KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MUSICIAN'S SHOCKING THEORY BEHIND SHABBA'S BLUNDER INTERVIEW
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: MUSICIAN'S SHOCKING THEORY BEHIND SHABBA'S BLUNDER INTERVIEW Reply with quote Back to top

Musician EDY BRISSEAUX (Never one to hold his tongue) believes that SHABBA's blunder interview (The infamous RFO video interview) in French has deep roots.

Read his comment to KM Below

EDY BRISSEAUX: "As a phenomenon of mental slavery, the colonizers have impregnated in us that we must speak their language otherwise we are stupid. Nou tout pran la dan'l. Shabba tou senpleman bliye ke le nou ekxprime'n an Kreyol, sa pa gen anyen pou we ak entelijans."

KM!

****PLEASE KEEP IT AS INTERESTING DEBATE****
PA GATE POST NAN!

kelly2k08

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thats what i said if u know u cant speak a language just ask for an interpreter, si male yon kote yap pale chinwa avem of course mwen supoze mande pou yo interpret, se seul sa ki fem pat padone shabba, lem ap fe blague pou kanaval mwen voye ti point but as a haitianneg la se yon frere nou li ye i feel bad for him cause u see that at least he try cause gen de moun ki pa try minm and u see at least he has a notion of what he wanted to say, but he should just reply in Creole or ask for an interpreter.

but i also think as an artist u should try to learn some of the common language like spanish, english and french cause no matter where u go in this world u will find those 3 languages and as an artist u will have fan that are hatian but do not speak creole so u have to be able to know a lil basic of those 3 languages cause they like the most that u will find

Last edited by kelly2k08 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh c'mon! That's old news now.

We had about 2 or 3 long debates about that on the board already, not just the Shabba inteview (btw Pat, I think it's RFI), but the social and cultural implications of Shabba's mishap.

Brisseaux has a good point. But it comes very late as it was already discussed.

MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WELL, EDDY MAKES A LOT OF SENSE. SHABBA COULD HAVE SPEAK CREOLE AND HAVE SOMEONE TRANSLATE FOR HIM, THE SAME WAY IF HE HAD TRAVELED TO CHINA AND HAD TO GIVE AN INTERVIEW, SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TO TRANSLATE FOR HIM.

IT'S THE HAITIAN MENTALITY, IF YOU CANNOT SPEAK FRENCH, YOU DIDN'T GO TO SCHOOL OR DIDN'T GET FAR. THAT CREATES SOME KIND OF COMPLEX IN US THAT WE HAVE TO SPEAK FRENCH TO SHOW OFF. SOME PEOPLE EVEN THINK IF YOU SPEAK FRENCH, YOU ARE INTELLECTUAL. WRONG! IF IT WAS TRUE, ALL PEOPLE BORN IN FRANCE OR WHO LIVE IN A FRENCH SPEAKING COUNTRY AND SPEAK FRENCH FLUENTLY WOULD BE INTELLECTUAL.

I HOPE SHABBA REALIZED HIS MISTAKES AND NEXT TIME GET AN INTERPRETER. HE SHOULD NOT FEEL ASHAME IF HE CANNOT SPEAK FRENCH FLUENTLY BECAUSE THAT'S ONE OF THE FEW LANGUAGES THAT HAVE A LOT OF RULES. IN FACT, THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE IN HAITI WHO ARE IN UNVIVERSITY AND CANNOT WRITE A GOOD FRENCH ESSAY WITHOUT MAKING LOT OF MISTAKES OR RUN-ON SENTENCES, ALTHOUGH THEY THEY HAVE BEEN READING IN FRENCH ALL THEIR LIFE SINCE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
The views/opinions that I express on KM are strictly and solely those of MINGOLOVE, the HMEI personality, and should not be associated in any way with my membership in any other fields nor be held against me in any matter not related to entertainment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daphnee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MUSICIAN'S SHOCKING THEORY BEHIND SHABBA'S BLUNDER INTER Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

Musician EDY BRISSEAUX (Never one to hold his tongue) believes that SHABBA's blunder interview (The infamous RFO video interview) in French has deep roots.

Read his comment to KM Below

EDY BRISSEAUX: "As a phenomenon of mental slavery, the colonizers have impregnated in us that we must speak their language otherwise we are stupid. Nou tout pran la dan'l. Shabba tou senpleman bliye ke le nou ekxprime'n an Kreyol, sa pa gen anyen pou we ak entelijans."

KM!

****PLEASE KEEP IT AS INTERESTING DEBATE****
PA GATE POST NAN!

It's sad that you have to put a disclaimer on your topics now Pat... Laughing Laughing
Ok back to the topic.

There may be some credence to his logic. This is not the first time I've heard this, and I'm sure that it won't be the last neither. I would certainly hope that in this day and age that this mentality isn't as prevalent in our society as it was in the past but only a fair education given to all would help eradicate this.

As for Shabba, all I can say is better luck next time and stick to what you know. If French isn't a language you're fluent in then say so and have a translator assist you. If French is a language that you choose to learn then do so.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phizuniq.....Did you ever read BRISSEAUX's take on it .....NO.

Ou pa rinmin post la...just skip it. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

We were discussing something else, and SHABBA's interview came into the equation...and what he said I thought was interesting.

Phiz....Se pa pou ou seuleman ke nap travay...THANKS

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh BY THE WAY PHIZUNIQ

Mwen ta swete OU DI MINM BAGAY LA "IF" T-VICE tackles that issue for their 2010 carnival.

PHIZ...YOU THE BEST Laughing Laughing :lol:Mwen te gintan konpran'n. Wink

KM!

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RETE?

KOTE MISYE TE YE?

LI FENK LEVE NAN DOMI? OUBYEN NAN COMA?

RETE!

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Phizuniq.....Did you ever read BRISSEAUX's take on it .....NO.

Ou pa rinmin post la...just skip it. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

We were discussing something else, and SHABBA's interview came into the equation...and what he said I thought was interesting.

Phiz....Se pa pou ou seuleman ke nap travay...THANKS

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

KM!

Wow! Pat take it easy man! It was just a simple comment.

Mwen pa anpeche okenn moun pale sou sujè a, mwen pa diw pouw travay pou mwen selman.

I even said Brisseaux had a good point. It's a simple comment. No big deal.

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Oh BY THE WAY PHIZUNIQ

Mwen ta swete OU DI MINM BAGAY LA "IF" T-VICE tackles that issue for their 2010 carnival.

PHIZ...YOU THE BEST Laughing Laughing :lol:Mwen te gintan konpran'n. Wink

KM!

There's a difference. Two different ways of looking at it.

Brisseaux's point is a SERIOUS one.

T-Vice taking a jab at Shabba about it in their carnival is ALL ABOUT FUN AND POLEMIC. Everybody already knows it will be in T-Vice carnival, even Shabba. So it's expected.

Ou konprann an reta!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: