show the world what he is capable of doing and plus we still proving to those that didnt believe that day would come. but as far as a burden of my shoulder to lead the band, I doubt it because if they felt that i was unable to do the job, the band wouldnt go to Haiti for the first time with only me. Kata felt that I could and his approval meant a lot and I wouldnt let him down based on those principles.

6) You are in an awkward position. People say that KATALOG is the star or most recognizable star in the group, but yet, your song "OU SE MELODI'M" is the group's BIGGEST hit so far. What do you make of that?

FLAV: Pat there's no secrets here and I'm gonna make it clear, Kata is THE face of GABEL, Kata has been in the band since the beginning and I joined last year, He has done a lot more than me in the HMI as a matter of fact I'm in a great position to learn from him. My time will come and I can only be patient. THIS IS HIS MOMENT AND I HAVE THE BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE TO WITNESS IT.

7) Your favorite group currently on the market HMI group BESIDES Gabel. Why?

FLAV: I like POSITIVITY, so therefor any band that is doing something great for our culture and our people...mwen kanpe avek yo!

Cool Your favorite HMI vocalist is?

FLAV: Growing up in Port-de-Paix I listen to mostly the band in my area, since I'm from Port-de-Paix I grew up listening to Sinik Mizik and All Stars, But unfortunately one of my favorite singer recently passed in a car crash his name was Papi Love (R.I.P).

9) My HMI idol is.....?

FLAV: All the Greats that paved the way for all of us to enjoy this great music that we have today. Our job is to make sure their dreams leaves within each and every single musicians and Haitian's alike.

10) If you weren't an HMI star, what would you be?

FLAV: Well I graduated from Florida Atlantic University (FAU) this past May with a degree in Management Information System and Minors in both Finance and Marketing. I currently work in the Finacial industry because I gotta make use of my degree after all that time in school (lol). I will also be going for my Masters in January cause I STRONGLY believe in education. A few years down the line I want to help the Kids In Port-de-Paix by doing something special down there, it is in the work so I was told not to say much... so stay tuned and Thanks Pat.

Thanks

Last edited by kompamagazine on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great interview...
Flav tres Humble
kompliman Flav, mwen apresye tout repons w yo
avek pesonalite sa, si'w kembel
wa rive lwen wi man

Good Luck to you

Great Job Pat :w
ink:

ZENGLEN PI RED

vava

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GREAT INTERVIEW PAT & FLAV

A VERY HUMBLE YOUNG MAN WITH A BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD Cool Wink

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Flav, bon bagay! Bel interview!
Congrats to you bro
Misie se ou jeune gason ki extrement positif!
kenbe la, bro

Last edited by jeancelestin on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

RICKY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can see this guy is modest and optimistic. Remain the way you are, it will do alot for you. Good interview

loulou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well done flav

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice interview. Flav seems to have a good head on his shoulders not too arrogant and with a very cool confidence that shows his belief in his band's potential to be successful in the HMI.

Good Luck Flav Very Happy

sansan29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great interview;Flav keep up the good work.

sexyt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NICELY DONE FLAV Wink TX PAT

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great interview...
nou ka we ti bway sa'a te fe de jou kay ponyon...
keep up the good work...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM INTERVIEW CLASSICS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: