Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - RODNEY NOEL GIVES US COLD HARD FACTS ABOUT HARMONIK SUCCESS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RODNEY NOEL GIVES US COLD HARD FACTS ABOUT HARMONIK SUCCESS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: RODNEY NOEL GIVES US COLD HARD FACTS ABOUT HARMONIK SUCCESS! Reply with quote Back to top

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Are you offended or proud when people say that the only reason that HARMONIK has climbed up the HMI ladder so fast is because of how powerful you are in the HMI in terms of the Haitian Compas Festival, and high profile bals? Would that mean that as the MANAGER of HARMONIK, you are actually "NOT" getting credit for your MANAGERIAL skills. What is your reply to that?

RODNEY NOEL: Please note that everyone is entititled to their own perspectives and their truth is relative to his or her own experiences. What I will say is that there are two factors that cannot be debated, unless the person is resolved to submit themselves to the 'ostrich with the head in the sand' phenomenon.

1. I continue to do business in this community that is dedicated to uplifting the culture in a positive light. This means that I cannot afford to do business as it has been done in the past. Obtaining and maintaining success means progressively marketing talent and products that are demanded by the public. In addition, I have an added responsibility to display my products on a suitable platform. If doing so has been interpreted by individuals in another light, then so be it.

2. As a stern businessman, I believe in optimizing the quality of the products that I put my name on. For anyone to discredit Mac D's style of performance and/or appeal, Sanders' very skillful techniques on his guitar, or even dare to deny Nickys celestial fingers is assonine. I took it a step further by combining these factors to present an up and coming band that is enthusiastic and disciplined about their musical skills. Their style is original and they continue to demand a spot among your musical favorites.

When a cook is in the kitchen, the recipe must produce a an entree that is palatable to you no matter what bells and whistles I put on it. It so happens that I have the secret ingredient to make sure that my product is widely marketed to all may enjoy it.

Bottom line, I may have established myself in the community in terms of the outreach I have and this has worked in Harmonik's favor. However, you are welcomed to keep your head in the sand and deny that Harmonik's got plenty of talent! You can take that to the bank and have a Merry Christmas.

Coridally.

H. Rodney Noel
President, CEO
Harmony Records

Carmelito

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tonton Noel pa lan ranse,

Li pa tap kiter Noel passer pou li pa ba nou cadeau.

Merci pou cadeau a Tonton Noel... Laughing Laughing

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CARMELITO

Are you having issues with what he's saying?

KM!

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well said Rodney.

You cannot deny the man’s marketing and business skills and if it happens that he has the financial means and the connections in the HMI coupled with the musicians’ talents and name recognition that made it easier for Harmony to climb the HMI latter much faster than other upcoming bands you cannot fault him for that.

Tell who would have those tools at their disposal and would not use them?

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rodney Noel?

I don't know misyeu that well, i have seen more than a lot.......but there is one thing i notice in this man: PROFESSIONALISM!

Honestly I did not expect a haitian with that much power to be respectful, professional, and organized.

Rodney is a business man with virtue.....

A friend of mine (mackendy) stayed outside of Moca Cafe not too long ago, and we were observing how Rodney was handling a problem.....

The man is calm, professional.......we were shock.....We did not say anything to him...but we were like wow...

Harmonik is automatically a marketable band........
Harmonik is talented.......young.......appealing to ladies.....the guys are really modern young artists.....very stylish and whatnot......

but that does not make a great band.........

Organization, discipline, proper exposure, great marketting strategies.....make great bands...

and Rodney is the man for that..........

I could go on all night if i want to mention things that make me thing Rodney is really working hard to make the band successful..........

It is not a surprise to see that he has been successful in this entertainment, music business......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nou beswen 10 moun konsa lan biznis epi HMI la tap rive lan yon lot nivo...

mackeny001

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

philosophenoir wrote:
Rodney Noel?

I don't know misyeu that well, i have seen more than a lot.......but there is one thing i notice in this man: PROFESSIONALISM!

Honestly I did not expect a haitian with that much power to be respectful, professional, and organized.

Rodney is a business man with virtue.....

A friend of mine (mackendy) stayed outside of Moca Cafe not too long ago, and we were observing how Rodney was handling a problem.....

The man is calm, professional.......we were shock.....We did not say anything to him...but we were like wow...

Harmonik is automatically a marketable band........
Harmonik is talented.......young.......appealing to ladies.....the guys are really modern young artists.....very stylish and whatnot......

but that does not make a great band.........

Organization, discipline, proper exposure, great marketting strategies.....make great bands...

and Rodney is the man for that..........

I could go on all night if i want to mention things that make me thing Rodney is really working hard to make the band successful..........

It is not a surprise to see that he has been successful in this entertainment, music business......

No need to say more. the man is just a great manger. seeing how he handled that night when boukan was cancel credited him even more. i must say that i have many people in the business in his status, they dont treat people the way he does. i remember when hormonik first came out. they played their third performance for us for free at fau for a fundraiser to support kids in haiti. we had some deficulties. the man handled everything with respect and kidness.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marco sou kompa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I respect the guy for what he had been doing in the community in term of the music business. He didn't have to come with all this around to show his work. Mr Noel fe youn paket demonstrasyon pou l reponn youn semp keksyon.....Ti mesye we se ak youn gwo boss yap travay yo oblje ranje kow pou yo jwi avantaj la.....It's all about money then wap nan bizzzzzzz

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, rodney has said it all! The guy is a businessman and as such he has to present a product taht people will buy and apprieciate! Therefore, he has to use his marketing machine to present these products to the consumers in such a way that they will buy and like the products. That is waht he has done with compas festival and more recently harmonik! People have the right not to like or buy the products, but people who buy his products are in love or satisfied!
How can you disagree with him?
Good point, rodney!

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody who thinks that harmonik is only where they are because of R. Noel is very foolish..but at the same token there is no denying Noel influence on the band rise to success.

let be real here that old addage remains true "in order to make money you gotta spend money". So that plus the fact Noel was able to put together 3 rising stars in the HMI in a band makes for a GREAT business move.

Lets not forget that NOEL's first venture into band management was BackUp (well not sure if that was his first but it is what i remember) and we know that hasn't been the same.

So mr. Noel is right about the talent and orginality of the band..but his deep pockets and connections are too an added benefit as well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: