KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CAN ZENGLEN AFFORD TO KEEP RICHIE ON BOARD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought was an issue of the NEW Zenglen LIVE CD, isnt it..

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IT'S MORE than that Senly. That is part of the problem, but it is more than that.

KM!

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, then thats why I said Richie made DEMANDS about the title of the LIVE CD.

I guess Im wrong.. AGAIN.. Laughing

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
Ok, then thats why I said Richie made DEMANDS about the title of the LIVE CD.

I guess Im wrong.. AGAIN.. Laughing

You not wrong. Wink

Pat
Quote:
IT'S MORE than that Senly. That is part of the problem, but it is more than that.

KM!

and pat is not wrong either, it's something that's been brewing for a while and maybe what's you saying DJK made it spill over and it's part of it but no one is wrong here so a suivre

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gromosso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zenglen will go on if Richie does leave.

Gary Didier Perez left and was replaced with Gracia "Ti Bat Ko" Delva. Zenglen was still Zenglen but sounded different.

Gracia left and was replaced by TWO GREAT singers in Frerot and Reginald. It took them some time to get assimilated but they did and the band to me sounds tighter and heavier.

If Richie leaves, Zenglen will go on but won't sound the same especially in the studio. Whomever will be the band's next studio producer, whether it's Nick, Brutus, or anybody will have to bring their A Game. But you know what, they don't have to worry about a studio record for at least a year. They obviously have the 5-Etwals album tracks, Richie's Le Konpa, Nick's solo album, and Frerot's soon to be released solo album. The band's repertoire is a very rich one.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, to answer your question djk, i would say no. Because, richie can make a demand today, but tomorrow he will make another one. So, zenglen will never be able to keep richie's wants and demands.
However, like pat said, the problem is mainly between richie and archille over the "50 ans kompas album". But, for some reasons, zenglen seems to be the one being the middle.
to be honest, i respect richhie a lot. But, zenglen will continue without richie. I hope he will stay in the group. However, if he does not want to do that, well life goes on.

kafou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gromosso;

Zenglen doesn't have two great singer, they have a good singer in Reginald Canger who's the Sky is the limit. Reginald is between Good and Great, is not there yet, Olthough he will.

Frerot, is between good and average, let us not jump ahead of ourselves here.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

Stwilguens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, let's not jump to conclusion here. It's not that big of a deal, the problem is between Richie and Archille. Both guys are working on the best interest of Zenglen so it is positif that they'll do what best for Zenglen.
Has Richie gave any interview yet? Did he said that he'd leave Zenglen?
So guys let's wait and see how this gonna unfold.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All I know Richie maybe coming out with a new single with new members of his band soon. Good luck to all parties. I do believe Zenglen will survive but Richie signature sound will surely be replaced.

Zenglen is one band that has been destroyed an rebuilt so many times in its 15 or more years that Richie leaving will really have no effect. They will find another formula like they have done so many times before. I really wonder how does Brutus do it!!! The man has been there since the begining of the group.

Stwilguens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, let's not jump to conclusion here. It's not that big of a deal, the problem is between Richie and Archille. Both guys are working on the best interest of Zenglen so it is positif that they'll do what best for Zenglen.
Has Richie gave any interview yet? Did he said that he'd leave Zenglen?
So guys let's wait and see how this gonna unfold.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: